non-LSX Parts For Sale SBC, LT1, V6, etc.

shot in the dark but... Fully built b series honda engine, trade for built lsx

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That kind of power out of a b-series would be a lag monster and pointless in a street car. He had it right when he said all out race car... as in trailer it to the track, raced and then trailer it home.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No need to knock the motor its self. There are some good parts in it and if some one built it for him i am betting it did run 6-8K easy (many shops way over charge) And yes a B-Series can make that kind of power but its going to be on very high octane fuel (C16 maybe) And i would also question how many passes a B16/18/20 can handle making that kind of power before it needs a good rebuild/inspection.

But yeah man not trying to knock you but there are built LSX motors on here selling for almost half of what you are asking for a 4 banger B engine.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7
No need to knock the motor its self. There are some good parts in it and if some one built it for him i am betting it did run 6-8K easy (many shops way over charge) And yes a B-Series can make that kind of power but its going to be on very high octane fuel (C16 maybe) And i would also question how many passes a B16/18/20 can handle making that kind of power before it needs a good rebuild/inspection.

But yeah man not trying to knock you but there are built LSX motors on here selling for almost half of what you are asking for a 4 banger B engine.
Same here I'm not tryin to knock the motor but if u really spent all that money... you got ripped off bud. Again I'm not talking smack to you.. But maybe u dont know much so they try to hit you on the pricing. Good luck with the sale AND YES YOU HAVE SOME GOOD PARTS GOING THERE THE BLOCK IS WELL WORTH THE MONEY SPENT ....

IF i was you i would part it out... trust me you can get about 1000-1300 for the block alone.. the head another 600, put just does two together you can get your self an LS1 Longblock with harness even full swap if auto depending where you live. Sell manifold, Skunk2 manifold, and other stuff add up another 1k give or take 100 bucks.. and you will be on ur way of getting what u want.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wildcamaro
Thumbs down for this sale...u r missing half the cylinders...I'll offer you a hundred bucks just because I'm looking for an engine to upgrade my lawnmower...I already have the fart pipe so I figure this would be a good fit...the drivetrain is stock so I bet it could handle the motor...good luck sellin it lol...can't believe this ad hasn't been moved/deleted bc if not I have a 250cc 2 stroke dirtbike engine I'll trade for a ls3 that I should post...
Youre an idiot, think before you post. There are hondas out there that would yank whatever it is you drive. Dont talk about things when its obvious your clueless.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Old 06-10-2012, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

For that amount of money you could have a stout long block or a bullet proof bottom end with an *** ton of torque which hondas lack like crazy the only thing there good for is daily driving and thats it but to each his own...GLWS
Old 06-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

A well put together Honda can produce 700+ft.lb torque
Old 06-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

When building street cars ANYTHING can be built to outrun anything else whether it be a one cylinder or 80 cylinder. The only limit now for 4 cyls. are competing with 4000+ HP v8 cars in funny/promod classes. I have yet to see a production v8 produce 100hp per litre (which my showroom stock 2.0 4cyl produces)of engine displacement naturally aspirated and still be able to achieve 35+mpg. Right now i know of one 4cyl Honda producing 4000 HP(yes 4 thousand) it is a funny car class I believe. I think its around a 4.6 litre turbocharged engine. But I'm not exactly sure on the specifics. Before you succumb to your primal monkey brained v8>i4 idiocricy why Don't you do some actual research and not base your opinions on what you think is "cool" or talking **** to try and impress your redneck buddies.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dstappity
A well put together Honda can produce 700+ft.lb torque
At 6000 RPM's
Old 06-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Lastly, this engine I have wasn't built to be a trailer queen, it was going to be daily driven. Low boost on 93 and race fuel at the track. That's why I stuck with stock Cams and stock crank (nothing after market surpasses a factory Honda crankshaft in quality.)
Old 06-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Your the idiot because you came to a V8 website posting your honda motor FOR TRADE so stop crying. You can make a V8 produce just as much horsepower per cubic inch as your precious showroom honda but its going to rev to the moon and lack on the low end, that just the nature of volumetric efficiency.
You have to modify your v8 to produce the power my little 4 cyl. makes from the factory, is that what you're telling me? Last I checked, my engine made Max torque at 4000 rpm. And Max HP @ 7000. I know for a fact that a stock ls2 produces Max HP in the range of 5200-5700 rpms, and. Stock rev limit is around 6500 and yes, you do have gobs of torque down low but you'really maxing out at around 3500-4000, otherwise why do you need a stall converter?
Old 06-10-2012, 04:40 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

The V8 nut-swingers in here are embarrassing... GLWS! My buddy runs low 9's at over 160 with a similar setup, cant hate on that at all. I enjoy anything fast! Most of these guys talking **** would get beat by a VW.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

did anyone read the first few words in the main title of his post,,,, he wrote just a shot in the dark,, it's easy to understand by that phrase that he knows a trade probably wont happen, hes just throwin a hook out to see. and he was jumped on for that. cant blame the guy for tryin. Good luck bro, someone may wanna trade, never know if ya dont ask.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Approaching thread fail here, but if we compare HP/liter shouldn't we compare dollar per liter?

