Notices
Non-Automotive Classifieds Sell almost anything here, with the exception of firearms and ammo

Anyone want a Glock 26 with extra 32 round clip?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005 | 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
I'd just feel like an outlaw or serial killer or something owning one. If something ever happened where it went to the courts I'd rather have had my weapon have been a pistol than a "sawed off shotgun" if ya know what I mean. It's kinda like the "pitbull" of guns. If a "pitbull" attacks something its a vicious beast that must be put down. If it's a pomeranian that attacked, it was the person's fault and the poor pooch was the victim. See what I mean?

Besides you can saw it off and put a pistol grip on it and it's still no where near as small as compact as a pistol. One further consideration is if someone breaks in your home and you have to shoot them with the sawed off, chances are your also likely shooting and destroying other stuff in your house b/c its a 100 little pellets spreading out, instead of one precise bullet. I got a $15k Home theater as one example that I don't want shot up, lol.
I can see where you are coming from. You can saw it to within a quarter-inch of legal size and be OK. If you use something like #6 or #8 shot, the shot is less likely to travel through walls and damage things on the other side. At a time like that, I wouldn't be worried about my entertainment theatre, but my family. Also, I would recommend a pump gun. Semi-autos are too easy to fire rapidly. Meaning that you were awaken, not fully alert and shoot at something you didn't mean to. Speaking of not fully alert. Unless you are retarded, you will hit your target with the "scatter gun". I am a certified "Pistol Master" through my dept. with my Glock 22, but in the middle of the night, I'll take a shotgun ANY day of the week over my pistol. Also, the racking of the shotgun is one hell of a deterrant. You may not even have to use it. A study I saw recently said something like 87% of criminals (burglers, etc.) said that is the sound they DO NOT want to hear. Apparently that scares them more than sirens, police, etc. Just a thought.
Old 08-03-2005 | 08:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kjmdrumz3
I can see where you are coming from. You can saw it to within a quarter-inch of legal size and be OK. If you use something like #6 or #8 shot, the shot is less likely to travel through walls and damage things on the other side. At a time like that, I wouldn't be worried about my entertainment theatre, but my family. Also, I would recommend a pump gun. Semi-autos are too easy to fire rapidly. Meaning that you were awaken, not fully alert and shoot at something you didn't mean to. Speaking of not fully alert. Unless you are retarded, you will hit your target with the "scatter gun". I am a certified "Pistol Master" through my dept. with my Glock 22, but in the middle of the night, I'll take a shotgun ANY day of the week over my pistol. Also, the racking of the shotgun is one hell of a deterrant. You may not even have to use it. A study I saw recently said something like 87% of criminals (burglers, etc.) said that is the sound they DO NOT want to hear. Apparently that scares them more than sirens, police, etc. Just a thought.
Yeah I'm with you. I have a Remmington 870 express with the police barrel and revolver grips on it with the extention magaizine. If I can't get it done with that thing, then it's not happening. I tend to carry either Winchester slugs or 000 3" Magnum shells in it. It's a handle to hold on to, but it tends to get it done. Makes skeet shooting fun to although not many people on the range like that. But if you're wanting to go for smaller and more concelled. How about the over/under 410/45 Colt Derringer Pistol? You have to hold on to it with 2 hands, but in 6 feet, you can cover the entire room.
Old 08-03-2005 | 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BigKahuna327
You have to hold on to it with 2 hands, but in 6 feet, you can cover the entire room.
You guys are nuts. Again, I am not looking to spray my house with pellets. You mentioned protecting your family, well maybe it won't be the $15k home theater, but my dog, or girlfriend, or children instead that gets hit with the overspray. I'm also not looking to blow someone in half. I just want a pistol, no "Road Warrior" stuff, lol.

Quick Reply: Anyone want a Glock 26 with extra 32 round clip?