Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitro Dave and others please come in

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitro Dave and others please come in

On a standalone fuel system I have a 1 gal cell, Holley blue pump and regulator. Obviously it will be at low PSI know my question is should I just run it deadheaded and adjust fuel press. by spraying through the jet. Or should I run it as a return system. If return how should I go about doing it.
Thanks
Old 08-26-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1_bad_ss
On a standalone fuel system I have a 1 gal cell, Holley blue pump and regulator. Obviously it will be at low PSI know my question is should I just run it deadheaded and adjust fuel press. by spraying through the jet. Or should I run it as a return system. If return how should I go about doing it.
Thanks
If you have the holley max pressure regulator that came with the blue pump, then you would have to get a return or bypass style regulator to do a return setup, but I would just run it dead headed and get a fuel flow tool (like this one from Wilson: http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com/shop/...ct_detail&p=61) to set ur flowing pressure since you already have the regulator.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Launching!

ANyone else
Old 08-29-2008, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

You shouldn't dead head the regulator as it will cause pressure creep and could cause your system to go lean when spraying. I have a -8 return line on my tank with a -8 x -4 reducer. On the inside of the reducer I just simply drilled it out and tapped it to accept a holley jet to constanly bleed the fuel back into the tank eliminating the possibility of dead heading. Not sure if you can see the fitting on the top left corner but that is what I'm referring to. If you need a pic of the actual fitting I made. It's always recomended that you flow your system with the jets you're going to use prior to spraying. I think most people recommend a .060 jet for the bleed line. I'm just going to run a -4 from one side of my regulator to the retun on the tank. And just so you know, you don't have to use a return style regulator to accomplish what you're looking to do.

BTW, If you want, I've got a brand new Barry Grant 2 port regulator for sale. I've got just over $130 into it with the proper inlet fitting. I'll let it go for $90 shipped to your door.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myfast70
You shouldn't dead head the regulator as it will cause pressure creep and could cause your system to go lean when spraying. I have a -8 return line on my tank with a -8 x -4 reducer. On the inside of the reducer I just simply drilled it out and tapped it to accept a holley jet to constanly bleed the fuel back into the tank eliminating the possibility of dead heading. Not sure if you can see the fitting on the top left corner but that is what I'm referring to. If you need a pic of the actual fitting I made. It's always recomended that you flow your system with the jets you're going to use prior to spraying. I think most people recommend a .060 jet for the bleed line. I'm just going to run a -4 from one side of my regulator to the retun on the tank. And just so you know, you don't have to use a return style regulator to accomplish what you're looking to do.

BTW, If you want, I've got a brand new Barry Grant 2 port regulator for sale. I've got just over $130 into it with the proper inlet fitting. I'll let it go for $90 shipped to your door.
I would like to see your drill mod pics, and use them on my site for info if ya don't care? also, how much effect does the different size jetting produce on the return? Seems it would not be a lot, just enough to keep dead heading at a minimum. Agreed with you guys on flowing the system just like in the real world usage, too many guys just slap their systems together with out a tune up and wonder why they have issues. I changed my system over to return at the rails and seen a great improvement in the fuel system, though not a conventional stand alone, but somewhat similar.
Robert
Old 08-29-2008, 02:33 PM
10 Second Club

Robert56, you can use the info on your site!

Here you go! Going to different size jets really doesn't effect the amount of return as it is also jetted. But as we've mentioned, you should always flow the system with the jets you plan on running for your system. That will give you the most accurate way of knowing you've got the correct fuel pressure. If I remember correctly, you can run up to a 300 shot on each side of a Holley Blue setup (blue pump with supplied regulator). Sorry for the big pics, I was too lazy to resize them.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice, saved.
Robert
Old 09-04-2008, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Nice, saved.
Robert
Got a link to where you put them?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by myfast70
Got a link to where you put them?
It will be going into my personal tuning web site. the n2o section's bully got it banned from the site for some lies (after being in my sig for many years), along with my sig pic, my avatar, a link to a nitrous site and on and on and on... but if you do a google search on Robert and nitrous and service you may be able to find it.