I really think you should build this into something yourself. You'd be nuttier than squirrel poop to buy any motor built by anyone other than God himself for 9 grand...much less a Honda motor on a Chevy site. Your syclone would be sick, with plenty of room to work on it, and it will be a lot lighter.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by therabidweasel
Approaching thread fail here, but if we compare HP/liter shouldn't we compare dollar per liter?

I really think you should build this into something yourself. You'd be nuttier than squirrel poop to buy any motor built by anyone other than God himself for 9 grand...much less a Honda motor on a Chevy site. Your syclone would be sick, with plenty of room to work on it, and it will be a lot lighter.
go to the nelson racing engines site and then complain about spending 9k. Lmao
Old 06-10-2012, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

My whole point on the crank is that I can search and find someone who has broke a honda crank. Lol.. Not bashing just giving you info you have no clue on.
Better just delete this thread and start over cause all you're doing is causing guys to hate on you.

Honda cranks have supported the same power levels. Search it while you're bashing. Whopdee doo, Texas speed ...lol
Old 06-10-2012, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're the one who mentioned "we can make our engines produce that kind of power" so you're only laughing at yourself. And you're right, it is the same argument as most other import builders make, that's because it is a fact. And it is a valid argument.

As far as why I am looking to trade for an lsx...I had planned to put it in my 82 s10 syclone clone project seeing as I have already purchased the parts to do so. Now that you mention it, Since i sold the honda civic i was going to put the posted engine in, maybe I could actually keep this engine and fabricate my 82 s10 to accept it......even delete the front axle and make it 2wd seeing as " I won't make enough torque to spin the tires over...( really wish I could express sarcasm in text)

So..... I have an engine here that can produce the same amount of power a big v8 can, only higher up in the rpm range. With this engine weighing a **** ton less than a v8 and in a lightweight awd pickup chassis I won't have to worry about the traction issues of having it in a fwd vehicle..Hmmm. you may have given me the inspiration to try something new. Maybe I shall keep this engine after all.

Bash away...
No I was saying that we can chase a dyno number to disprove your hp per liter argument but we don't give a **** about that stuff because we know horsepower is relative and torque is what measures the amount of power an engine makes. Sure gearing is just as important and alot of other things. But to bash a V8 and say my 1.5 liter makes 200hp lets see your V8 do that, yeah I think your still missing my point.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
No I was saying that we can chase a dyno number to disprove your hp per liter argument but we don't give a **** about that stuff because we know horsepower is relative and torque is what measures the amount of power an engine makes. Sure gearing is just as important and alot of other things. But to bash a V8 and say my 1.5 liter makes 200hp lets see your V8 do that, yeah I think your still missing my point.
No I chose to ignore you for the most part and make a half assed comeback with the hp/l comment because I don't care to argue about it. I've bashed nothing but other basher's comments. And posted only facts otherwise. You all came in here starting the bashing on my belongings, I fired back now everyone has their panties in a wad. I think V8's are great, I have 3 ls's. And not a single complaint.but one is not better than the other, each has their own pros and cons.

A full weight 4cyl with XXX amount of power that can hook it will with hang with or be faster than an XXX (SAME AS 4 CYL)hp full weight v8 car simply because of the sheer weight difference
my point being, 2 cars producing the same measurement of work
(HP/tq ), with the only difference of one being lighter than the other the lighter vehicle will win given all else is set correctly and the power gets to the ground.

Last edited by dstappity; 06-10-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tmoney223
My whole point on the crank is that I can search and find someone who has broke a honda crank. Lol.. Not bashing just giving you info you have no clue on.
Better just delete this thread and start over cause all you're doing is causing guys to hate on you.
I Googled it and the third post was about a Broken ls1 crank. I did not care to search further and prolong this rediculous banter.

Last edited by dstappity; 06-11-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

My point is not the 9 grand, my point is it is untested, unverified, and from a guy on the interweb. Even the best builds can have issues, what recourse does someone have if that is the case? Best to at least have some numbers, otherwise It's just parts. Not arguing with you or saying It's not worth it, just saying a $9k gamble for a motor sitting in some guys garage is pretty big. If you can/have address that issue it might help...my .02

Quick Reply: shot in the dark but... Fully built b series honda engine, trade for built lsx