Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Portland Transmission Car Show!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry I couldn't make it. I had to work today to meet a project deadline.

Mike
Old 05-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't feel bad man I think the only one that made it was Poncho. I ran around out in the sun with Bella and played Barbies with her

How's the ride coming along?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Don't feel bad man I think the only one that made it was Poncho. I ran around out in the sun with Bella and played Barbies with her

How's the ride coming along?
I'm having some serious clutch/hydraulics issues. It's pissing me off. I can drive the car just like normal until I get on it real hard, then the clutch pedal gets super hard to push in and won't disengage the damn clutch. I'm researching some causes on it now. I just bled the hydraulics for the umpteeenth time today. I'm thinking bad clutch master cylinder at this point.... This is really the only thing holding me back from dyno time/track time

Barbies lol..... Thanks for the laugh.

Mike
Old 05-09-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was there, a few nice older cars, not a lot of ls stuff. I was hoping to see a maggie on a ls.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
I'm having some serious clutch/hydraulics issues. It's pissing me off. I can drive the car just like normal until I get on it real hard, then the clutch pedal gets super hard to push in and won't disengage the damn clutch. I'm researching some causes on it now. I just bled the hydraulics for the umpteeenth time today. I'm thinking bad clutch master cylinder at this point.... This is really the only thing holding me back from dyno time/track time

Barbies lol..... Thanks for the laugh.

Mike
That sucks man. I remember you telling me you thought you didn't bled it good enough. I will work itself out!

Glad I could make you laugh. Her Barbie pink Corvette goes faster then my ride at the time...sad huh!
Old 05-10-2009, 03:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried catching up next to the guy in the black T/A I was running open cutouts the whole time and rolled through the croud for a bit with the cutouts dumped. I had people looking at me all over the place. Hey Mike right after i put the engine in my car the bar that goes from the clutch pedal to hydraulic's bent and broke. you might want to check that out
Old 05-10-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Was it this guy with the black trans am?? If so, his name is Joe and will be out this year!!
Old 05-10-2009, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by zlicious94
Was it this guy with the black trans am?? If so, his name is Joe and will be out this year!!
That looks like the black TA I saw parked. Had the T tops off and windows up. Must have passenger side window motor problems. You could see the tell tale finger prints from pulling the top of the window up.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya I tried catching up to him but there was to much traffic but I pulled up next to him and he said my car was loud as ****. what does he have done?
Old 05-10-2009, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
That sucks man. I remember you telling me you thought you didn't bled it good enough. I will work itself out!

Glad I could make you laugh. Her Barbie pink Corvette goes faster then my ride at the time...sad huh!
Ya man, I'll get it figured out. I might just say screw it and buy a brand new clutch/PP/flywheel and adjustable Tick master cylinder. Looking at the Monster Stage III. Summer is coming up fast and I don't want to be on jackstands for a 6th year in a row.

LOL,,,, Barbie Vette, that's what Cody and Angii call all the C4's lol.....

Brandon, I checked the master, and it looks good from the outside. I think it might be the internals that are shot. ?

Mike
Old 05-10-2009, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ghardester
That looks like the black TA I saw parked. Had the T tops off and windows up. Must have passenger side window motor problems. You could see the tell tale finger prints from pulling the top of the window up.
LOL I just had to replace both my p/w motors. FWIW, Autozone here in Vancouver has the motors for 52.99 each (without regulator). They even come with a lifetime warranty. I'm sure I'll be using that warranty for a LONG time haha...

Mike
Old 05-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
Ya I tried catching up to him but there was to much traffic but I pulled up next to him and he said my car was loud as ****. what does he have done?
Besides it sitting on the ground I think all he had done was a exhaust set up if I remember correctly. Phil would know for sure.

Quick Reply: Portland Transmission Car Show!