non-LSX Parts For Sale SBC, LT1, V6, etc.

LT1 Timing Cover, Modified, Cleaned and Sandblasted

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 Timing Cover, Modified, Cleaned and Sandblasted

I removed this timing cover from a 1994 Buick Roadmaster. the 94 B-body came with the Vented opti. It was cleaned and sandblasted.

I had thought about using it for an electric water pump setup, so I took the time to machine a piece of aluminum round stock to fit in the outer water pump drive hole, and had a guy at work weld the round stock in the outer hole. It was properly welded and there are no cracks!

It was Tig welded. I sanded the weld down so the area would be more uniform and not look out of place.

Inside of timing cover, the water pump drive hole was filled with good epoxy to ensure it would be leak free. It is sandblasted also. Only thing wrong with it is the one inner edge of the oil pan gasket lip broke off, but it was a tiny piece and should be just fine. You can see it in the picture. Nothing a little extra RTV won't take care of. I will include a brand new in the package opti seal

I would like $25 plus shipping for it. I had a decent amount of time into cleaning/blasting and machining the round stock I accept paypal and or money orders I just am not going to do an EWP soon, so I figured someone might need it. Perfect for powdercoating

Matt

Quick Reply: LT1 Timing Cover, Modified, Cleaned and Sandblasted