Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In the market for new noids.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008 | 05:36 PM
FormerVendor

KC Jeff,

The Nitrous Outlet Brand Solenoids Are Built To Our Specifications By A Company That Designs And Manufactures Solenoids.. This Means The Coil, Orfice Size, Port Configuration, Piston, Tower and Can are Individual Items They Build And Assemble. The Solenoids Are Assembled To the Specifications OF What Our Testing Has Provided Us to Believe We have The best Option As An Ending Result.

There are many of options to choose from. All will work. Some work better and more reliable than others.. Some compaies offer better tech support to back there product as well. Thats always something to concider..

Obviously we are not the only choice in the world.

I am sorry That my statement caused such a huge issue.

Let me reword it for you..

We stock about 5 different brands of solenoids. I have done extensive testing on noids over time as well seen all the good and bad. I can honestly say you can not go wrong with our Nitrous Outlet brand solenoid.

Thanks
Dave
Old 09-10-2008 | 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
The Nitrous Outlet Brand Solenoids Are Built To Our Specifications By A Company That Designs And Manufactures Solenoids.. This Means The Coil, Orfice Size, Port Configuration, Piston, Tower and Can are Individual Items They Build And Assemble. The Solenoids Are Assembled To the Specifications OF What Our Testing Has Provided Us to Believe We have The best Option As An Ending Result.
Are they not precisely the same coil, orifice size, port configuration, piston, tower, and can that the solenoid manufacturer sells to other resellers (other than you)?

I've asked that question twice now with no answer. Why?

These may well be terrific solenoids. They are just not unique to your reselling company.
Old 09-10-2008 | 06:02 PM
FormerVendor

I am pretty sure I have already answered your questions.. NO ... In the event one companies come from the same plant as another companies it does not mean the build is exactly the same... There are alot of choices in a build of a solenoid.. It is up to each company to determain how they want there solenoids built.
Thanks
Dave
Old 09-10-2008 | 06:23 PM
10 Second Club

KCJeff,

Everything that N.O. sells is the "best" just read their posts. Everyone else is trash according to them. I have personally experienced their service and have been much happier with HSW. I don't understand the constant need for Nitrous Outlet to constanly bash the other nitrous vendors/sponsors this site has to offer. I just wonder if they feel a bit threatened or jealeous of them. They are about the only ones that you will see one a consistent basis bashing everyone else. I guess Robert is right, it's just an example of their character. I'm sure I will be contacted by a moderator again for making this post but the bashing needs to stop.
Old 09-10-2008 | 06:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by myfast70
KCJeff,

Everything that N.O. sells is the "best" just read their posts. Everyone else is trash according to them. I have personally experienced their service and have been much happier with HSW. I don't understand the constant need for Nitrous Outlet to constanly bash the other nitrous vendors/sponsors this site has to offer. I just wonder if they feel a bit threatened or jealeous of them. They are about the only ones that you will see one a consistent basis bashing everyone else. I guess Robert is right, it's just an example of their character. I'm sure I will be contacted by a moderator again for making this post but the bashing needs to stop.
Wow all I need is Robert in here now and all you guys that like to take cheap shots at me every chance you get will be in the same post.. Awesome!!!

I am in no way bashing anyone in this post nor another companies products..I simply stated my opinion.. I can not help it if you disagree. Everyone is intitled to there opinion this is AMERICA!!!

You Guys have a good day..
Dave
Old 09-10-2008 | 06:37 PM
FormerVendor

To the original poster of this thread.. I appologize that a simple answer I made to your answer was turned into all this crap. If I can help you in any way please shoot me a pm or call us. 1-866-648-7637. We answer our phones all day long.

And yes hold onto the solenoid. I have many old manufactures parts that are not around any longer. Including 10,000 rpms Mustang Plate..
Dave
Old 09-10-2008 | 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Wow all I need is Robert in here now and all you guys that like to take cheap shots at me every chance you get will be in the same post.. Awesome!!!
Cheap shots? LMFAO!!!!

Personally, I'm not bad mouthing the product you resell and call your own. It might be swell. You make it sound like the only place a person could purchase that exact specification solenoid is from you and that is DEAD WRONG. The manufacturer is selling the EXACT same solenoid to other resellers. The only difference is the sticker. According to you, N.O. doesn't even assemble "their" solenoids. It's simply private labeling the nitrous industry. Exactly the same situation occurs in many industries (chemicals, pet food, etc). The problem occurs when you purport "your" solenoid is better than others (when, in fact, they may be identical in every way). You may never admit that you understand the difference. That's ok. You also may never stop posting every word beginning with a capitol letter, but none of that matters.

