July 2nd Woodburn Dragstrip

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 01:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1
Thanks Joe,

My best ET last night was a 12.91 and my new best MPH was 112

it was fun, too bad it started to rain I really wanted to see Joe and Poncho run there cars!!

Did anyone get any video?
Congrats on the new time Playboy
Old 07-03-2010, 02:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
Oh, We didn't! Joe got there to late and I was fixing a broken stud the entire time. One thing you might want to do to your axles is weld the studs in with a small tack weld. All of my studs were loose and one had backed out so far it hit a backing plate bolt or something and broke right off. Two minutes after I got my car back together I was getting ready to adjust the air in the slicks and they call over the intercom "Racing has stopped for the evening due to rain". So no run's for me or Joe. The guy I really wanted to race ran an 11.8 at 126.4.
Sucks you didn't get to run.

I had that happen on mine one time but luckily I caught it before they backed out too far. I just used some red loctite on them and they've been fine ever since then. Does yours have the 1/2"x3" studs?

Mike
Old 07-03-2010, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it was hella fun running with u too. I'm still looking to my right looking for you to come fly by..lol... I need some gears to then we will see what's up.

Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1
^^^ hey, it was fun to run ya! Your gonna rip with some drs
Old 07-03-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Yeah it was hella fun running with u too. I'm still looking to my right looking for you to come fly by..lol... I need some gears to then we will see what's up.
Both you guys have good running cars, I bet it was a lot of fun being pretty close esp if it was a rundown type race makes it interesting
Old 07-03-2010, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Yeah! Makes it alot better.
So my dad has the videos on Facebook so I'm trying to get him to put them on my YouTube acct. I watched them and in one of them I was tapping the breaks when I push the clutch in.lol.
Also there sure is blue smoke coming from my car any ideas what it could be? Fuel?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah! Makes it alot better.
So my dad has the videos on Facebook so I'm trying to get him to put them on my YouTube acct. I watched them and in one of them I was tapping the breaks when I push the clutch in.lol.
Also there sure is blue smoke coming from my car any ideas what it could be? Fuel?
Hard to say for sure without seeing the smoke but ussually what you described is oil. When was it doing it, or was it all the time?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I watched them and in one of them I was tapping the breaks when I push the clutch in.lol.
I've done that before too,,,, it happens.

Blue smoke is burned oil, so it's either coming from worn valveguides/seals, or you're getting oil past the rings. Does your oil dipstick tube ever push out by itself? If so then you're getting blowby past the rings and it's pressurizing your crank case (ie: worn rings/cylinder walls).

Mike
Old 07-03-2010, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by welldonecj7
Hard to say for sure without seeing the smoke but ussually what you described is oil. When was it doing it, or was it all the time?
When I saw the smoke it was right after he would start the car, it would puff a lil then go away
Old 07-03-2010, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Damn that sucks! Cause it was happening just about all the way down the track. I think the rings are just about shot. Time to get a 408, a 9". I'm going to get 12's or real close before I do that just to show that you can do it with a high mileage LS1.... Dip stick is good it never has been pushed out. The head s have about 55k on them. So I'm pretty sure it's the rings.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I have 1/2"x3" studs. I didn't think the 5/8's would fit my wheels and wouldn't be needed.

Quick Reply: July 2nd Woodburn Dragstrip