non-LSX Parts For Sale SBC, LT1, V6, etc.

shot in the dark but... Fully built b series honda engine, trade for built lsx

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by therabidweasel
My point is not the 9 grand, my point is it is untested, unverified, and from a guy on the interweb. Even the best builds can have issues, what recourse does someone have if that is the case? Best to at least have some numbers, otherwise It's just parts. Not arguing with you or saying It's not worth it, just saying a $9k gamble for a motor sitting in some guys garage is pretty big. If you can/have address that issue it might help...my .02
The engine is Inside my house, fully sealed from the elements, if anyone had any questions I would address them without hesitation. My original post was that I had over 9k invested in the motor, that was not posted as my asking price.

If no one asks questions there is nothing to address.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by therabidweasel
My point is not the 9 grand, my point is it is untested, unverified, and from a guy on the interweb. Even the best builds can have issues, what recourse does someone have if that is the case? Best to at least have some numbers, otherwise It's just parts. Not arguing with you or saying It's not worth it, just saying a $9k gamble for a motor sitting in some guys garage is pretty big. If you can/have address that issue it might help...my .02
If everyone keeps that frame of mind Then I don't see how half the stuff on the internet gets sold, if I could I would throw it in a car and fire it up but I can't do that, its the same here as if buying any other engine from any other seller that is not in a car and running. Its a risk you take when buying online and you just have to hope the seller is an honest person and does whatever he can to help in any situation that comes up, if any. the parts make the motor, you research the parts, you get your numbers. I only put what I thought to be the best of the best in this motor to support my power goals without hiccup
And paid the machine shop who I thought was the best of the best to build it to the specifications that would allow this engine to perform as expected, reliably.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 06-11-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

So many nutswingers that cant imagine anything but gm and v8s. Hondas can be a lot of fun, i dont know why everyone on this site has such an elitist attitude. Tech gets worse and worse as time goes on..
Old 06-11-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^x2

What happens when cars get cheaper....the purchasing crowd gets younger and not smarter unfortunately and the overall ownership group as a whole gets worse.

GLWS OP. Doesn't hurt to inquire, like mentioned before.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by '02 WS6
^x2

What happens when cars get cheaper....the purchasing crowd gets younger and not smarter unfortunately and the overall ownership group as a whole gets worse.

GLWS OP. Doesn't hurt to inquire, like mentioned before.
well said. the title says shot in the dark and he gets jumped on. i have no interest in hondas unless it's a daily driver but he was straight forward in saying..."shot in the dark" and it was a humble ad, not touting how much better honda motors are vs gm.

glws op
Old 06-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, I feel I must reiterate that i did build this motor with the intentions of being a daily driver/weekend warrior, its a bulletproof bottom end ready to make some serious numbers and drive to work everyday reliably.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lot of ********* on this site... Good luck to the OP, I applaud you maintaining your composure after constant ridicule by 16 and 17 year old kids.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Teching In

On the bright side -Back at least your post is getting lots of ttt's.

Glws. I'm not a honda guy, but can appreciate any well -thought-out motor build. Seems like you did your homework in the build, which is more than can be said for a lot of people here.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Teching In

I just think your in the
but... good luck with the sale
Old 06-11-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can't believe all of the comments from young kids on here. this is an embarrassment to the site. if you don't like what is being sold here, then move along to the next for sale thread that you can't afford. i can't imagine what would happen if these guys got a hold of a ford v10, thier head would explode from thier ego. oh wait! it's junk too cause it's not a chevy. good luck with your sale op.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wildcamaro
You are right any engine can be built to beat anything...but for a Honda you have and so much more that you have to rich to build one....and at the end of the day who on here thinks a civic is better than camaro or corvette...even if your Honda is fast it is still a Honda, lame ***** ****...I'm American and live American muscle so I'm sticking to my guns by saying thumbs down on this post...although he has got plenty of views and not one about buying the motor lol...it speaks for its self bottom line...try another site

lol, what?! Another uneducated post by a teenager. When you take a Honda and and ls and do a side by side. Build doing the same thing to both motors you spend a ton more on the v8 just because you have to buy twice the pistons,twice the rods, twice the valve train components, twice the sleeves, etc. For one example, I started on pricing.g a set of rods for my ls2, really good pauter billet rods, $1700 I think, I paid $750 for the 4 in my Honda motor. Do your research before posting false Information
Old 06-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by firebirddady69
I just think your in the
but... good luck with the sale
I'm in exactly the right forum. This site has what I want to trade for.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to say, I've beeen a member here for years and I usually stay out of these threads. But I've never seen such a pile of idiots gathered in a single thread throwing word vomit all over each other. Backwoods hillbilly and racist(post#61) ignorance. If the site was like this years ago I would never have joined.

OP, you might want to PM a mod on here and see if they can throw a temp ban or at least a warning to all these slack jawed yokels who don't seem to be able to read rule #7 on this list https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...assifieds.html

And you ARE in the right place. Good luck with your sale/trade, the real ls1tech community is not like this.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're not interested in this guys engine, stay out of his thread please.

Quick Reply: shot in the dark but... Fully built b series honda engine, trade for built lsx