Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Car show sept 25 2011. 2nd annual SFFC prison car show.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car show sept 25 2011. 2nd annual SFFC prison car show.

Well I know its early but I want to start getting the word out there about a car show taking place at a Oregon Dept of Corrections facility. It will be held at South Fork Forest Camp. SFFC is a 200 bed minimum custody unfenced facility in Tillamook Oregon, Oregon Dept of Corrections trains inmates on wildland fire-fighting and reforestation or fire-destroyed areas out of this facility. The car show is held at the end of the fire season to promate a pro-social environment for the inmates. Last year the inmates raised $600 for trophies and prizes. So far this year they have raised $2,000 along with donations from Portland Area shops to give away. I know its a rather unconventional place to hold a car show but I will tell you its always alot of fun and South Fork is a very nice place out in the woods. Please let me know how many of you are interested. Its open to all kinds of vehicles, motorcycles, muscle cars (old and new) low riders, imports and off roaders alike.

Thanks to all of you with interest
Old 06-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Staging Lane

Noone?
Old 06-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Staging Lane

I might be down for this if I have that weekend off.

edit: I have it off just depends when my gf dad is here from Hawaii
Old 06-11-2011, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I told myself I would never go back there....Nasty Nate wasn't to kind to me.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It seems kinda strange having a car show for convicts.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Alright guys this is coming up I was wrong it actually falls on the 24th of this month We could still really use some people. And while yes they are convicts and it might seem strange to have a car show for criminals but its to promote a pro-social environment especially since all of these inmates are within 2 years of being released. Below is a letter from my father who is the commander of the prison. You can contact him or me for more info.

Greeting From SFFC, It’s the best time of the year again,
On Saturday September 24th , 2011 at 9:00 a.m., South Fork Forest Camp will be hosting their second annual Car/ Bike Show and Resource Fair in recognition of the end of the 2011 fire season. South Fork Forest Camp is a 200-bed, unfenced minimum custody facility focused on work programs for inmates prior to release.
This event is an excellent opportunity for inmates, staff, non-profit resource providers, and the community to come together and interact in a pro-social way to help inmates transition back into the community. During the show we will be providing a BBQ lunch and resource /job fair. This is an opportunity for inmates to make connections with groups in the community after their release.
We are encouraging everyone to participate that has a car, truck or motorcycle to show, nonprofit groups that offer resources for released inmates, and employers that employ those who have been incarcerated.
The inmate population will judge, and prizes will be given as well as trophies for various categories. Lunch will be provided to those participating with a registered vehicle in the show, their guests, as well as any other participants involved in the resource fair. Individuals not accompanying a registered show car or participating in the event will need to purchase a meal ticket for $2.00.
South Fork Forest Camp is located at 48300 Highway 6, Tillamook, Oregon. Going west on Highway 26 (Sunset Highway), go left at the Highway 6 junction. Continue on Highway 6 to mile marker 28. The South Fork Forest Camp entrance will be on the left side of the road. There is a sign on the right side of the Highway. Additionally, the road is across from Elk Creek Park. You will continue on the gravel road for 1 ½ miles (hard packed); SFFC is on the right hand side. There will be a check-in point across the bridge, and you will be directed where to go from there.
Attached you will find the pre-registration form. All participants who are not DOC employees will need to complete the attached form with the required information to do a background check. DOC staff will provide only relevant information such as name, type of vehicle and the names of any guests attending along with the information necessary to complete their background check.
We are looking forward to this event, last year’s show was a great success, and we hope this year will be even better. We look forward to your assistance and participation to ensure another successful and enjoyable Car Show/Resource Fair at SFFC. Your participation is very valuable to us, and I hope that you can make it. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact me or my assistant:
Dean Harlow, Camp Commander at dean.harlow@doc.state.or.us (503) 815-6131
Cheryl Hallowell, Executive Support at cheryl.r.hallowell@doc.state.or.us (503) 815-6103
Sincerely,

Dean Harlow
Camp Commander
South Fork Forrest Camp

Quick Reply: Car show sept 25 2011. 2nd annual SFFC prison car show.