Notices
Non-Automotive Classifieds Sell almost anything here, with the exception of firearms and ammo

Tokina 3x Digital Telephoto Lens - 52mm Black

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Tokina 3x Digital Telephoto Lens - 52mm Black

This lens is like new and used twice. Everything shown in picture is included. (Bag, Manual, 55-52 lens ring adaptor, and lens with front and back covers)

Retails for $54.00

Looking to sell for $30.00 + Shipping

Manufacturer's Product Description:
Tokina HD Optics allow for a sharper, closer look at the world! The Tokina 3x Telephoto Converter Lens is a high performance optic that triples the focal length of your camera’s lens for enhanced 3X telephoto imaging. Constructed with Tokina's high quality High Definition (HD) Multi-Coated optical glass, autofocus and auto exposure functions are retained and its high lens speed allows higher shutter speeds for sharper results.

Ideal for wild life and sports photography, the 3x brings the world closer to you to capture all the details. Used creatively, its reduced depth of field allows subjects to strongly stand out against the background while it can also provide a 'flat' perspective; compressing the apparent distance between distant subjects in a picture.

Telephoto Advantages:
* Get Closer - Sometimes a barrier or distance from the subject prevents you from physically moving closer to your subject. In those cases, a telephoto lens works perfectly because it brings the subject closer.
* Highlight Details - A telephoto lens can focus on a specific detail of your subject. In addition, it can isolate the subject from a distracting background, making the details even more pronounced.
* Candid Shooting - A telephoto lens allows you to photograph people in natural surrounding and poses. Being farther from your subject, you can take photographs without your subject noticing.

Will mount to most Digital Point & Shoot Cameras using an Adapter Tube with supplied adapter ring including:
Canon Powershot: A60, A70, A75, A85 (52mm)
A510, A520, A650 IS (52mm)
A700, A710, A720 IS (52mm)
G3, G5, G6 (52mm)
Fuji Finepix: S7000S, 6900, S4900, S602 (55 - 52mm)
Nikon Coolpix: 5400 (52mm)
Olympus: C-7070 WZ (52mm)
Panasonic Lumix: FZ18 (52mm)
Sony Cyber-Shot: DSC-V1 (52mm)

Specifications:
Magnification: 3x
Rear Mount Diameter: 52mm (to camera)
Front Mount Diameter: 72mm (from lens)
Construction: 4 elements, 4 groups
Supplied Adapter Rings: 55
Lens Diameter: 74 dia x 65mm
Length: 2.9" (73.6mm)
Weight: 11.1 oz (315g)
Old 11-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any photos you've taken with this exact lens? And what camera did you use it on? I'm also wondering why the list of Powershots doesn't include the A80, since that's the model I have.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by speedy_2
Do you have any photos you've taken with this exact lens? And what camera did you use it on? I'm also wondering why the list of Powershots doesn't include the A80, since that's the model I have.
I'd have to look on my home PC. I used it on a Fuji Finepix S7000S.

The A80 may not be listed depending on what type of lens ring adapter it may require. This lens will fit a camera that utilizes a 52mm or 55mm mount.

Here is an example from someone else's site showing the difference with a Sony P10.

Camera + No Zoom

Camera + Full Zoom

Camera + Full Zoom + 3x Lens

Quick Reply: Tokina 3x Digital Telephoto Lens - 52mm Black