Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

looking for help in Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I finally found you guys! Im sure some of you are on AKMS, im Elusive on there. Doing a turbo build on my 2000 ws6.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:03 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought I'd bump this up...I tore up my right shoulder and just had surgery on Wednesday. So I did the only logical thing I could do...sold my snowmachine (since I can't ride this year anyhow), and now I'm in the market for a supercharger for my winter project! Hope to pick up either a P1/D1SC Procharger or a Vortech piece here within the next couple weeks. Should help wake things up a bit, and keep me from going insane with boredom this winter.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:36 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Q-
Thought I'd bump this up...I tore up my right shoulder and just had surgery on Wednesday. So I did the only logical thing I could do...sold my snowmachine (since I can't ride this year anyhow), and now I'm in the market for a supercharger for my winter project! Hope to pick up either a P1/D1SC Procharger or a Vortech piece here within the next couple weeks. Should help wake things up a bit, and keep me from going insane with boredom this winter.
Man, you've been having a tough winter. Your truck and now shoulder. I'd go with the D1, if you go with a procharger. It gives you the ability to turn up the boost later if you want. I was going to go that route on mine and was about to give Bob at Exotic Performance Plus cash at sema a couple of years ago but I had some more important things come up. New engine for my truck.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:25 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Got a deal in place on a D1SC yesterday. Still have to pick up some of the various parts for the kit (injectors, fuel pump, etc), but it's pretty much ready to start bolting on. Now I just have to find someone to help me tune it...hopefully some of you guys are ready for a project.

Last edited by -Q-; 12-14-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:29 PM
9 Second Club

Nice. You should see if Bob has those as a kit. As far as tuning. Between ak95ta and I we can get you tuned. I'm out of vins for my efilive. Those are $100. So that's all we'll need there. Just make sure you get a wideband. If Richard has any left, I'm sure he'd make you a good deal. I have mine hidden in my car now. Just clean and unsuspecting.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

I just bought one from Richard last month, 230$ with gauge for a Dynojet WB2. He still had a handful left
Old 12-15-2009, 09:56 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Sweet. I may go ahead and buy a WB with a guage then. I have a boost guage and a single guage pod for it now, but I could get a double pod and put them both in there.

Frozen, I'd be happy to buy as many credits as you need to do the car on EFIlive. I debated buying HPtuners myself and learning how, but I'd rather not start the learning curve with a FI car. I'll get with you in the spring to get a good time to do it. I should have it together by then no problem. Going to suck having the kit sitting in the garage here for a month or two before I'll be well enough to install it, but hey, it's a long winter. I've got plenty of time.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:00 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Any of you guys have parts laying around in the garage? I need injectors, fuel pump, fan, etc to finish this build. Like to get a ZO6 or blower specific cam as well. Anyways, if you guys have stuff you're looking to get rid of, let me know. I'm going to have my MTI clear lid up for sale soon, if anyone is interested.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'll have a few things for you vette I will be seeling shortly after i get back if your interested . . . . .

as far as tuning there are a few guys that are decent at it. If you are going to do it yourself i would recomend HPTuners, the support for it is 10 times larger than EFILive. We should be back in late feb if you need any additional help tuning, although we will be super busy there is always time for lsx buddies!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:12 PM
9 Second Club

Time to start thinking about summer. XLR8N is already talking about a lsx/ltx meet. Cruise, photos, around juneish. Who's up for it. I'll get an email out to everyone once we get a date locked in. Any ideas are welcome. Right now it looks like we may head down portage way.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:34 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

I am all in for that. And I'm definitely thinking about summer...got my D1SC, fans/shroud in the mail already and have my fuel pump, hotwire kit, injectors, and wideband/gauge on the way. Boost and fuel pressure gauge and a dual pillar pod and I'm set to start putting things on. Now its time to start saving for a clutch...
Old 12-29-2009, 02:20 AM
11 Second Club

Wow sounds like you are making some progress too. If you need some help with tuning, Kyle(XtremeDime) and I are going to be doing some FI tuning with HP tuners. Im sure Brody(XLR8N) will be helping too.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:26 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

