Notices
Non-Automotive Classifieds Sell almost anything here, with the exception of firearms and ammo

Best Buy Discount For Everyone!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, someone tries to help out fellow tech members and everyone just flames him for it. Good lord, even if he did work there, and COULD lose his job, it's his decision. If you don't want a discount, then why waste your time flaming him for something that doesn't even concern you???

And btw, I am in the market for a new alarm.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Well unfortunatly it does concern me and a few other members who work at best buy.

The more people they catch doing this kind of stupid stuff the worse our discount gets so therefor it does affect me. Reasons like this best buy is always up in the air about just taking the discount away all together cause people just abuse it.

Mike
Old 01-05-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phantomhp
Well unfortunatly it does concern me and a few other members who work at best buy.

The more people they catch doing this kind of stupid stuff the worse our discount gets so therefor it does affect me. Reasons like this best buy is always up in the air about just taking the discount away all together cause people just abuse it.

Mike
DITTO, please everyone, do not take advantage of this discount.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fastz
N/A- thread has been deleted
You fail your mystery shop?
Old 01-05-2006, 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

thanx to the hundreds who responded, but thats it, the discount is over with, ill probably do another one in a couple of months. the discount is officially over starting today. enjoy your products.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

lol, didn't give proper care+.

Not smart to do a discount either when there is only 1 store is santa maria and only under a handful of stores in the surrounding area.

By listing only car audio products I would take a guess that you/friend works in car audio. Hummm....Honesty Pays would be great right now. Wonder what best buy corp gives for catching discount abuse.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:25 PM
12 Second Club

thousand of possibilites....get yours with a discount!!! honesty pays, but so does a discount!!!! hahaahahh...again, thank you everyone, hope you enjoy your products!!!.... and thanks for "THE ADVICE" hmmmmm.. to bad i didnt need it. and thanks to BEST BUY CORP!!!

Last edited by 1fastz; 01-05-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phantomhp
lol, didn't give proper care+.

Not smart to do a discount either when there is only 1 store is santa maria and only under a handful of stores in the surrounding area.

By listing only car audio products I would take a guess that you/friend works in car audio. Hummm....Honesty Pays would be great right now. Wonder what best buy corp gives for catching discount abuse.
I wasn't sure if I was going to take the mystery shop or CARE+ approach myself

1fastz, what's your teachable point of view? What's servant leadership? How you do calculate NOPAT?
Old 01-06-2006, 01:59 AM
Staging Lane

lol, I don't think he gets it since he didn't really know what honesty pays was.

Wonder if he knows if his store is a buzz, jill or barry and if he understands "the transformation".

IF he sold as much product as he claims above then he should have hit double digit comps as well for that day yet nowhere was there an offer for a psp. lol
Old 01-06-2006, 02:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Phantomhp.....what do you do at BBY?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:25 AM
Staging Lane

Well I am pretty much an all around type employee. I can sell and go to any department but my assigned department is full-time computers and sometimes geek squad.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Im with the GeekSquad and I too have seen morons come and go for doing this stuff.....just some advice like PhantomHP said...., glad to see another "geek" into cars lol "customer centricity is what it's all about lol" just proving my employment
Old 01-10-2006, 10:26 PM

Some workers just roll the basket right out and not pay at all, even the door people are in on it for a percentage....

crooks...........
Old 01-14-2006, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

BADZ,

Your right, but I know two cases of what you described actually happened, but with both cases Bestbuy prosecuted and the employees are now in jail....not worth it. As for the dude giving everybody discounts.....you might get away with it for now, but keep in mind that car audio is flagged....If your manager has bought 2 or 3 head units, a couple of alarms and several sets of speakers...his *** is grass. And for the rest of you guys who work at bestbuy......BLUE CREW BUCKS IS RIGHT AROUND THE FUGGIN CORNER!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADZ
Some workers just roll the basket right out and not pay at all, even the door people are in on it for a percentage....

crooks...........
I laugh at your guy's so called security.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Restricted User

This reminds me of how much I DON'T miss my days of working in retail electronics. Ahh...the nerds from the computer department who love to think that they know more than everyone else, the guys in car audio who are just too cool for everyone, the highbrow "island" known as home theater, and let's not forget the way-to-hot-to-be-17 chick working in CDs.

When I was in retail (not Best Buy, the OTHER one) we were too worried about quelling customer theft to look into what employees were doing. Besides, us managers (even the store manager) were in on it too. I can't even tell you how many times I used my ID for shady discounts. We all did, that's just the way it was. Sounds like the reins got tightened up a bit? Or is it just the nerds who think they can run the store better than the people who do it every day?

Nothin' new to me.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

wow cant believe you got away with that. I work at bby on weekends. We are a ray store... its an ok job but has a lot of redundant bs to hear. How do you guys like it. .
Old 01-21-2006, 05:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
This reminds me of how much I DON'T miss my days of working in retail electronics. Ahh...the nerds from the computer department who love to think that they know more than everyone else, the guys in car audio who are just too cool for everyone, the highbrow "island" known as home theater, and let's not forget the way-to-hot-to-be-17 chick working in CDs.

I kinda laughed when I first read this, you hit it right on the nose with the department descriptions.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Let this die, I keep thinking this thread is for a NEW discount
Old 01-22-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

I agree. Make a thread in lounge.

Quick Reply: Best Buy Discount For Everyone!!