Lesnar
46.94%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

UFC 91: Couture or Lesnar ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the first UFC's (1,2 and 3) on VHS and all I can say is WOW! Every fight ended in blood bath and the kicks and punches to the ***** are some of the best **** I have ever seen. I can't believe how hardcore it was when it first came about. Endless knees to the face, head butts and kicks to the face while on the ground..awesome. I was waiting for Hacksaw Jim Duggen to come out with his 2x4 and start swinging for left field! Best and only VHS tape I have ever owned!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr.MartyStone
Not even close...
he was able to win the ncaa championship which is something that randy was not able to do. And Brocks college record is 106-5. So he is very close but i sure hope Randy can pull this one off.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
I have the first UFC's (1,2 and 3) on VHS and all I can say is WOW! Every fight ended in blood bath and the kicks and punches to the ***** are some of the best **** I have ever seen. I can't believe how hardcore it was when it first came about. Endless knees to the face, head butts and kicks to the face while on the ground..awesome. I was waiting for Hacksaw Jim Duggen to come out with his 2x4 and start swinging for left field! Best and only VHS tape I have ever owned!
LOL, im a little out of my surroundings but I saw the headline and wanted to put my .02 in. First of, the UFC your are referring to is long gone. When ZUFFA bought it they introduced the rules that you see now. However the first few UFC events were ******* brutal. Now onto the HW title fight on the 15th. Lesnar is a monster. damn near knocked Herring out of his skin on the first punch. Unfortunately his inexperience is going to hinder him in this fight. Couture already knows his weaknesses and wholes in his game and will pick him apart. If he tries to go in like he did against Mir, he will lose. Quickly. On the other hand, anyone has a strikers chance. And Lesnar has the strikes to put him to sleep. But I dont think Couture is going to be stupid enough to stand and take them. Next, Lesnars conditioning should not be questioned. If you look at him after the Herring fight, he looked like he could have gone another 2-3 rounds. Sorry for the story. My prediction, Couture gets the win by SUB in the 1st/2nd.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 02Ls1Formula
LOL, im a little out of my surroundings but I saw the headline and wanted to put my .02 in. First of, the UFC your are referring to is long gone. When ZUFFA bought it they introduced the rules that you see now. However the first few UFC events were ******* brutal. Now onto the HW title fight on the 15th. Lesnar is a monster. damn near knocked Herring out of his skin on the first punch. Unfortunately his inexperience is going to hinder him in this fight. Couture already knows his weaknesses and wholes in his game and will pick him apart. If he tries to go in like he did against Mir, he will lose. Quickly. On the other hand, anyone has a strikers chance. And Lesnar has the strikes to put him to sleep. But I dont think Couture is going to be stupid enough to stand and take them. Next, Lesnars conditioning should not be questioned. If you look at him after the Herring fight, he looked like he could have gone another 2-3 rounds. Sorry for the story. My prediction, Couture gets the win by SUB in the 1st/2nd.
You got it all mapped out and I know all about the history of the UFC and the transformations it's made
Old 11-03-2008, 10:48 PM
11 Second Club

You got it all mapped out and I know all about the history of the UFC and the transformations it's made
Lol yea I went a little overboard. MMA is right underneath going fast on my list. So I tend to over do it a little.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Banned

Lol yea I went a little overboard. MMA is right underneath going fast on my list. So I tend to over do it a little.
I feel ya. I look forward to every event
Old 11-04-2008, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

I feel ya. I look forward to every event
Indeed. I was pretty disappointed with the Leben/Bisping fight. He was suspended for testing positive on steriods. Sucks for him.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Banned

Indeed. I was pretty disappointed with the Leben/Bisping fight. He was suspended for testing positive on steriods. Sucks for him.
What?? This I have not hear about yet...which one tested positive? I was pissed about the fight as well. I love Leben. Met him a once out here in Gresham and that kids head is so frickin big! It's no wonder why he can take a punch!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
Big fight Nov 15th, who ya like?

I think Lesnar has potential but not enough to take the heavyweight title. Ya never know...

agree,

but I;d like to see lesner win

so,
who's getting this on PPV,
and hosting a party
Old 11-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mr.MartyStone
Yes not even close. You do realize you're talking about the guy who has 3 professional fights, and also did nothing to heath herring besides two knees and a couple of half assed punches. You guys are falling into the same hype as kimbo...
they were just talking wrestling ability. wrestler to wrestler they will be fairly even but I would give the edge to lesnar just on size and quickness. but randy has the skills to dominate the fight no question. I will enjoy watching to see what happens but randy has not fought in a long time. yes lesnar has a lot to learn but when he does watch out. if he knew what he had in the heath hearing fight he could have finished it multiple times. and lesnar is now ten times the fighter that lame d#$k kimbo will ever be he sucks.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Launching!

i have been looking for a vid of shamrock breaking his arm on that 600 lb black guys heasd in ufc 1 can you post it up?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by knappbunch
i have been looking for a vid of shamrock breaking his arm on that 600 lb black guys heasd in ufc 1 can you post it up?
Yup! Got that fight on there! There are so many random *** fights on this tape. There is one of some 170lb guy fighting a 300 plus guy...awesome. Little guy ended up throwing the smack down
Old 11-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by knappbunch
Sorry not shamrock, he had 2 fights in UFC 1, won the first by ankle lock against pat smith i think, and then lost to Royce Gracie in the second fight. And i dont think shamrock has ever broken his arm on a huge black dude.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ice97ta
Sorry not shamrock, he had 2 fights in UFC 1, won the first by ankle lock against pat smith i think, and then lost to Royce Gracie in the second fight. And i dont think shamrock has ever broken his arm on a huge black dude.
I remember someone breaking their arm in half by some big black guy on the tape..It's been a while since I watched the tape. Looks like I will have to do watch it again to find out
Old 11-05-2008, 09:59 AM
11 Second Club

What?? This I have not hear about yet...which one tested positive? I was pissed about the fight as well. I love Leben. Met him a once out here in Gresham and that kids head is so frickin big! It's no wonder why he can take a punch!
http://mmajunkie.com/news/13153/repo...suspension.mma

Its a shame. Ive always liked him since TUF.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

^^ Damn what a idiot! I guess them roids didn't help out much being his face got owned!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The crippler!! He's been on a downward fall, it makes sense that he would try and roid his way back or use it for a bail out?
Kid had huge heart but wasnt the most skilled and the sport has progressed beyond him I think.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Couture has him, Brock is a beast but experience will just overtake him. I love this whole bringing big guys in it like Lesnar and Kimbo. It brings back the heavier guys and gives us a more brawling type fight. Boxing has gone to smaller guys and UFC is bring in the heavy punchers who can give us actual knockouts. I love seeing a nice late 1st round or early 2nd round knockout instead of a dance around forever.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ice97ta
yes it was the second fight of the night and he could not coplete the copetition and they thought he would win it all. it was actaully his wrist and you could see it happen and then he switched to using his forearm to finish the fight. black guy was huge like 6'10" and weighed literaly 600 lbs. it may not have been ufc1 but i could ghave sworn it was. i thought he actually got to fight royce in ufc2
Old 11-08-2008, 08:10 AM
11 Second Club

so.....

who's ordering the PPV????

I'll bring some Beer (maybe some wings too !!!!!)