The only vendor who bashes other vendors products on LS1tech is you.
Old 09-10-2008 | 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

To add some more info about solenoids
As Dave mentioned there are lots of options within the same manufaturer of solenoids. The big differences I remember are when NX came into the scene.
Now If you compared a NX solenoid to a NOS solenoid (about 10 years ago), there were 3 key features that set them apart. The coil rating, the piston material, and the purge port. NX used higher powered coils, which were obvious, by the larger gauge wire, lower ohms, and higher opening power, and they also used a differnet piston material, other than teflon, which increased life substantially over the teflon. That allowed them to offer their 'lifetime warenty' NX also added the purge port which was nice and convienent. So even if both solenoids were origianly manufatured at the same plant, they were spec'd very differently, and performed differently.

Now, for some info on the carbon fiber solenoids. Daves right about NX outsourcing that. My company (not 860) made them for NX for the first 2 years of the lightning solenoids. They were made in Salem NH, USA , unfortunelty now NX pulled the work from us.

my rant is over.
Vinny

Last edited by 860 Performance; 09-15-2008 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-10-2008 | 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

I was told when I called the nx line about a problematic lightning noid on one of there first runs to put a washer on it( top under the nut) they claimed it would help the coil open. I laughed and called around and found an old style nx noid still in stock an bought it .never had an issue. IMO don't make a noid lighter.... make it work 100% of the time and have 0 restriction and open as fast as possible. ill take 2 noids weighing 5lbs each with those specs.

As for the bickering. I took the posts as shots at Dave also. And have seen alot of it lately from members admins and sponsors.

IF you do not under stand how 1 manufacturer can supply 5 diff nitrous companies noids and all 5 be different in some way look up a parts catilog for peter paul. its like 800 pages of noid parts... BTW peter paul will not make you 2 noids. LOL
Old 09-10-2008 | 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
IF you do not under stand how 1 manufacturer can supply 5 diff nitrous companies noids and all 5 be different in some way look up a parts catilog for peter paul. its like 800 pages of noid parts.
I understand that a manufacturer can assemble solenoids from different specification parts for various resellers. I'm saying that the Nitrous Outlet solenoid is not unique to Nitrous Outlet. Except for the sticker, that is. Dave or someone else at NO may have agreed to a spec or even suggested that spec. No one is naive enough to believe that the manufacturer holds this spec as some top secret recipe that can only be produced for NO. That's a ridiculous argument.
Old 09-10-2008 | 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
IF you do not under stand how 1 manufacturer can supply 5 diff nitrous companies noids and all 5 be different in some way look up a parts catilog for peter paul. its like 800 pages of noid parts... BTW peter paul will not make you 2 noids. LOL
exactly
Old 09-10-2008 | 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
As Dave mentioned there are lots of options within the same manufaturer of solenoids.
See above point.

Also, I notice your username is 860 Performance. 860 Performance IS A NITRO DAVE'S COMPANY.

Possessing all of the pertinent facts can be so enlightening!
Old 09-10-2008 | 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KCJeff
See above point.

Also, I notice your username is 860 Performance. 860 Performance IS A NITRO DAVE'S COMPANY.

Possessing all of the pertinent facts can be so enlightening!
Oh man, I didn't think anyone would notice that, you got me. (sarcasm)

But seriously, I think we all agree, to your point they could order the same thing, but take them apart and look, most nitrous companies are configured differently.

Last edited by 860 Performance; 09-10-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-10-2008 | 08:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Im just curious.....If I were to say.....

"we have done extensive testing on cams and must say, our cams put up the best numbers we have seen on the market"

would it matter if said cams were designed and built in house, or if they were simply Comp Cams design with our name on them?

The fact that Comp actually built them wouldnt change the fact that they had the best numbers on the market would it?

(Im not saying this is what Dave is doing...im simply stating that even IF Dave didnt build his own solenoids, that wouldnt have any bearing whatsoever on the statement that Dave made about not being able to beat his brand of solenoid)

just an observation from a completely non biased individual.

and for the record...."jeff@spectaclesolutions" is ABSOLUTELY NOT a Nitro Dave company.

I dont even know the guy.
Old 09-10-2008 | 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jeff@SpectacleSolutions
Im just curious.....If I were to say.....

"we have done extensive testing on cams and must say, our cams put up the best numbers we have seen on the market"

would it matter if said cams were designed and built in house, or if they were simply Comp Cams design with our name on them? The fact that Comp actually built them wouldnt change the fact that they had the best numbers on the market would it?
To satisfy your curiosity: It matters if you specifically market them as your OWN brand, bash other cams as inferior, and claim they are "better" than other cams (which may be IDENTICAL to "your" cam).

