Notices
Non-Automotive Classifieds Sell almost anything here, with the exception of firearms and ammo

RC warbird

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default RC warbird

I have (I THINK) a 1/5th scale P51 Mustang RC plane for sale. This was given to me by my mother in-law after her husband passed away. He was a big time flyer and had 32 planes when he passed. He did air drags and was always active in the RC community. I hate to see this not get any use but I'm just not into RCs. I don't have a remote but the plane is fully wired and has a good size engine in it. I don't know the size of the engine either but I could take the plane down and see if there is a way to find out. The tips of the wings are in padded bags that are fitted to them and the skin of the plane isn't damaged. Just for size reference those are 4' long lights hanging beside the plane. I'm asking $500 for the plane.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any info on the electronics that are in it? Also what is in there for a engine? Where's the remote? Lost or just m.i.a and in a box somewhere? With the retractable gear you will need that. Also where are you located and would you ship?
Old 11-22-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stormed_Norm
Any info on the electronics that are in it? Also what is in there for a engine? Where's the remote? Lost or just m.i.a and in a box somewhere? With the retractable gear you will need that. Also where are you located and would you ship?
I don't have the remote. My mother in law didn't know which remote went with what plane as he tended to use only a handful of really high end remotes for several planes. He had 3 warbirds and they all used the same remote. I'm willing to ship but it will not be cheap. I'm located in Scott, Arkansas. I'll try to get it down and see if I can find a way to identify the engine that is in it.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

send me a pic of the motor and possibly take the canopy off and take a pic of the electronics, maybe i can help with identifying the internals for you.

otherwise bump for a good price
Old 11-28-2011, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll get it down and check it out as soon as I can. Weather was bad here over the weekend and I didn't want to mess with it.

Quick Reply: RC warbird