Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Your Weapon of choice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008 | 11:09 AM
Pathological Modifier

My wife even authorized a hand gun purchase last night...

Of the guns I've owned, I really enjoyed my Smith and Wesson 929 Classic .44 Magnum. It had a ported barrel and a jeweled trigger. It was amazing.

But my favorite gun, the one I wish I had never sold, was a AR-15 converted for .45 ACP. It had 2 25 round clips and a red dot sight. It flat out rocked. You could pump out the whole clip on target in seconds.

Of course I also wish I still had my Rock River National Match AR-15...
Old 11-05-2008 | 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Got it finished last night and then promptly sold it. Guns are the devil.
Old 11-05-2008 | 11:45 AM
Banned

how much did that sell for?
Old 11-05-2008 | 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

New it was 450.00. cant touch them for less than 550-600 now. It will also fall into the AWB that will be coming soon. To add insult to injury it will more than likely fall into the "destructive device" class as well.
Old 11-05-2008 | 11:50 AM
Banned

So does that mean you wont be able to buy it anymore or it will cost more?
Old 11-05-2008 | 01:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
So does that mean you wont be able to buy it anymore or it will cost more?
They will still be avail....the prices on AK's and 7.62x39 ammo has sky rocketed because of the **** in the middle east. For example a 1000 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39 about 3-4 years ago was $79. It's now over $200. I bought a SKS two years ago, it's now going for 160 bucks more then I picked it up for. About the only thing you won't find here soon are high capacity mags (30rounders etc etc)
Old 11-05-2008 | 01:22 PM
Banned

I should look into upgrading then, I have an SKS and want a hand gun and maybe a shotgun for the house. Any idea if what an SKS is worth? plain wood stock as it came from the crate.
Old 11-05-2008 | 01:26 PM
Banned

I should look into upgrading then, I have an SKS and want a hand gun and maybe a shotgun for the house. Any idea if what an SKS is worth? plain wood stock as it came from the crate.
What brand of SKS? Used? Condition?
Old 11-05-2008 | 01:34 PM
Banned

chinese # 4108, bought it in 93. Had pro'lly 100 rounds through it. Decent chape, numbers matching, not pristine but not beatup at all.
Old 11-05-2008 | 01:43 PM
Banned

chinese # 4108, bought it in 93. Had pro'lly 100 rounds through it. Decent chape, numbers matching, not pristine but not beatup at all.
Maybe a couple hundred buck or a tad more. You got any pics you can post up? I might take it off your hands if you are selling it.
Old 11-05-2008 | 02:12 PM
Banned

I can take some and post it, I need to line up a replacement though first before I sell
Boyce are you a dealer? or anyone here? I dont mind used, I'm looking for large caliber and semi auto in a handgun. Dont have a huge budget but I need a proper replacement for home security. I always liked the sks because I knew I could shoot through walls with it and dump a bunch of lead in a hurry. As well as take out anyone across the street or down the block if I had to.
I'd like a 44 semi but don't know if I can afford one.
I know a 12ga would be good house protection but I kind of want a hand cannon first.
Old 11-05-2008 | 02:17 PM
Banned

I can take some and post it, I need to line up a replacement though first before I sell
Boyce are you a dealer? or anyone here? I dont mind used, I'm looking for large caliber and semi auto in a handgun. Dont have a huge budget but I need a proper replacement for home security. I always liked the sks because I knew I could shoot through walls with it and dump a bunch of lead in a hurry. As well as take out anyone across the street or down the block if I had to.
I know a 12ga would be good house protection but I kind of want a hand cannon first.
If you are looking for something around the house def go with a 12g before a handgun. The Remington 870 express pump is hands down one of the best and decently priced. As far as a hand cannon I would def take a look at the Springfield XD .45. Great caliber and they are a good price as well. Here's a little write up on them. I have the XD 9mm and it's a great gun with great safety features esp. if you have children.
http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun...ieldxd_061206/
Old 11-05-2008 | 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

This landed in my lap at lunch time.

they had a Saiga 12 with the EXACT same stock and grip as I put on mine last night. the only difference is that mine has the Tromix muzzle brake. They wanted 799.00 for it. If you were on the fence about making a purchase, you better get on the stick.

Ammo prices on some sites is already up 105%. glad i bulk ordered last night.
Old 11-05-2008 | 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

That statement alone tells me you arent ready for a "hand cannon". You need a simple 9mm or .40. Glock is about as cheap as they come but you get good reliability. I personaly HATE glocks, but yes, I did buy one today. Why, I dont own a 9mm and I wanted to jump on one before prices went up.

