Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

sonic to Couve lake 4/5/09

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh I hear ya! But hey, a lawn chair and a six pack out there would be comfortable lol!
Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zlicious94
OK who is down to do it again this sunday? Sonic to couv lake part 2!!!!! Who is in? Im down for some lake drag racin got to get back at sssteven lol!!
heh...have ya been practicing ur launch?

I'm down to roll, i'm not too sure about racing tho...i'm still stock! I haven't even put my headers or cam in yet...i wish my registration papers got here already damn it.

If I roll I might take my girl's C32 Benz and line it up wid ya!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q61s45vH1jQ check this out
Old 04-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
NAH CHECK DIS OUT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI5OQKWJEp4

Makes me kinda worry about safety out there, gotta be aware at all times.

BUT there's a comment on there sayin-
mspolar they wont write out tickets because I have been down there numerous times when the cops show up but they dont becaue its past city limits. There is a sign right past the park that says "leaving city limits" but its all shot up with bullet holes.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Banned

Hey too all those interested, this coming Tuesday myself, Phil and Tylerls1 are meeting up in the afternoon to do a little cruise and grab some lunch if anyone can make it.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SsSteven
NAH CHECK DIS OUT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI5OQKWJEp4

Makes me kinda worry about safety out there, gotta be aware at all times.

BUT there's a comment on there sayin-
mspolar they wont write out tickets because I have been down there numerous times when the cops show up but they dont becaue its past city limits. There is a sign right past the park that says "leaving city limits" but its all shot up with bullet holes.
Dam that cat got f^cked up! Ya thats always the risk you take but I feel safe with a body around me and a v8 in front of me! People been dying there since the 80's I guess. Oh I liked the 2pac at the end!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Banned

Did you read all the comments Phil? Looks as if the cops are handing out tickets a lot there. Someone said there's a house nearby that calls the cops often. Kind of a sketchy place to go imo.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:38 AM
TECH Regular

After the many accidents and a few deaths these past 2 years they are handing out tickets there. So do beware.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Banned

Is it one of those things where they hand out tickets only if you are racing or for just being there period? It's kinda fun to just go watch rather then race. Last time I went there and ran my car went home with about 30 new rock chips.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Like ssteven said it is out of city limits so the pigs cant do ****. I am a safe person and if we hav Ish out there our saftey coordinator lol, then were all good!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

Phil - it is attitude like that, that pisses the cops off and make them be asshats to everyone. Just because it is out of jurisdiction, doesn't mean they can't ticket you if they witness it, or just hold you there until county shows up and tickets you. Plus the only way out of there is back into city limits. They wait for you to enter city limits and then pull you over and ticket you for whatever (seat belt, front plate, excessive show of power, etc.)

Elliot is also right with the rock chips and also the rock used in the pavement is very sharp and chews tires up really bad.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Banned

Lol that's true you gotta head back into city limits when you leave there. Now days to meet their quota that probably wouldn't be a bad spot to make it at
Old 04-15-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Serious? You guys are worried about things like that lol!! The cops got alot more going on these days then some street racers. My buddy at the gym is a cop and trust me that is the last thing on their mind! But I know what your sayin Cody, Im just not one of those f#$kin idiots back there. Its just a nice place to test your car out. Better there then on the main roads is what the cops at the gym say
Old 04-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Banned

^^Very true about there then on the main roads. I'm not worried about being pulled by the police...it's more of a safety thing and not wanting the ride to get dinged up if anything.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im hyper for tuesday thats all I know
Old 04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zlicious94
Im hyper for tuesday thats all I know
Yeah I second that bro!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

I'm not jumping on you Phil. But the cops don't always have better things to do, trust me. Ask Mikey what happened the other day to him. He got pulled over in his daily driver VW in a terrential down pour just because he didn't have a front plate on the car. It was obvious that particular officer had nothing better to do. And yes it is better there than on the main roads, but I worry about the other idiots there that have no concern for safety. That is how and when accidents happen.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
I'm not jumping on you Phil. But the cops don't always have better things to do, trust me. Ask Mikey what happened the other day to him. He got pulled over in his daily driver VW in a terrential down pour just because he didn't have a front plate on the car. It was obvious that particular officer had nothing better to do. And yes it is better there than on the main roads, but I worry about the other idiots there that have no concern for safety. That is how and when accidents happen.
Ya I do agree with that. Like when we were there, there was idiots parked after the line. and those streetbikes or any unkowing family of five in there crv going for a sunday cruise, you cant tell when they are coming at you until it's to late. It's a risk some will take an others wont it's you're choice.

Oh and for the rock chips Elliott, Maybe you should have been in front J/K
Old 04-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
Ya I do agree with that. Like when we were there, there was idiots parked after the line. and those streetbikes or any unkowing family of five in there crv going for a sunday cruise, you cant tell when they are coming at you until it's to late. It's a risk some will take an others wont it's you're choice.

Oh and for the rock chips Elliott, Maybe you should have been in front J/K
Old 04-16-2009, 10:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ah so thats where I got my rock chips from