non-LSX Parts For Sale SBC, LT1, V6, etc.

Mallory 685 Ignition Box with 94-96 MSD Harness.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mallory 685 Ignition Box with 94-95 MSD Harness.

Got the Mallory Box off the car today. Box is in great shape and worked flawlessly when I put the car away. Located IN Kzoo Michigan

Up for sale is a Mallory 685 Box with Plug and PLay harness for 94-95 Cars. I have the original box for it. It's only been on the car for little over a year. Was going to use it with Nitrous but never got around to it. MAA-685 is the summit part number. MSD-8876 is the part number for the MSD adapter harness. This box was mounted on my Buick Roadmaster. For any F or Y-car interested buyers overall length of the power harness is 88 inches. Ignition Harness is about 34 inches...

Also included if needed is the custom mounting plate that mounts atop the PCM via two bolts. Remove the grommets in the top plastic cover and use two bolts provided for mounting. Plate is Aluminum and powdercoated Silver Vein By Bob Noble. This plate would only work for a B-body...

The power harness should easily run across the front of the condensor to the battery. Ground can easily go to bolt that has the battery ground next to the battery. That's how I had it run on my car. Ignition harness will run around the bottom corner of the box up the upper radiator hose to the Coil. Unplug the two connectors at the coil plug them into the harness then plug the single connector in at the coil. Set any appropriate settings on the box(such as rpm rev limiter) and you're all set. I have the instructions somewhere. The Buttons on the Box are hard to push, but I usually use a pencil with the eraser down to make adjustments.

If you're not using nitrous you only need the supplied harnesses. All in loom. The ignition harness has been wrapped in chrome tape to help shield them, and then covered in loom. All wires were soldered together and covered with heat shrink, except some of the wires on the ignition side that required 3 wires to be joined together. I used quality crimp on connections, and the appropriate crimp tool. Should be of No issue as if you look at the MSD harness and Mallory stuff they give you crimp ons..

I might recommend adding a fuse to the 12V+ side of the power harness, but that's up to you. I had that circuit breaker box I was going to add onto the harness near the battery, just never got around to it.

The Mallory box new is $260. The MSD harness is $30 + shipping. Plus any loom, time for me wiring up the harnesses etc. The plate holds a value of around $25-30

I would like $190 Shipped for everything. If you DO NOT want the plate, $170 for the package. I think I have the instructions in the box but no guarantees (can download off web) PM me for paypal addy. IF you're unsure about wanting the box, please don't call any dibs for it. Let someone who Wants the BOX to BUY IT>

Mounting Picture. You can see how I routed the harness to the bottom corner of the box and around it to help give it a clean install look.

Last edited by buffman; 12-28-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

PMed.........
Old 12-28-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Box sold!

Quick Reply: Mallory 685 Ignition Box with 94-96 MSD Harness.