Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can i safely spray with these mods?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i safely spray with these mods?

I have a 98 z28 built by MTI. It has the T1 cam and the stage II heads + all of the little breathing mods. It also has a Moser 12 bolt with Eaton chunk. The car has 432rwhp and 397rwtq. I would like to put some juice too her, but I have heard so many different stories on how much she can take before getting weak and breaking. How strong is the bottom end of the LS1's? How much spray could I put to her SAFELY? And what system is the safest? Thanks guys, this is my first post.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: can i safely spray with these mods?

Now when you say built do you mean just heads/cam installed by MTI or a built MTI motor? If its just heads/cam then most people seem to run a 100 wet shot without anything major just a intank fuel pump and tuning should be good. If you have a "built" motor I wouldnt see a problem running a 200 shot with a nice fuel system,race gas,and tuning. On some cars 550-600rwhp is the point where stuff starts to break but every car is different so many thing come into play. I like the NX wet kit but if I could do it again I would of went with TNT wet kit. There 100 shot puts out more like 120rwhp. Do a search and you will learn alot.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, do u have some type of forged internals? If not 100 to 125 is fine. Will forged block etc. I would go 225 but thats just me.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:48 PM
Teching In

No, the car is just a heads and cam car. They did the installation of all the mods to the car. It's doesn't have a forged bottom end. Thanks for the advice. It's Much Appreciated!!!!! I was just checking so i don't break anything. I hope to get a nitrous kit very soon, and I'll definetly check out TNT's wet kits.