Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Tech
Who got in??
C'moi
Old 04-03-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

according to the gal at Pacific I am #541 out of 464 dont understand that one but she said I was in & I will be getting my packet in the next couple months. Now just have to get the car & engine in the same bay of the garage.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:47 AM
9 Second Club

My wife & I are in!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats cool you guys. Kinda wasted on somebody that won't even have a car ready though...

Good Luck!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ryan K
Thats cool you guys. Kinda wasted on somebody that won't even have a car ready though...

Good Luck!
Ryan, I never said my car will not be ready, I just said it isnt ready as of yet, we have 4 months.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Regular

In...
Old 04-04-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Woodburn has it scheduled this year also. Did they drop the regular Pinks show? I am only hearing about All Out dates.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BadgeZ28
Woodburn has it scheduled this year also. Did they drop the regular Pinks show? I am only hearing about All Out dates.
whats going on at woodburn is Arm drop live, its Pinks with out the Cameras.
I think they did because several peope got mad & alot people like the Pinks all out better.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ellis made it through along with Doug and a few other people over on www.lsxanation.com

I think when you get your paperwork from them in a month or so, you have to fill out what car your driving, what engine it has, what times it runs etc... etc.. Then they try to pick equal cars to run together and get them in groups of 50 or so and run them. They then pick the cars from those groups to have them run on TV. You don't actually have 4 months. You better get your car together Tammy!

As for your high number, they actually had over 1400 applicants. After weeding through them and disqualifying people for not having the money on hand, you got lucky Tammy and made it through. Then after getting the paperwork stuff and weeding through the people that don't have their cars ready the numbers go down more. I heard also that once you sign up you can't change cars, you have to run the one you signed up with.

Interesting stuff for sure, but it sure is hard finding the rules on line.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Ellis made it through along with Doug and a few other people over on www.lsxanation.com

I think when you get your paperwork from them in a month or so, you have to fill out what car your driving, what engine it has, what times it runs etc... etc.. Then they try to pick equal cars to run together and get them in groups of 50 or so and run them. They then pick the cars from those groups to have them run on TV. You don't actually have 4 months. You better get your car together Tammy!

As for your high number, they actually had over 1400 applicants. After weeding through them and disqualifying people for not having the money on hand, you got lucky Tammy and made it through. Then after getting the paperwork stuff and weeding through the people that don't have their cars ready the numbers go down more. I heard also that once you sign up you can't change cars, you have to run the one you signed up with.

Interesting stuff for sure, but it sure is hard finding the rules on line.
Hey kewl I look forward competing with the guys.
WIth any hope the car will be running by the end of the month, or even by the first pacific date (dont know if I will bring it that day or not).

when I say ALL the engine needs is pre lubing & valves set thats all that needs to happen before we set the engine in the car.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:04 AM
9 Second Club

I attended pinks all out last year at denver. All they check/register is the driver. You have to show ID & you're ticket. They don't care what car you show up with but you do go through tech before racing & you're car is given a #.

Racing is wild, we were running through rich's arm drops at a crazy pace. We were leaving before the cars in front of us were off the track, no bs. I was really watching ahead of me lol. We had 500 cars racing that weekend. We were not paired up in any way at all just get in line & go.

One of us made it to the final 8, I got to meet the crew. It was so much fun.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

I've been watching that site for months, but I lost motivation for a bit, and it ran by me. I wanted to run the Mustang, it's in the popular mid-10 second bracket time wise, really pissed off that I didn't get in. Oh well.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:25 AM
9 Second Club

My wife just reminded me, we were called up to staging by groups 1 - 100 etc. Our #'s were written on our car by when we went through the gate.

We arrived at the gate 8 hrs early & were like #380!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by code4
My wife just reminded me, we were called up to staging by groups 1 - 100 etc. Our #'s were written on our car by when we went through the gate.

We arrived at the gate 8 hrs early & were like #380!

Describe more of your experience. I'm sure others are curious too. How many passes were made on Friday and on Saturday? What time on Friday were the gates opened?
Old 04-06-2009, 05:45 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by esoteric
Describe more of your experience. I'm sure others are curious too. How many passes were made on Friday and on Saturday? What time on Friday were the gates opened?
2 passes fri 2 passes sat that's it! with 500 cars it is BUSY & that was with very minimal spills etc. I saw tri 5 loose it's rear window, that took a while to clean up.

Basically the gates opened on thur. but I don't remember the time. We drove all night & went straight to the gate. It was already a party, a sea of race cars, trailers etc. They had staff lining us up in rows. I have some pics of that somewhere, anyway it took a long time to get in. Once we did we left our junk there over night & went to a motel.

Next day I saw very little of the pinks staff, it was mostly bandimere running the show as usual but with a butt load of cars. Some of the best street cars I have ever seen, great food, and awsome vendors. My wife & I rode around on an atv just meeting people & checking out cars. They would call groups of #'s cars 50 - 100 etc. for tech. That took forever, I even drove my car around the area. They had a car wash that I used LOL.

We finally started to race fri by the same method groups of 50 or so. Bandimere was really cool in that the staging lanes were huge and angled. You could watch all the racing from staging because you are up so high plus you can just put it in N and coast all the way in. It took all day to make 2 runs after tech.

Sat: You meet with rich christensen at a drivers meeting, you've prob seen it on tv, he kind does a pep talk. Then we were called in the same way but it was wild, he was launching us before the cars ahead were off the track. He was watching them, but as soon as they passed the board he was staging the next cars.

We got 2 runs in pretty quick, then some exhibition stuff like motorcycles & some quick 8 stuff. Then we heard them calling out the #'s for a 32 car field (not 16 as usual). I couldn't believe my buddies # was called, holy cow!

It was 16 at a 12.0 class & 16 at 12.1 class. I got to crew for him, they only allowed 4 crew members, no exceptions.

From there it was a blur, people having us sign papers, putting cameras in the car. Other racers trying to figure out what you ran earlier etc. We raced a girl the first run, easy kill. The left lane where we were was the 12.0 guys. The right lane was the 12.1 class, so they could tree you etc but they had run slower.

I can't remember the 2nd race, but it was a money run & we won. We got to stand in the circle & do the meet & greet. We got beat in the final 8 by the orange prostreet vega wagon. We had to montana hillbilly vega wagon with the 871.

I saw some of the nicest cars I have ever seen in person yet here we were. There was a kid with us that had a beat to hell primer gray rice mobile. He was picked, something happened & they kicked him out though. I don't know why but he threw a water bottle our way. So the show is not rigged, you never know what they will do.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Teching In

i got in!!!

well.. it said that I successfully registered on the pacific website but i haven't got a phone call yet.. has anyone else?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by oldschoolnewschool
i got in!!!

well.. it said that I successfully registered on the pacific website but i haven't got a phone call yet.. has anyone else?
Yes, got a second call the same day verifying my address and promising a packet.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the description, Code 4; it was informative. I am surprised at the 4 passes. The show implies only two. The Pinks staff must keep track of all the passes to guard against sandbagging. I see the staff has pictures of the contestants, too. I assume that will be spelled-out in the packet.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oldschoolnewschool
i got in!!!

If you havent gotten a phone call yet dont plan on it. I got in