Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Oregon's Emissions Tests

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oregon's Emissions Tests

Hey guys, I did read up some on previous threads, but wasn't able to find specifics that I need. Looks like I'm moving to the Portland area.

I'll be working in Beaverton, 'would want to live close by, but not in the "testing" towns. Is that feasible? I have heads/cam/n20 Z28 with an off-road Y pipe.

If I do have to test, do they look under the car, or do they just check codes? Here in Georgia, they used to just check codes, but last year they mandated a visual inspection under the car.

Any info would be very appreciated
Old 03-17-2010, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Look at places in Newberg 25 min. from beaverton. No DEQ here. most of yamhill county dosent DEQ
Old 03-17-2010, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
Look at places in Newberg 25 min. from beaverton. No DEQ here. most of yamhill county dosent DEQ
Oh awesome dude!! Thank you

Here I am, trying to sell my Z28, but now it looks like I'll reappear in the racing scene and maybe even one day hit the 10's in Portland.

I haven't been down the strip in 5 years, and it's been hell here in Atlanta with no tracks. You have no idea how good this makes me feel.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also...at least in the Clackamas area.....they just plug in to check codes. Sounds like the most you'd need to worry about with your setup might be running 02 sims (or maybe deleting them). I feel your pain though....I'm trying to buy a house in Portland, and also finishing up my FFI s/d tuned car to run on the street and track. Let me know how it goes for ya.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im registered in tillamook county Newberg is a nice quiet town until poncho hits the streets

Quick Reply: Oregon's Emissions Tests