Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debating on what progressive controller to use?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Debating on what progressive controller to use?

Well here is my situation... I am going to be spraying on the setup below in sig... I have been reading up on the progressive controllers and have come done to, two that i would want to use.. I am only going to be spraying a 175-200 shot but i would like to leave out of the hole on around 50shot then gradually let it kick all in.. What would be the best and less headaches for what i am trying to achieve... I also am running my nitrous setup threw a MSD digital window switch, WOT switch, and Auto retard curtosy of MSD digital 6

The ones i found are the digital from FJO for $209

Or Nitrous outlets for $140

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...del=84&dept=11
Old 05-20-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm using the Mini FJO controller. Its worked well so far, i'm glad i got it since im adding a 2nd stage.

I guess if you want less headaches go with Nitro daves unit, looks like it has less features and you dont have to use a laptop to set it up.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:43 AM
TECH Regular

I run the NOS Launcher. So Far it is amazing. You have so many things you can control.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:43 AM
Banned

I'm running a NOS MINI controller and I like it alot, but that NOS Launcher looks like it takes the cake on anything else out there, only thing is it's pricey compared to the MINI.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

none sponsor link

Last edited by Noyzee; 05-22-2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: non sponsor
Old 05-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by Lt1junkie
.. What would be the best and less headaches for what i am trying to achieve... I also am running my nitrous setup threw a MSD digital window switch, WOT switch, and Auto retard curtosy of MSD digital 6
the 2 units you list above are bothe very nice parts.

The Nitrous Outlet unit gives you the ability to set the start % and ramp time only.

THe FJO is a 2 stage controller, Window switch, and TPS activation. It lets you program a curved ramp by either RPM or by Time. THe down side is it requires a laptop to make changes in between runs.

A third option you might consider is the NOS mini-controller (pn 15974NOS) it is also a 2 stage progressive, window switch, and TPS activation switch. It only does Linear Time based ramping but it gives you a ground output for each stage. This will be used to connect to your MSD's timing retard trigger.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

I too am looking to add a second stage to my existing setup and have been looking at the FJO since I can replace my BMN window switch then use this one unit to control both stages from one box. No issue with the laptop for me as I'm running HPT @ the track anyways.

Here's the manual[/url] for the FJO, I'm going to start reading.

Now I just need to know how to begin setting up the 2nd stage - like when to enable it, what % to step it, what RPM to fire it from, etc etc etc... Then come the tuning questions...

-Eagle

Last edited by Robert56; 05-24-2008 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Remove non sponsor link
Old 05-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Launching!

I run the simple Nitrous Outlet 140 unit it is nice and so easy to make changes.

Make one test pass on a new street and then tweek the settings in less then 2 seconds, I put it in the center counsel.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree on the Nitrous outlet unit.... VERY nice products from them.... They are deff, ahead of the game when it comes to nitrous...