Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

looking for help in Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the true street rules been finalized? If so where can I read them, ARPs website seems slightly useless for rules. Anybody plan on racing this season?
Old 04-16-2010, 08:16 AM
9 Second Club

Ok. Here are the official rules.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two classes based on tire type, and the purse seed money is sponsored by Denali Concrete and Jay Childs. There is also an incentive to become the True King - one who can be the fastest car and the bracket winner. An honor that will get you a fancy title and some extra cash sponsored by Alaska Safety and Interior Graphics & Printing.

Entry fee: $50, car and driver only.

Classes: There will be two classes based on tire type, Bias Ply or Radial

Prizes: Pro Street winner 40 % of entries, Street Bracket winner 40% of entries, Street Bracket runner-up 20% of entries. The purse for the BIAS PLY class will start with $500 courtesy of Denali Concrete. The purse for the RADIAL TIRE class will start with $500 courtesy of Jay Childs Race Cars.

Vehicle Type: Class is open to full-bodied cars and trucks only. No dragsters, roadsters, altered, or T-buckets (with exception of late model vehicles such as Corvette convertible).

Maximum ET: for qualification is 14.99 seconds.

Minimum Entry: Minimum of ten vehicles to compete.

Engine Combo: Any engine combination allowed. Engines are limited to one power additive (supercharger, nitrous, or turbocharger).

Fuel: Fuel is limited to pump gas, racing gas or alcohol. No nitro.

Registration: Vehicle must have a current registration, seasonal tags are allowed, but no temp tags. Registration must match VIN# and plates; plate must be displayed on rear bumper. No exceptions.

Lights: Must have a functional lighting system i.e. headlights, taillights, brake lights, and turn signals.
Charging System: Must have a functional charging system by means of a generator or alternator.

Exhaust: Must have mufflers that are functional (exhaust running through them, not gutted) and the end of the exhaust pipe or muffler must extend 2” past the driver’s rear door gap.

Tires: BIAS PLY CLASS Must have DOT approved Rear Street or drag tires with factory tread (any width) or drag slicks, which must be stamped 10.5 inches. RADIAL TIRE CLASS Must have drag radial tires only, any width.

Lettering/Decals: Lettering and decals limited to the windows and rocker panels only. (Lettering and decals must be placed no higher than 6 inches from the lower body line.)

Wipers: Must have functional wipers; arms and blades may be removed for safety. The only exception is for pre-1950 vehicles with vacuum wipers.

Doors/Windows: Must have functional doors and windows (open/close and roll up/down) Quarter windows may be stationary.

Tow Vehicles: Tow vehicles are prohibited. All cars must drive to the staging lanes and back to pit area after run (except if breakage occurs).

Safety Rules: IHRA safety rules apply to all vehicles, including Chassis Certification and Competition Licensing.

Burnouts: Regardless of ET, no burnouts across the starting line.

Competition: The ladder will be set up based on reaction time and run on a full-tree. All cars must compete in all three qualifying rounds and run dial-in eliminations. The fastest car overall will be declared the Pro Street winner. The winner of the bracket will be declared the Street Bracket winner. Should anyone enter and win both the Pro Street and the Street Bracket, they will receive a True King sticker and a bonus of $1000 courtesy of Interior Graphics& Printing and Alaska Safety.

Schedule: Gates will open at 2 pm. Time trials are from 4 until 5:30. Three parade laps down the track and back the return lanes start at 6 pm. Immediately followed by the first qualifying pass. There will be approximately a 15 minute cool down period between rounds.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:17 AM
9 Second Club

I'll be out there making some passes. I have a couple of things I need to do on my bird to run kos though.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for posting the rules. Better than before, though I would really like to see more of a street cruise 15 miles or to qualify that day for kos. I will give kos a try this season, won't be very competetive, but at least suppostring a street class.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:06 PM
9 Second Club

A street cruise will never happen. The track has a neighbor that is on the burough councel and is looking for every reason to shut the track down. She calls in complaints about noise at 10:01pm.
Competitive. Alls you need to do is be consistant and you can win. The way it's set up with these rules even a 13 second car has a fair chance at winning some decent money. I've won plenty of races by being the slower car and not having to wait at the light. It would be nice to see a good lsx showing.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