That would be awesome. Hopefully I'll be digging in here in the next 2-3 weeks...as soon as my shoulder is healed up enough to start. You guys think I need to get a base tune from somebody like Frost to get me started?
Old 12-29-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nah, if you can wait til feb (which the roads arent even good enough to drive on yet) we can do it for you
Old 12-29-2009, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Q-
That would be awesome. Hopefully I'll be digging in here in the next 2-3 weeks...as soon as my shoulder is healed up enough to start. You guys think I need to get a base tune from somebody like Frost to get me started?
Im sure Frost does some of the best tuning out there, but there is enough experience here to get you a really good base tune, or even an advance tune for that matter. Id just save the money you would pay Frost, and use that toward buying your own HP Tuners interface, or a license to use one of ours.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:57 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Awesome. I will wait then and put the money towards licenses or credits or whatever you guys need to make it happen. I just downloaded and read through the entire 50 page Procharger manual, and it seems pretty straightforward. I need to go through all my parts I got from the seller (who seemed a tad shady) with the manual and make sure I'm not missing any of the little stuff...
Old 12-29-2009, 10:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Q-

Frozen, I'd be happy to buy as many credits as you need to do the car on EFIlive. I debated buying HPtuners myself and learning how, but I'd rather not start the learning curve with a FI car. I'll get with you in the spring to get a good time to do it. I should have it together by then no problem. Going to suck having the kit sitting in the garage here for a month or two before I'll be well enough to install it, but hey, it's a long winter. I've got plenty of time.
I didn't even see this part. Lol. Yeah no problem. Just let me know. I'm going to get a couple of more licenses before summer anyway just to have ready if or when I need them. I still learn something everytime I do it. I've got every book on tuning so if you ever want to barrow them let me know. They came out with a dvd I'm going to get soon also. I've spent alot of long nights (until 2am) on the dyno helping tune a car before. Tuning and tired. Not a good mix. I have to finish building a 70 chevelle before April. Then maybe if I get time I might try tuning my car for my new small change. But My car isn't a priority since I just like to drive it now that it's running on all 8 cylinders again. The miss it has had the whole time I've owned it is gone. I'm going to be ordering some new tires pretty soon, as long as my wisdom teeth don't cost too much.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:03 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Alright guys, not sure if I screwed up here or not. I bought a set of Delphi 50lb injectors used off a forum member here before I really knew what I wanted for this D1SC build. Now I'm hearing that they are hard to tune, and that I really shouldn't use them at all. What do you guys think? Would you guys be able to tune these, or should I try to sell them and buy some 60lb'ers? I have them up for sale now, but obviously I'd rather keep them and use them if they'll be tuneable.

What do you think?
Old 01-08-2010, 09:30 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Q-
Alright guys, not sure if I screwed up here or not. I bought a set of Delphi 50lb injectors used off a forum member here before I really knew what I wanted for this D1SC build. Now I'm hearing that they are hard to tune, and that I really shouldn't use them at all. What do you guys think? Would you guys be able to tune these, or should I try to sell them and buy some 60lb'ers? I have them up for sale now, but obviously I'd rather keep them and use them if they'll be tuneable.

What do you think?
I havn't tried to tune 50's before. I can't remember off the top of my head what we put into the turbo camaro. You should ask AK95TA. He's tried more injectors on his car then anyone I know. I think he'll have the best idea if they should work. Since he's been there tried that, experiance. The main thing I looked at is if the duty cycle is close to being maxed out or not.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:54 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Duty cycle is not going to be a problem, according to the resident experts (Bob from EPP and Lonnie from Lonnie's Performance). I'm more concerned about the fact that they seem to be regarded as difficult to get right. I'm going to see if I can sell them for a decent price, and if not, I'll try and rock them.

Anybody need a set of injectors? Or an MTI clear lid, or a single pillar pod, or a "Bowtie" boost gauge? Got all this stuff for sale now, so if anyone up here is interested, I'll cut a bunch off the price.

Quick Reply: looking for help in Alaska