Originally Posted by Jeff@SpectacleSolutions
(Im not saying this is what Dave is doing...im simply stating that even IF Dave didnt build his own solenoids, that wouldnt have any bearing whatsoever on the statement that Dave made about not being able to beat his brand of solenoid)
This sentence might make sense to you, but I cannot decipher your point. Too many "ifs". You keep saying "if Dave" and "if this" and "if that". We are not discussing "what-ifs". We are discussing what actually happened.

The main point of this topic is to help other nitrous users learn what I have learned (sometimes the hard way!). Relabeling and private labeling are rampant. Just because someone puts their sticker on a nitrous part and proclaims it "best" does not mean you cannot purchase the identical part from a different reseller (albeit with a different sticker). Seems like there has been quite a bit of mumbo-jumbo and sideways talking to skirt this fact. I'm not a fan of smoke and mirrors. This is a community of nitrous users. Vendors should not be allowed to say whatever they want to sell a product.
Old 09-10-2008 | 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

KCJeff, You stated in your own post that resellers of all products have someone else make the product and sticker it their "own". So what's the big deal? This post looks like a direct bash to Dave and his company for whatever reason, I don't own one nitro dave product but I do appreciate his involvement in this site and believe he is an asset to this site. One warning from a moderator should be enough to back off a little. It's posts like this that hurt good information being passed on to everyone.
Old 09-11-2008 | 06:58 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

To satisfy your curiosity: It matters if you specifically market them as your OWN brand, bash other cams as inferior, and claim they are "better" than other cams (which may be IDENTICAL to "your" cam).
people all over this board market cams as their own that are made by other companies. they have those companies build those cams to their own specs and claim they are better because they do tons of R&D to back it up.

Im not going to continue a debate with you. I think its clear you have some sort of personal problem with Dave that has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not he actually has a superior product to offer.

If youve been in other threads railing against companies that sell cams as their own then my apologies. Somehow I doubt thats the case though.
Old 09-11-2008 | 08:28 AM
8 second mod

KCJeff, I know you have a hard on for dave, i see it in just about every post you put up. Ive warned you in public ive warned you in private, this is your last warning, try me if you would like.

Myfast70, your right behind him.

you keep pushing this issue, im not sure if you have a simple mind or what, i dont know what you cant grasp here.
Dave's noids in his opinion are "the best" he has them built to his specs. if another company say nitro kevins buys from the same place as dave, he will not get the same noids. he will get them built to his specs there for not being the same noid.

i look at it like this a while back i used a company they used peter paul noids. i had an opener fail, and 2 large nitrous noids and one fuel noid. i then decided to try another company, when i found out they used peter paul i was scared, they told me they use diffrent parts in there noids then the other guys.
i then used them with no issue, they are accually still in use today.

So no, just because one place builds the noid doesnt meen you get the "same" part.
Old 09-11-2008 | 08:30 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by KCJeff
Sorry Noyzee, but what wasn't "clean" about my post. A vendor made a post claiming their "brand" solenoids were the best. I simply asked if they manufactured them or just put their stickers on another manufacturer's solenoid. Seems like a reasonable and logical question to ask. Particularly when the original poster has reached the end of his current solenoid's life cycle. I'm not knocking anyone here. Just asking for clarification. I'm sure many other vendors re-sell manufacturer's solenoids. Is it unreasonable for a nitrous parts buyer to ask the difference between a company's "brand" versus something they resell?

Please let me know if I'm in violation of some LS1 tech rule here. I don't see it.
I know that you have a hard on for dave, i see your intention in all your posts, i know what you wanted to do, and it wont happen, like i said above, knock it off.
Old 09-11-2008 | 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by andy670ho
KCJeff, You stated in your own post that resellers of all products have someone else make the product and sticker it their "own". So what's the big deal? This post looks like a direct bash to Dave and his company for whatever reason, I don't own one nitro dave product but I do appreciate his involvement in this site and believe he is an asset to this site. One warning from a moderator should be enough to back off a little. It's posts like this that hurt good information being passed on to everyone.
See my prior post for "whats the big deal". It is clearly explained.

I have not violated any of the LS1tech terms of service. Sharing factual information amongst participants is the purpose of internet discussion boards. I do not think it is right or fair to lead a customer to believe he is buying something that cannot be purchased from any other vendor. I sincerely doubt LS1Tech or IB would take negative action against a member for sharing FACTUAL information. Time will tell the story.

Afterthought: If you really want this thread to go away, perhaps it would be wise to stop adding the comments that cause it to rise to the top.

Quick Reply: In the market for new noids.