You can pick up a Mossberg 590 12 gauge for under 400.00. Best home defense weapon you can own.
Old 11-05-2008 | 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
This landed in my lap at lunch time.

they had a Saiga 12 with the EXACT same stock and grip as I put on mine last night. the only difference is that mine has the Tromix muzzle brake. They wanted 799.00 for it. If you were on the fence about making a purchase, you better get on the stick.

Ammo prices on some sites is already up 105%. glad i bulk ordered last night.
Did you see whats going on with AMMOMAN?? He will not take any orders right now because he is so busy and needs to focus on shipping out the orders he has stacked up! WOW this is a first. Crazy times man I wish I could come find some live grenades
Old 11-05-2008 | 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
That statement alone tells me you arent ready for a "hand cannon". You need a simple 9mm or .40. Glock is about as cheap as they come but you get good reliability. I personaly HATE glocks, but yes, I did buy one today. Why, I dont own a 9mm and I wanted to jump on one before prices went up.

You can pick up a Mossberg 590 12 gauge for under 400.00. Best home defense weapon you can own.
Thanx for the vote of confidence..LOL
I know the shottys are cheap, but I have a thing for hand cannons. I had a .45 before and my friend had a .357 and .44 and we use to go shooting all the time. I just like them. 9mm's are accurate and nice and will do the job but I like what I like. Its a power thing, the bigger the better.
.50 would be sweet but I cant spend that kind of money on a firearm right now thats why I said use would be good.
Old 11-05-2008 | 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Shot placement is what counts. Follow up shots on target in a short amount of time, even better.

big guns are great but they are totally impractical. I have owned a DE .50 and a .454 cassul. Great guns but they arent something you want to pack around. Not only that but the .50 has a massive recoil that throws a 4ft ball of fire out the end. Kills night vision and your chance of a follow up shot in a reasonable amount of time....faggetaboutit.

I carry my H&K USP .45 tactical as my CC. It is a highly accurate and is a heavy hitter. the problem is concealing it. Its big and thick and anytime I leave the house I have to have a heavy jacket just to make sure the grip doesnt "print" if I lean over (Inside the waistband holster). Now take a the DE .50 that weighs 3 times as much and is over twice the over all size and try to go somewhere. best way to get an idea of what its like, take a 10lb weight and stick it in your back pocket and keep it there for a day. It sucks, I know I was dumb enough to try to carry the .50 a coule of times.

Home defense with a hand cannon is anything but practical. the .44 and .50 will go through a wall, the the refrigerator and get stuck in your neighbors house somewhere. Not to mention in a high stress situation where you havent been trained how to handle a fire arm in "panic mode" and I garantee you wont hit crap. 12 guage, "18 pipe, pheasant loads = big spread pattern. So rather than missing completely you could at least "wing" what you are aiming at giving you the opportunity to get family to safety and then follow up on intended target.

Movie guns arent practical guns. dont take this the wrong way, I am not busting your chops. just giving you a little something to think about.
Old 11-05-2008 | 04:00 PM
Banned

^^HK FOR WIN..OR SHOULD I SAY FOR THE KNOCK DOWN! I had a Glock 21 (.45 cal) shot a HK and sold my Glock the next day. HK USP's are the best on the market handgun wise..a little spendy on the downside but you will get a lot better quality "ACCURATE" gun.
Old 11-05-2008 | 04:12 PM
Teching In

I love my HK's I have a USP 40 cal and a USP Copmact 40 & a Llama 380 for the ankle .A mossberg pistol grip for the house...And i'm goona stop there I'm in Cali and there a lil' funny about some so called "tactical" rifles...Hmmmm i wonder if any "Agency's" monitor these threads (1984 big Bro's watching you)
Old 11-05-2008 | 04:52 PM
Banned

All good points Boyce and taken the right way. Your right I do need to be practical when it comes to personal safety and the house. Thats why I figured I could get both. I want to able to drop someone 75 yards away though, god forbid if something ever happened and I needed to fire from the house to the street. This is why I've kept the SKS for so long. Your not going to take a shot at me and get away..LOL but serioulsy I was thinking a long 44 mag would give me some distance and accuracy over the .45

It's been a while but it was a Ruger .44 and an Army issue .45.
The .45 would pinch your the top of your thumb and wasnt the most accurate at any distance...LOL

Quick Reply: Your Weapon of choice?