Notices
Non-Automotive Classifieds Sell almost anything here, with the exception of firearms and ammo

2 year old female basset hound

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 2 year old female basset hound

i have a 2 year old female basset hound forsale. located in Lima, Ohio.

120 bucks...sorry pick up only. no shipping.

she is a good dog, crate and house broken. needs a good home. i have work and school and my girlfriend as school as well. she spends too much time in the cage and i dont feel that is right. she is not fixed and ready to breed if you wanted.

she will come with a cage, large food and water dispensers, and a almost full bag of dog food.

i know this is kind of a long shot on this board, but she needs to go. i dont have the time to give her that she needs.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Selling a dog is lame. Give her away to a GOOD home. If you paid for her, bite the bullet. You "don't feel right" about her being in a crate so much but you still want to get paid for her. Seriously, don't ever own another dog again.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Teching In

+ what he said.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DETROIT_AREA_00_SS
Selling a dog is lame. Give her away to a GOOD home. If you paid for her, bite the bullet. You "don't feel right" about her being in a crate so much but you still want to get paid for her. Seriously, don't ever own another dog again.
Not necessarily. My vet says to sell a pet if possible. The new owner has a vested interest in the animal and doesn't take it just because it is "free". If the new owner pays, they are also more likely to spend the $ on care and vet visits.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:09 AM
On The Tree

You always should charge a re-homing fee so some piece a crap doesn't come and get the dog. Or some Joe Dirt poor family with 6 kids and no money who just wants to make there kids happy that day with a free dog.

Great looking dog BTW....I would die without my Lab Krixes, I swear I love him as much as my Wife.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Posting bullshit on someone elses thread is lame. I was asking 120 to cover her cage and supplies and to make sure she went to a good home.

I care about her and if someone walks into my home truely wanting the dog, they will pay for her. At least I know if they are willing to shell out the dough, they will probably take care of her.

Giving away a dog is lame. Any peice of **** can take a free dog and take her to the pound if she doesn't work out. They will be less likely to do that if they paid for it.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Teching In

These are great dogs. I come from a German Shepard background and these dogs make me laugh more than any other dog I have owned. IN fact I have two of them. They love kids!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bww3588
Posting bullshit on someone elses thread is lame. I was asking 120 to cover her cage and supplies and to make sure she went to a good home.

I care about her and if someone walks into my home truely wanting the dog, they will pay for her. At least I know if they are willing to shell out the dough, they will probably take care of her.

Giving away a dog is lame. Any peice of **** can take a free dog and take her to the pound if she doesn't work out. They will be less likely to do that if they paid for it.

Nice theory! But unlikely.

If all you wanted to do was provide her with a good, loving home you would take the time to screen instead of just throwing up a $$ sign.

Ask for their current or past vet and make a phone call, I have NEVER had a vet's office not assist me in finding out if the person kept their pets up to date on their shots...etc.

Go to the persons home and do a home inspection...takes 30 minutes and lets you do a real evaluation.

Make sure they have a phone number for a rescue group that specializes in that breed and that they realize many (most) shelters KILL.

Posting dogs for sale is LAME.

Quick Reply: 2 year old female basset hound