Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you know how to wire 2 HSW interfaces...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do you know how to wire 2 HSW interfaces...

Do you know how to wire 2 HSW interfaces for a 2 stage dry setup? I just installed an interface on a '04 Z06 single dry setup and I really like it. I'm about to do a 2 stage dry on my vette and was hoping I could run an interface for each stage and still make it work when running both stages together. How would the wiring for that need to be done? Is it even possible? I haven't found an answer searching.

Thanks,
Joshua
Old 05-25-2008, 10:12 PM
FormerVendor

You SHOULD be able to just run another Interface inline with your current one, and just hook it up to the second stage. Just be forewarned, we haven’t tried in house although we get this question all the time, maybe someone that has tried can chime in.

Matt

Originally Posted by rms-man
Do you know how to wire 2 HSW interfaces for a 2 stage dry setup? I just installed an interface on a '04 Z06 single dry setup and I really like it. I'm about to do a 2 stage dry on my vette and was hoping I could run an interface for each stage and still make it work when running both stages together. How would the wiring for that need to be done? Is it even possible? I haven't found an answer searching.

Thanks,
Joshua
Old 05-25-2008, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Matt,
Thanks for the reply. Just plug it inline is so simple I didn't even think about that. Ray helped me come up with a good wiring diagram that I think will work well. I'll give this a try and report back later.

If anyone else has done this let us know.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:41 AM
On The Tree

ttt..anyone tried this yet?
Old 05-27-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

If you do this please log the **** ot of it. I'm curious to see if there is any signal loss from all the extra connections. The instructions and schematics for th unit look like it should work fine though.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

I will for sure. I've been logging this box on another Z06 I did a dry setup on and I'm making some changes to the nozzle setup, but so far so good. I'll update later when I get a chance to try this on my vette.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Id Just Pull The Timeing For Both Stages At Once And Then Use The Interface To Add Fuel For The Seccond Shot.. The First Shot The Fuel Can Be Added By Using The Pe Modifer Table For The Given Iat Temp You Are Commanding With The Interface...

Simply Put If You Have Custom Tuneing Software You Dont Really Need The Interface, Neverthe Less You Can Still Use It Along With Software
Old 05-31-2008, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

That would be a cool idea if my '00 Vette had the PE vs IAT table. It didn't come out until the '01-newer vettes.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 3-stage setup it's set to really have 3 different kits, though I have thought about adding a 2nd interface...(I get around this a different way currently) The problem i see is trying to take command of the MAF with two separate devices trying to give different commands/signals for different load needs. However, there is a cure for this, lol. take a rpm activation SW and have it set to come on when the 2nd stage activates and use it to bypass the first Interface, and then we have the 2nd Interface set-up (dip switches) to fuel both stages only when the 2nd stage is armed or activated. This will take a couple relays, but it is doable and yes I have done something very similar with a multi stage system, but you will need to understand wiring pretty well as it can seem complicated fast. i know use my rpm activation SW to arm my 2nd fuel system in second gear when the 2nd stage activates, welcome to the wiring nightmare of nitrous, lol. Or, you could wait for the dual stage Interface coming out (I am), maybe Matt could give us a time scenario? Anyway, just some thoughts at this point in time, and if ya get it figured out in a way that works, be sure to let us know.

Robert