Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

NHRA Question-What happened to J.R. Todd?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default NHRA Question-What happened to J.R. Todd?

It looked like everything was sweet between Todd and Ritchie Rich up to the Lake Placid Charity Event? Just a guess. I think he stepped on his tongue and pissed of Forest. NHRA and National Dragster are saying nothing so that shows you the power Lucas Oil has over them.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah they aren't saying much. He is a talented driver. Hopefully he finds another ride, but alot of top drivers are out at the moment. (Hot Rod Fuller, Hilliary Will (dating each other), Melanie Troxel, Tommy Johnson Jr. and I didn't see Grubnic listed in qualifying at Pomona. The economy seems to be hitting them just as much as everyone else.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

Todd had the ride up until Lake Placid. Lucas had to rush Langdon through the licensing process.
The other drivers you mentioned are victims of this economy.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Kalitta racing parked alot of their cars, Dave Connelly in PS is sitting out too. Problem is you might have a seat but if someone shows up with sponsor dollars good chance your out they're in.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:14 AM
10 Second Club

Hell, even Gary Scelsi (sp?) is watching the races this year. They said he retired but in light of everything else you gotta wonder.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Hell, even Gary Scelsi (sp?) is watching the races this year. They said he retired but in light of everything else you gotta wonder.
I think he'll come back but I doubt if he'll settle for just driving and getting a pay check. Gary knows how to do promotion I wouldn't be surprised to see him with help from John Force Racing in Top Fuel.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

I visited another NHRA related board and they are wondering about Todd also. Looks like Bob Vandergriff is going to field his car featuring a different unemployed top fuel star at each of four events. The idea is to see who clicks with potential sponsors. Todd is scheduled for the Houston race at this time. It was pointed out that his old car carries no new sponsorship, so the idea that Langdon brought money is wrong.
I hope Gary comes back. The Selzi sez segments where great also.

Quick Reply: NHRA Question-What happened to J.R. Todd?