That sucks about the neighbor, always someone like that. We'll see how consistent I can get, never put effort in to consistency. Hope to see a good amount of lsx cars as well.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:20 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright guys, I gotta bump this thread up. Unfortunately, my ringlands let go yesterday, and I'm in a bind to have the cash to rebuild the engine. So the f-body procharger kit is up for sale...take a look at the thread for more details. I can come down on the price a little if one of you guys up here is interested in it. Any questions, let me know.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...er-extras.html
Old 06-23-2010, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -Q-
Alright guys, I gotta bump this thread up. Unfortunately, my ringlands let go yesterday, and I'm in a bind to have the cash to rebuild the engine. So the f-body procharger kit is up for sale...take a look at the thread for more details. I can come down on the price a little if one of you guys up here is interested in it. Any questions, let me know.

How long did you have it on? It looks like no long just based on the timeline of this here thread. PM me the lowest price you would consider taking.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:12 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Q-

That sucks. What's the plans on the rebuild?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:57 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frozen WS6
That sucks. What's the plans on the rebuild?
Not totally sure yet. Probably won't have the funds to do as much as I'd like...I'll probably pull the motor, break it down to a shortblock, and get some prices from the local machine shops to have the shortblock rebuilt with good rods/pistons. Then buy some decent heads, put a cam in it, and call it a day for now.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:24 AM
9 Second Club

There are a lot of options you can go with. I personally like the AFR heads. I wish the blackbird had some AFR225's on it.

I took my blackbird to the track sunday. First was 11.05 @122. Second pass 10.96 @123. Both on motor, drove it out and back on pump gas.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:05 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Nice times man. When you gonna spray it?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:29 PM
9 Second Club

The plan is to dial in the tune this weekend and have it out for the 4th of july weekend. I have 2 full bottles that I'm taking out there so. I'm trying to run KOS. But that may be on motor. It will be sprayed that weekend. Starting with a few 1/8 mile hits to get the suspension dialed and then run it out the back door. If it goes 9's it better be a good one. I'm driving out hoping for a low 10, possibly a 9, if everything goes right I'll be driving it home. Proving what Real street cars are.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:55 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Alright, looks like I have the new build coming together. I traded the Procharger kit for a low-mile LQ4 shortblock with LS2 timing chain and TSP ported LS6 oil pump, 241 heads with Patriot Dual Gold springs (heads are coming off), PP Typhoon 96mm polished intake and 96mm throttle body (also coming off to be sold), and a TSP Torquer V.2 cam with hardened pushrods. Got this motor plus cash from a guy out of state.

The 241 heads are coming off and I'm in the market for new ones. So if you guys have some for sale or know of any around, let me know. Thinking PRC Stage 2.5 5.3s or 243s. Probably 5.3s milled to around 60cc to get the comp up with these dished pistons. Can't afford the AFR or TFS heads. Going to re-use the Patriot dual springs coming with the motor.

Going to go with my LS6 intake and Shaner S3 throttle body and sell that Typhoon 96mm intake and TB combo. If you guys know anyone who might want the the intake and tb, let me know.

I'll be having a motor pulling/install party as soon as the new one gets here. I'll buy the beer and the pizza.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:01 AM
9 Second Club

Ok. Here is the update. This is on a fat 150 shot that didn't spray off the line. On Pump Gas and driven to and from the track. I'm pretty happy so far since my goal is a 9.50. There is alot left in this 150 shot and the rich 100 shot went 10.02. Which has a 9.9x in it.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

Nice run, I got to watch it from the top end. Hit the rev limiter a bit?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:03 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 346ci
Nice run, I got to watch it from the top end. Hit the rev limiter a bit?
I know. I'm old and can't shift fast enough. LOL. I'm still getting use to the sound of 6500 so I've been waiting for the shift light to come on before I shift to keep from short shifting it. I shift at 6500, limiter is at 6800, so I'm bumping to up a little closer to 7,000. I wonder what that run would have been if it was closer to perfect and it sprayed out of the hole. I really haven't been able to spend as much time on this car as I would like. I've been taking care of some more important things in life.

Quick Reply: looking for help in Alaska