Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blew a head gasket; need advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run the MLS-GM with copper spray , and ARP head studs with a 300 shot and never had any kind problems. The GM MLS gaskets has a stainless steel inter core liner witch help to keep from burning out between cylinder to cylinder. I can not see any differance between the Cometic and the GM's my self.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:31 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
I run the MLS-GM with copper spray , and ARP head studs with a 300 shot and never had any kind problems. The GM MLS gaskets has a stainless steel inter core liner witch help to keep from burning out between cylinder to cylinder. I can not see any differance between the Cometic and the GM's my self.
the fel pro come with a coating already on them its like a copper spray, but a little better because its on the gasket from the factory.
the GM's one work great for sure tho. very good stuff
Old 07-31-2008, 08:45 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
You can get the cometic in any size you want.
We have never had a head gasket leak or blow out. Hell I have reused my cometics 3 times before I replace them and still no problems.

Have yet to try the felpros but I hear good things about them.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:55 AM
8 second mod

Old 07-31-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ATVracr
You can get the cometic in any size you want.
We have never had a head gasket leak or blow out. Hell I have reused my cometics 3 times before I replace them and still no problems.

Have yet to try the felpros but I hear good things about them.

Im with ATV we have never had a commetic leak or blow and I have reused 3 times also although i normally copper spray them the 3rd time. But we have also always had the block /heads checked or decked and made sure they were super clean...

held 8 seond passes and 500 shots worth of juice over 1000 rwhp.

Im not saying the flpro's are not good. they are probably great but we have not used them cause We have just stuck with what has worked.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Noyzee

Which heads where those. That would suck if my AFRs cracked like that. I would flip. Do you think you tightened the head bolt to tight?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:18 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by landonew
Which heads where those. That would suck if my AFRs cracked like that. I would flip. Do you think you tightened the head bolt to tight?
225's

i didnt really put the head up to talk about, mainly the gasket, but i wanted people to see why the gasket was so bad.

the head was installed correct, i guess the heat treat on the head was low in that spot do to welding on the heads. (thats what im told anyway)