non-LSX Parts For Sale SBC, LT1, V6, etc.

LS1 T56 Bellhousing for Gen I Small Block Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default LS1 T56 Bellhousing for Gen I Small Block Chevy

For sale here is a bellhousing a guy I know made to run his LS1 T56 behind a traditional small block chevy (or big block for that matter). He use a regular aluminum bellhousing from a SM465 with a clutch fork, then made a steel plate to mate it with his T56.

This will only work with a LS1 T56, as the plate is made to bolt to the t56 front plate. It was made so it lines up perfectly, keeping the input shaft and crankshaft on the same centerline. You use a regualr manual trans flywheel for small block, 168 tooth, 11" or so..with whatever pressure plate you want. Clutch disc for the T56 is a common spline, check your parts store.

If anyone is interested at all, I will take some pictures, just want to gauge interested in this.

He removed this bellhousing because he has now gone with a 5.3L Vortec, and went with a factory LS1 bellhousing. This bell housing was made to work with tradition small block chevy, and the input shaft journal would not reach into the crank pilot when used behind the 5.3L, thats why he went back with stock LS1 style bellhousing.

I know he put at least 20,000 miles on this bellhousing setup, not a single issue. It was in his 35 chevy with a 355 with a 6-71 supercharger, then behind a 331 stroker (305). He made multiple trips to Washington state from missouri in this truck.

thanks for looking, any questions, email or call, 417 274 1638. Would like to get about $140 shipped.

thanks

Brendan.

Quick Reply: LS1 T56 Bellhousing for Gen I Small Block Chevy