Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who uses the interface w. a car tuned w. efi-Live?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JS
Put the MAF patch in and then rerun the car..We needed to do this too on NA power with a 402,it was loosing signal for a sec or 2 and zeroing out the MAF HZ's...Once we added the MAF patch it went away..We are running a 60lb injector and a LPE intank for this GTO and have ha no issues now..We're going to go N20 in the future with this car and were at 505/530 SAE corrected all motor

It COULD be a loose wire or a bad MAF but I doubt it.
Add the MAF PATCH...
500+ na is great! Nice work there.
I checked the MAF patch, so I assume its installed. That didn't seem to make a difference. However I recently discovered there is a MAF high limit, which you can also change with EFI live so I bumped that up to be safe.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

my tuner was seeing this tonight, when tuning mine
Old 09-18-2008, 06:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bad6as
my tuner was seeing this tonight, when tuning mine
Yes I did - just drops down in frequency randomly with the interface hooked up. Causes a lean spike. Happens with and without the nitrous activated, but mostly without. And we took the interface out of the equation and it didn't do it at all. There is no correlation to RPM or frequency when it happens - saw it in the 7,xxx hz range, 9,xxx hz range and others - but the higher it is, the more it impacts the AFR spike. Usually dropped to around 2,5xx hz and it only lasts a fraction of a second.

We put the interface unit on a folded up shirt, to cushion it from any vibration, and it seemed to do it much much less. I think there is an issue with the grounding or mounting myself. Definitly has nothing to do with EFILive.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
Yes I did - just drops down in frequency randomly with the interface hooked up. Causes a lean spike. Happens with and without the nitrous activated, but mostly without. And we took the interface out of the equation and it didn't do it at all. There is no correlation to RPM or frequency when it happens - saw it in the 7,xxx hz range, 9,xxx hz range and others - but the higher it is, the more it impacts the AFR spike. Usually dropped to around 2,5xx hz and it only lasts a fraction of a second.

We put the interface unit on a folded up shirt, to cushion it from any vibration, and it seemed to do it much much less. I think there is an issue with the grounding or mounting myself. Definitly has nothing to do with EFILive.
I was never able to get it straightened out. I ended up just spraying through the MAF like everyone else. Its been running good ever since.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:34 AM
FormerVendor

Check all the connections on the harness for a loose one. JoeyGC5 has done a few with EFI Live I believe, might want to shoot him a PM.

Matt

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6

Old 09-20-2008, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

The issue we had was a bent pin completely killing the MAF signall. Other than that there hasn't been any issues using EFI Live and the interface. However this was just on Jeff's C5 and not a GTO or F-body. But either way I couldn't see the tuning software being much of an issue as it's just changing variables in a set set algorythmic structure in the pcm.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

My car is currently at my tuners shop here in Dallas and he is having a big dip in the graph like posted above. The car is a 2002 C5. I noticed this problem after I let a local guy hook it up for me. It had a major dip even when the nitrous wasnt armed. I believe the Interface is grounded directly to the battery. I did notice that my MAF had a screen before I let the local guy wire some things up and afterwards when I had a few little things apart, there was no screen on it. I honestly cant tell if Its a totally different MAF or if the screen was removed.

It was tuned with EFILive first, but the professional tuner now uses HPT.

Im just trying to maybe get a few ideas going to maybe help him out....
Old 12-18-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02blackbeauty19
My car is currently at my tuners shop here in Dallas and he is having a big dip in the graph like posted above. The car is a 2002 C5. I noticed this problem after I let a local guy hook it up for me. It had a major dip even when the nitrous wasnt armed. I believe the Interface is grounded directly to the battery. I did notice that my MAF had a screen before I let the local guy wire some things up and afterwards when I had a few little things apart, there was no screen on it. I honestly cant tell if Its a totally different MAF or if the screen was removed.

It was tuned with EFILive first, but the professional tuner now uses HPT.

Im just trying to maybe get a few ideas going to maybe help him out....
De-screening the MAF is only needed on before the MAF style dry kits, though that is likely not the problem, but sometimes it will skew the tune a bit. I would just unplug the Interface and replug MAF and see if you have the dip still. Then you will know whether it's something to do with the Interface or the tune that was just performed. What ever it is, a pro tuner should be able to find and fix it. However, many pro tuners still don't get the dry hits, lol.
Robert
Old 12-18-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Robert56
De-screening the MAF is only needed on before the MAF style dry kits, though that is likely not the problem, but sometimes it will skew the tune a bit. I would just unplug the Interface and replug MAF and see if you have the dip still. Then you will know whether it's something to do with the Interface or the tune that was just performed. What ever it is, a pro tuner should be able to find and fix it. However, many pro tuners still don't get the dry hits, lol.
Robert

Yeah, I sent a message to HSW and they are in the process of helping also. He is a very knowledgable tuner with many awesome cars to back it up but Im sure he will find out what it is, but I know he was getting frustrated....and I know how he feels, bc I work on cars too LOL
Old 12-18-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

You know re reading this it seems that this issue happens with the EFI tuner program. I wonder if someone could try another program like HP Tuner when it's happening and see if maybe there is some unknown glitch when logging with EFI Live? Does that make sense? Or is it happening with other tuner programs and just EFI live guys came in here because the title asks about EFI? I haven't heard of other tuner programs having issues, if there is an issue?
Robert
Old 12-18-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

It is still happening to mine using HPT
Old 12-18-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

It is still happening to mine using HPT
Do you have an exact wiring diagram of your install? Pm me with it if you do. I am looking at the postive or neg ground optionand am just wondering at this stage?
Robert
Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

I dont have an exact diagram. This is Corvette-Chris from the vette forum BTW Robert
Old 12-19-2008, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

happened to me, i have some screen shots from my tuner, hsw updated my interface and so far so good
Old 12-20-2008, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

My MAF screeen had blown off and seemed to hit my MAF and interfeer with the signal. He found the piece of screen and took it out.....problem solved
Old 12-21-2008, 09:51 AM
FormerVendor

Glad to hear that Chris!

Nick
Old 12-21-2008, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

when i get home i'll make some logs with my scanners and the interface hooked up, i'm wondering if this could be the issue i'm having as well, i haven't tried any logs with it disconnected, however with it hooked up the logs look a little spikey, and i've been having weird split blm's that keep going back and forth. i have had a few times where i had troubles getting the car to start and i disconnected the interface and hooked up the stock wiring again and it fired up and ran great, i'll do some more logs wite datamaster and my LM-2 both with and without the interface when i get home, after the 3rd

Last edited by evilbeef54; 12-21-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

My MAF screeen had blown off and seemed to hit my MAF and interfeer with the signal. He found the piece of screen and took it out.....problem solved
Great so we may be back to only EFI?
Robert
Old 12-21-2008, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

read my post robert...
Old 12-21-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Glad to hear that Chris!

Nick
Thanks for the help. I was the one emailing through tech support and you guys are TOP NOTCH

Originally Posted by Robert56
Great so we may be back to only EFI?
Robert
Yeah Robert, It may be back to an EFI isolated issue ??