Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

CCC Pro Class?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 04:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCC Pro Class?

I'd like to find out how many people would be interested in running in a "Pro Class" for Car Club?

The new class would be for the "faster cars" and the very "experienced drivers". Exactly what that means would need to be defined, but one could envision something like 11.49 & faster, previous year Indiv winners, etc. All NHRA (& CCC?) rules would still apply.

I would like to see racers still earn CCC points, but I'm not sure if we'd compete for the regular trophies (for fairness). So maybe it would be just bragging rights, or maybe we could get another trophy just for this class?

And of course all of this would need to be brought up & agreed upon by the officers at a CCC meeting, but at the moment it seems to be dying for lack of interest. Which is fine if it's just me that wants this....
Old 01-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me....
Old 01-05-2009, 09:18 PM
12 Second Club

You know I'm in for Pro but not sure how many races I'll be at.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

why don't you guys buy a practice tree and let the racing sort it out? To be the man you have to beat the man, not make it so the man can't play. I could care less about running CCC becuase it does not fit in my racing plans. I think in making a Pro CCC class you are trying to taylor the rules to make someone with no dedication and dumb luck be able to win. Cut a light and run your number or go home..... stop whining becuase people win becuase you are not man enough to stop them! this is not aimed at any one person, just in general of the proposal.

This should spark some discussion. Can you tell it is winter and I am bored!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

How about a different approach?

One of the reasons that we talked about a Pro Class was to help attract new racers - many of which were intimidated by the serious racers and "race cars". If we created a small Pro class then we are addressing a small number of racers that may not want a small class. I would rather race in a large field and have more rounds available.

What if we created a class for beginners instead? Maybe call it Car Club 1.

You could race in Car Club 1 if...
  1. You had not raced in CCC in the previous year at any track.
  2. You had not won a race in CC1 or CC2.
  3. Your car was 13.00 or slower.
If you did not meet all three of these new requirements then you would have to race in Car Club 2 with everyone else. All of these are easy for us to verify and enforce. It would attract newbies and increase our car counts. If a ringer came in, #2 would take care of that quickly. If a fast car with sticky tires came in, then #3 would push them into CC2. Hopefully it would make it easier for newbies to go rounds and have some fun.

We could also drop the 9.99 rule for CC2 as well.

Thoughts?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

^^^Not to shabby of an idea...

Could I start in CC1? I have only raced twice in CCC. And I ain't that quick on the light yet. So I need all the help I can get.... lol
Old 01-05-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Promoting driver development and introducing more people to the sport is important to me.

How about at some point during the event, CC1 and CC2 meet, perhaps in the final race? More experienced drivers will most likely always win, but crazier things have happened.

Maybe that's pushing a less experienced driver in front of a bus, but instead of being 'lazy' you're on the spot to run your number or go home. Not a refined solution, but adding to the discussion hopefully that'll aid in driver development in both classes.

I think in some cases having people run CC1 being coy about their experience could result in being similar to a 400lb man fighting a bunch of kindergarteners with a baseball bat.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

I think this is hilarious, why don't you guys give out tropies for participation. Kinda like they did in Pee Wee football, eventually if you want to win you have to hone your skills. You want to have a serious race series but nobody wants to put the time and effort into getting better they just want to eliminate the competition. IF you really want to get rid of those guys get rid of the gold card for winning the series! A lot of the guys who run it only run it becuase it is a off day for normal brackets and they have a shot at free entry. Just a thought....
Old 01-06-2009, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

I think I agree with pretty much what everyone has said so far.

I want this new class because I would prefer to race with my CCC buds, & I'm really not serious enough to race Pro, so why spend the extra cash....
Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PONYEATER
I think this is hilarious, why don't you guys give out tropies for participation. Kinda like they did in Pee Wee football, eventually if you want to win you have to hone your skills. You want to have a serious race series but nobody wants to put the time and effort into getting better they just want to eliminate the competition. IF you really want to get rid of those guys get rid of the gold card for winning the series! A lot of the guys who run it only run it becuase it is a off day for normal brackets and they have a shot at free entry. Just a thought....
The Gold Card is only good for CCC events the following year.

The idea behind the CCC is to provide a race venue for entry level and/or the less dedicated racers to compete. In other words, CCC is for those of us who don't want to come to bracket races each week and/or who don't take bracket racing very seriously. Many CCC racers are like me: I would race TnT only, if I were not involved in CCC. However, some of us have become fast enough to discourage entry level racers from the CCC competition and that is hurting membership. So with the new class we are trying to keep the racers we have, while being attractive to entry level racers.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by esoteric
The Gold Card is only good for CCC events the following year.

The idea behind the CCC is to provide a race venue for entry level and/or the less dedicated racers to compete. In other words, CCC is for those of us who don't want to come to bracket races each week and/or who don't take bracket racing very seriously. Many CCC racers are like me: I would race TnT only, if I were not involved in CCC. However, some of us have become fast enough to discourage entry level racers from the CCC competition and that is hurting membership. So with the new class we are trying to keep the racers we have, while being attractive to entry level racers.
Well said!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 PM
10 Second Club

HEY!

I remember when you were still a grunt and your red junk ran 14s in CCC!

Old 01-06-2009, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
HEY!

I remember when you were still a grunt and your red junk ran 14s in CCC!

Yeah and your point???
Old 01-07-2009, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah and your point???
He is catching up?
Old 01-07-2009, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

That is right he is old, give him a couple more hours....
Old 01-08-2009, 07:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I'd like to find out how many people would be interested in running in a "Pro Class" for Car Club? ....
I'd rather see a "Novice", "Rookie", "Slow", "Beginner" class ect...

something to give the new guys a better chance
let them run some races without being concerned with getting eliminated by one of the (near) pro drivers
Old 01-08-2009, 08:01 AM
11 Second Club

like this:

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
How about a different approach?

One of the reasons that we talked about a Pro Class was to help attract new racers - many of which were intimidated by the serious racers and "race cars". If we created a small Pro class then we are addressing a small number of racers that may not want a small class. I would rather race in a large field and have more rounds available.

What if we created a class for beginners instead? Maybe call it Car Club 1.

You could race in Car Club 1 if...
  1. You had not raced in CCC in the previous year at any track.
  2. You had not won a race in CC1 or CC2.
  3. Your car was 13.00 or slower.
If you did not meet all three of these new requirements then you would have to race in Car Club 2 with everyone else. All of these are easy for us to verify and enforce. It would attract newbies and increase our car counts. If a ringer came in, #2 would take care of that quickly. If a fast car with sticky tires came in, then #3 would push them into CC2. Hopefully it would make it easier for newbies to go rounds and have some fun.

We could also drop the 9.99 rule for CC2 as well.

Thoughts?

I'd say ditch Rule #1 "[*]You had not raced in CCC in the previous year at any track."
once someone win's once, they have to step up.

also,
what about people that show up (never raced before) with 11-12 sec cars?
they are still beginners....

also, anyone can be in CCC2, nomatter how they've done before

I think we should ditch the 9.99 rule (as long as the car is still "Streetable" (DOT tires/tags)
Old 01-08-2009, 08:23 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah and your point???
My point is Dull.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KrautBurner

I think we should ditch the 9.99 rule (as long as the car is still "Streetable" (DOT tires/tags)

You sure you want to do that?

Be careful what you ask for...
Old 01-08-2009, 11:10 AM
12 Second Club

It' ok Arron with the new class you will be racing people like Biscay or Kenny or even me so it would be just like a typical Saturday night.

Quick Reply: CCC Pro Class?