Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

CCC Pro Class?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not sure about the whole beginner and advanced class. i have never raced CCC but was planning on it this year, but i have won an NHRA national open, runnered up 3 times and finished top 8 at the nightfire nationals in Boise. It was a good year (first year racing). Just asking if i would be considered a beginner or not?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 67camarors
im not sure about the whole beginner and advanced class. i have never raced CCC but was planning on it this year, but i have won an NHRA national open, runnered up 3 times and finished top 8 at the nightfire nationals in Boise. It was a good year (first year racing). Just asking if i would be considered a beginner or not?
Beginner - until you win a race. If your car is 13.00 or slower then you would be in. CC1 racers would have to meet ALL the requirements.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

what if my car is faster than that? because it will be haha
Old 01-08-2009, 05:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 67camarors
what if my car is faster than that? because it will be haha
You hope!

None of this is decided yet - it was just a proposal at the last CCC meeting.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PONYEATER
You sure you want to do that?

Be careful what you ask for...
hell yeah !!!!

if you can do it with a legally tagged vehicle on DOT tires,
I wanna see it
Old 01-09-2009, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vettestir
It' ok Arron with the new class you will be racing people like Biscay or Kenny or even me so it would be just like a typical Saturday night.
Biscay & Kenny are good but I like my odds... I thought you retired from racing?

Dot tires are not hard to do when you have a second set of rims...

I am just messing with you guys I have no motivation to race CCC, I have the attention span of a gnat so I will probly be racing something completely different after this year. I am thinking about selling the camaro and buying a roadster to go s/gas racing.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:43 AM
12 Second Club

You know Arron you can never retire for the sport it's in our blood. I will be out this year running Pro bracket at Pacific and maybe a few Car Club races. I'm not sure how I'll do after taking a few years off but it should come back with seat time.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
You hope!

None of this is decided yet - it was just a proposal at the last CCC meeting.
haha yea i hope, hopefully my ls6 intake and cam will help me pick up that tenth haha, i know its not final im just wondering
Old 01-09-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vettestir
You know Arron you can never retire for the sport it's in our blood. I will be out this year running Pro bracket at Pacific and maybe a few Car Club races. I'm not sure how I'll do after taking a few years off but it should come back with seat time.
It's like riding a bike, you never forget. A pass or two and you will be set, just like you never missed a race.

I think the rules are fine the way they are. It's the easiest venue for a beginner already. Someone that can cut a nice tree, or at least a consistent tree can beat anyone of us that race in the CCC. Some of them slow cars are in reality better bracket racers than some of our cars that have potential to run much quicker. My Z06 is a terrible bracket car, very hard to run same back to back runs, but that's what makes if fun on the other hand. My Dodge was running .004 consistent runs all the time, but so boring i wanted to hang myself.

So to me, either way is fine? If it gets more racers involved, that is a giant consideration, IMO.
Robert
Old 01-10-2009, 01:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What ever is decided we need to Know soon. I am going to order for the season soon. Need to know if I am getting radials, Or QTP Drags
Old 01-10-2009, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

Just race the EQ and you will be fine.....
Old 01-10-2009, 10:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
What ever is decided we need to Know soon. I am going to order for the season soon. Need to know if I am getting radials, Or QTP Drags
My point exactly. As the rules stand now you & I & a few others (hopefully) can't race in CCC. Without sand-bagging....
Old 01-10-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
My point exactly. As the rules stand now you & I & a few others (hopefully) can't race in CCC. Without sand-bagging....
Do you mean as in to fast? If so, can't you set up your car for what times you desire? That's what is so great about nitrous, you can shut it off, or change hit size...
Robert
Old 01-10-2009, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

I support dropping the 10.00 rule but it needs to be decided by the "folks".

Next CCC Meeting is the 25th at Jitters in Bellevue 3:00. It could be voted on at the February meeting if someone makes a formal motion before the January meeting.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:37 PM
10 Second Club

Okay, I need a second for my motion...

http://www.carclubchallenge.com/bbs/...hp?p=1860#1860
Old 01-10-2009, 04:26 PM
10 Second Club

Okay, I need a second for my motion...

http://www.carclubchallenge.com/bbs/...hp?p=1860#1860
You have your 2nd (On the CCC website). I should be back for the mtg on teh 25th (unless things change here in NYC)
Old 01-10-2009, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
Do you mean as in to fast? If so, can't you set up your car for what times you desire? That's what is so great about nitrous, you can shut it off, or change hit size...
Robert
I just let the car run what it wants. This year I pulled it off the trailer about a dozen times and EVERY time it ran a 11.0x@121. So I went with it. If I raised the Launch RPM and shift points it would run 10.9s N/A. BUT It liked 11.0s. I am even creeping up on my lights again. One of the last CCCA races I sparked some speckulation about the trans-brakes all over again when I got a buy in the first round with a .001 light.

Had Nothing to do with the trans-brake boys I can foot break the car to the same lights If you need proff I will un-plug the drop switch and you can have it in your car in the other lane when I hand your *** to you

The car IS going to get faster at some point in the near future. some where between 300-600HP faster to be exact Turbo Carbs can kiss my white ***!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Robert
For sure that is one of the main advantages of nitrous Robert. And you can dial down the boost on turbos.

But a super charger is there all the time at whatever boost level the pulleys are setup for. I could change pulleys to slow it down. But what's the point of building a 9 sec car to go run 10s? Or I could take the blower off & run 11s. But again, what's the point?

If those end up as my choices I'll probably just race the wifes car in CCC and run the TA a few times at TnT or in Pro Brackets & take it to car shows.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:36 AM
11 Second Club

I support dropping the 10.00 rule but it needs to be decided by the "folks".

Next CCC Meeting is the 25th at Jitters in Bellevue 3:00. It could be voted on at the February meeting if someone makes a formal motion before the January meeting.
didn't we make this a formal motion back in november (or whenever the last meeting was)?
Old 01-15-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

For sure that is one of the main advantages of nitrous Robert. And you can dial down the boost on turbos.

But a super charger is there all the time at whatever boost level the pulleys are setup for. I could change pulleys to slow it down. But what's the point of building a 9 sec car to go run 10s? Or I could take the blower off & run 11s. But again, what's the point?

If those end up as my choices I'll probably just race the wifes car in CCC and run the TA a few times at TnT or in Pro Brackets & take it to car shows.
The way things are going, the cars are getting faster, period. So I think we should **** can the ET limits, or at least make them more progressive and in line what our cars can do in street/strip trim? I am slowing mine down just to ensure I don't break. I can prob run all season in the mid 10s, but once I start shooting for 9s then I am going to have problems, but we will see what you guys are running. There is def a whole batch of cars just aching for the nines, and all of them run in the CCC, so we should update the rules as has been suggested by Don and Krautburner?
Robert

Quick Reply: CCC Pro Class?