Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lc1 mounting/install

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lc1 mounting/install

hey guys, i just got my lc1 and im going to have a shop weld in the 02 bung for me on monday so i can finish up my halo system. do you guys have any recommendations on where to have the sensor placed, where to mount the lc1, or any general tips or heads up? anything appreciated i just want it to go smoothly! thanks

oh and one other thing, i know i can do logging with my laptop, but will i able to see injector duty to see if they are close to being maxed out? my car is only bolt on and i just plan to try to get up to a 100 shot for now, just curious! thanks
Old 08-09-2008, 07:34 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran mine to the passanger side header and tied it up around the trans lines with zip ties. Just make sure its not laying on the header and your good.

Tony.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

alright, now what about the actually bung? is a few inches from the stock 02 ok? is it better to mount it before or after the stock 02?

thanks for the quick response
Old 08-09-2008, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

When we Tuned my car, we just plugged it in the passanger side 02 sensor. But i have a speed density tune..so my 02s are just plugs now
Old 08-09-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Mine was just behind the front O2, I choose the passenger side, however most will probably recommend the drivers side because #7 is the notorious cylinder the goes first.

Passenger side of the factory exhaust manifold on my vette, looking fwd. The WB is the sensor closet the camera. The factory front Narrowband sensor is behind the flange.

The instruction set says to mount it at about the 2-3 o'clock position

The get Injector duty cycle you will need logging software such as EFI Live or HPT (may be able to do it with a handheld tuner, not sure). You need to Log Injector Pulse Width and then use a calculated PID to determine the duty cycle.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Launching!

You would get better results with your question in the right section.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SuperSlow02
When we Tuned my car, we just plugged it in the passanger side 02 sensor. But i have a speed density tune..so my 02s are just plugs now
yeah, i was told that if i just plug it in to the factory sensor bung the computer will throw a code bc it will be looking for the factory narrowband sensor
Originally Posted by Beer99C5
Mine was just behind the front O2, I choose the passenger side, however most will probably recommend the drivers side because #7 is the notorious cylinder the goes first.
thanks beer, ok maybe i'll go with driver side. are you still on factory manifolds? if you are, do vettes come with air injection or do they not have it? in the instructions that came with the lc1 it recommended that you get rid of your air system so you dont get a false lean reading from the extra air. i have headers but i have my air on still, only temporarily to pass emissions.

...i assumed this would be a good section being that a lot of nitrous guys use widebands..?

where do you guys have the actual lc1 unit mounted?
Old 08-11-2008, 05:36 AM
TECH Addict

I have upgraded to Longtube Headers, its in the X pipe now. Yes we have the AIR pump as well, no issues. I turned the pump off w/ EFI Live anyways.

Post in the tuning section and you will probably get more feedback as well.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

under the passenger rear seat is a hole,
i ran my sensor out that hole into the exhaust.
the LC-1 unit is hidden behind the sail panel.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Regular

alright guys thanks alot for the responses i'll movie it over to he tuning section.