Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Car show for a good cause

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car show for a good cause

On September 25, 2010 at 9:00 a.m., South Fork Forest Camp will be hosting their first ever Car and Bike Show in recognition of the end of the 2010 fire season. South Fork Forest Camp is a 200-bed, unfenced minimum custody facility focused on work programs for inmates prior to release.

This event is an excellent opportunity for inmates, staff, non-profit resources, and the community to come together and interact in a pro-social way to help inmates transition back into the community. During the show we will provide a chicken barbeque lunch and a resource/job fair. This is an opportunity for inmates to make connections with groups in the community for resources after their release.

We are encouraging anyone to participate that has a car or motorcycle to show, non profit groups that offer resources for released inmates, and employers that employ those that have been incarcerated, specifically in the auto field. The inmate population will judge, and prizes will be given for each type of vehicle. Lunch will be provided to those participating with a vehicle and their guest, along with any participants involved in the resource fair. Other approved guests are welcome to attend; however, those not participating in the event or those that are not guests of participants will need to buy their own lunch for the barbeque by purchasing a meal ticket at the cost of $2.00.

South Fork Forest Camp is located at 48300 Highway 6, Tillamook, Oregon. Going west on Highway 26 (Sunset Highway), go left at the Highway 6 junction. Continue on Highway 6 to mile marker 28. South Fork Forest Camp entrance will be on the left. There is a sign on the right side of the highway. Additionally, the road is across from Elk Creek Park. You will continue on the gravel road for 1 ½ miles (hard packed); SFFC is on the right hand side. There will be a check-in point across the bridge, and you will be directed where to go from there.

We are looking forward to this event and need your assistance and participation to make our first Car and Bike Show a successful and enjoyable time at SFFC. Your participation is very valuable to us, and I hope that you can make it. If you have questions or need more information, please contact me or my assistant:

Dean Harlow, Camp Commander at dean.harlow@doc.state.or.us 503-815-6131 or
Cheryl Hallowell, Executive Support to the Camp Commander at cheryl.hallowell@doc.state.or.us 503-815-6103

My father is camp commander, so if you guys are interested your also welcome to message me and I can get you a registration form.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

No interest at all huh? there will be prizes and a free BBQ good way to blow out summer.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds cool but its too far for me.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Its going to be a blast alot of staff members will be bringing their cars out but we want people from the public to.

Quick Reply: Car show for a good cause