Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Deep Dish C5's are on!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
ya you need to get a set of headers/exhaust and intake. your behind the times lol
This is tue lol, I really want a set of headers, I am going to keep the stock CME catback, it is already a 3" catback with the SLP Dual Dual muffler they just change the tips to be the CME.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by welldonecj7
This is tue lol, I really want a set of headers, I am going to keep the stock CME catback, it is already a 3" catback with the SLP Dual Dual muffler they just change the tips to be the CME.
ya keep that cme for sure. i would love to have one of those for my car. btw stay away from pacesetter, they are a bitch to get in the car
Old 06-09-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I really would like to get ARH but I dont know if I want to spend that much on them, those or kooks but both are so pricey.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I really would like to get ARH but I dont know if I want to spend that much on them, those or kooks but both are so pricey.
ya i said the same thing and got pacesetters, now i wana switch to kooks. ceramic rusts beleive it or not.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of anyone having fitment issues with Pacesetter LT's for the LS1. Mine fit like a glove with zero issues. There are hundreds upon hundreds of LS1 owners on here with them and running them with great success. IMO, If you have the money and don't mind spending a few hundred extra bucks get the American Racing LT's if you want to put on something Stainless so you NEVER have to do them again.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
Never heard of anyone having fitment issues with Pacesetter LT's for the LS1. Mine fit like a glove with zero issues. There are hundreds upon hundreds of LS1 owners on here with them and running them with great success. IMO, If you have the money and don't mind spending a few hundred extra bucks get the American Racing LT's if you want to put on something Stainless so you NEVER have to do them again.
i half agree with you. the passenger side header is easy. but the driver side header sucks, you have to undo the motor mounts and jack up that side of the motor and even then they are a bitch to get in the car. they do have great ground clearance though. i would have gotten BBK's if i went with another cheap header. my dad has them on hisd 95 ls1 and they go in soooo easy
Old 06-10-2010, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It will prob be a while before I do anything to mine, even though i really want to however I think i might try to save and go for something stainless just so it doesnt rust, might watch for a decent set of used ones, would like to go with 1 7/8 but the 1 3/4 will be just fine for what i will do to my car, it will never be anything crazy.

I do have a ported and polished tb for it however, I wanted to wait and run it stock though to see how I would do and see if there are any improvements with the pp tb. After doing that could prob put it on, not expecting much but got a good deal on it. I know there is deff more left in my car, just need the driver mod. Still a lot of learning how to drive my car, especially launching it.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It will prob be a while before I do anything to mine, even though i really want to however I think i might try to save and go for something stainless just so it doesnt rust, might watch for a decent set of used ones, would like to go with 1 7/8 but the 1 3/4 will be just fine for what i will do to my car, it will never be anything crazy.

I do have a ported and polished tb for it however, I wanted to wait and run it stock though to see how I would do and see if there are any improvements with the pp tb. After doing that could prob put it on, not expecting much but got a good deal on it. I know there is deff more left in my car, just need the driver mod. Still a lot of learning how to drive my car, especially launching it.
if i were you i would go with 1 7/8's headers, they will be alot better if you ever wana do heads and cam or bigger cubes. one thing ive learned: just get the best the first time, and dont worry about it in the future. you ran a pretty decent time i think. i still have alot of learning to do myself, i get one ok launch out of 5 probly.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

I personally wouldn't tear into that SS and do a H/C swap. Too nice of a car and if he ever wanted to sell it, he would have a better chance of selling it more stock then he would all built up. I would just throw on a few bolt on items like LT's/Catback/CAI and call it a day.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I personally wouldn't tear into that SS and do a H/C swap. Too nice of a car and if he ever wanted to sell it, he would have a better chance of selling it more stock then he would all built up. I would just throw on a few bolt on items like LT's/Catback/CAI and call it a day.
thats a good point, those limited edition ss's are really rare. welldone has the only one i have ever seen in person. and they hold their value pretty good
Old 06-10-2010, 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Baaah. You're starting to sound like one of those old geezer Vette guys where it has to be "numbers matching" lol...... I say bore it, stroke it, put a nasty cam in that bitch and don't look back. But that's just me. I've been around these cars long enough to know that they do NOT hold their value during the first 20 years of their life, "limited edition", "35th Anniv" or not.

I'm just sayin.....

Mike
Old 06-10-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Baaah. You're starting to sound like one of those old geezer Vette guys where it has to be "numbers matching" lol...... I say bore it, stroke it, put a nasty cam in that bitch and don't look back. But that's just me. I've been around these cars long enough to know that they do NOT hold their value during the first 20 years of their life, "limited edition", "35th Anniv" or not.

I'm just sayin.....

Mike
well now that you put it that way, i would have to agree. who cares about numbers matching, you have these guys that buy a car and just keep it under a blanket for 40 years. the last time i checked cars were made to be driven.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6

I'm just sayin.....

Mike
Well my is getting saggier by the day

Your a different kind of breed then most guys around here...being you pretty much use it strictly for the track and not as a DD or weekend cruiser. Which is all good! The majority of us don't own our cars to drag race only. Plus you know for a fact that once you start tearing into the motor and build a high HP car, it's not going to be as reliable (we have both had our ups and downs with our builds), repair bills will be spendy, it will guzzle up the gas even worse then it already does and it's not going to be all that streetable....then comes DEQ/Emission testing. The BIG power you have can't be utilized under normal driving conditions...more so just at the track. You start romping on it too hard around town and the cuffs will get slapped on you sooner then later. I'd rather have something that has a great power throughout the entire powerband....not just the top end.

That's just my .2
Old 06-10-2010, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Well if you had the money buy two 35ths and keep one to sit and collect dust and build the other one. And check this out.. Who cares about numbers cause 20 years from now we won't be able to drive on the roads anymore..lol it will all be float cars by then.. So I agree with mike.

for the headers.. Driver side is kind of a pain but, I would spend alot
more less for a set of headers and have alittle bit of fitmint issues then spend a **** load of money for a set that puts out the same HP.
That's my .2.

it's not really that big of deal when you're putting them in anyways cause you're under there already.

Also I have had mine for two years and they are ceramic coated and I have no issues with rust and I drive mine every day every where
Old 06-10-2010, 10:33 PM
12 Second Club

By the way I'm doing a 427 in the WS6 with a monster cam and huge heads JK
Old 06-10-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I say just run the living **** out whatever ya got and if it breaks **** it
Old 06-10-2010, 11:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well my is getting saggier by the day

Your a different kind of breed then most guys around here...being you pretty much use it strictly for the track and not as a DD or weekend cruiser. Which is all good! The majority of us don't own our cars to drag race only. Plus you know for a fact that once you start tearing into the motor and build a high HP car, it's not going to be as reliable (we have both had our ups and downs with our builds), repair bills will be spendy, it will guzzle up the gas even worse then it already does and it's not going to be all that streetable....then comes DEQ/Emission testing. The BIG power you have can't be utilized under normal driving conditions...more so just at the track. You start romping on it too hard around town and the cuffs will get slapped on you sooner then later. I'd rather have something that has a great power throughout the entire powerband....not just the top end.

That's just my .2
LOL,,,, just admit it, you're an old fart at heart and should be driving a Lexus.

Mike
Old 06-11-2010, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol I can agree with both sides, to each and his own. I am kinda of middle of the road with "special edition" cars, most things if you keep stock parts could always be returned to stock if one really wanted to. I will not have to worry about it for a while at least because I dont have the money to spend towards the car right now. And whenever I do it will be for bolt on stuff.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i dont give a **** how non streetable people say my car will be. its only a pleasure car, and people can talk about power under the curve all hey want, the big cammed cars are faster than baby cam cars. if i had a ss for a daily driver i peobly would just get a small cam, i could go on and on about this. but then again i haver never driven a car with a huge cam, but i think i can handle it and enjoy it
Old 06-11-2010, 03:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Well if you had the money buy two 35ths and keep one to sit and collect dust and build the other one. And check this out.. Who cares about numbers cause 20 years from now we won't be able to drive on the roads anymore..lol it will all be float cars by then.. So I agree with mike.

for the headers.. Driver side is kind of a pain but, I would spend alot
more less for a set of headers and have alittle bit of fitmint issues then spend a **** load of money for a set that puts out the same HP.
That's my .2.

it's not really that big of deal when you're putting them in anyways cause you're under there already.

Also I have had mine for two years and they are ceramic coated and I have no issues with rust and I drive mine every day every where

my pace setters where non ceramic coated and i stripped em and layed 4 coats of high temp header paint and about 80 bucks and 2hrs of header wrap i like the wrapped look..kinda looks olds school/race butah i bought my pacesetters and ory for 100 bones soo if i had money i prolly would have bought the ceramic coated ones but the price was right. they went in real nicely and i havnt had any problems minus a car thats now too ******* loud....i like the flanges on the pacesetters they are pretty thick

Quick Reply: Deep Dish C5's are on!