Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Portland Tuner with...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Portland Tuner with...

EFILive. I need your guys help. Our big GTOAA drag racing event is next Tuesday. I have to get these tranny codes cleared or else I'm sitting on the bleachers with my thumb up my ***, wondering what if.
As far as I know only EFILive has access to these codes. I only need two codes turned off, no more, no less.

Anybody know anybody?
Old 06-26-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

I think Wong has been using EFI Live some. Do you only need codes cleared or do you actually need something turned off? If you only need the codes cleared, I can clear them with my scan tool. I also have EFI Live, but I don't have any licenses available.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
I think Wong has been using EFI Live some. Do you only need codes cleared or do you actually need something turned off? If you only need the codes cleared, I can clear them with my scan tool. I also have EFI Live, but I don't have any licenses available.

Tom tunes my car, and he uses HP Tuners.
What I need is the 3-4 shift solenoids not to be reported to the ECM. I'm not throwing codes quite yet, but it puts the car in "safety mode" and I fall flat on my face, when ever I'm at the track. It's quite depressing...
Old 06-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Staging Lane

Tom uses tuner cat, hp tuners, and I thought he also had EFI Live but not 100% sure.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

Exactly what Gold said. Tom uses multiple programs depending on what the customer wants. He uses LS1Edit, TunerCat, HP Tuners, and I think he has EFI Live as well.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:57 AM
wpe
Teching In

Originally Posted by cncmasterofor
Tom tunes my car, and he uses HP Tuners.
What I need is the 3-4 shift solenoids not to be reported to the ECM. I'm not throwing codes quite yet, but it puts the car in "safety mode" and I fall flat on my face, when ever I'm at the track. It's quite depressing...
My software guy is working on it but not sure when it will be available. HPT also says they are working on it but its on their low priority list.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wpe
My software guy is working on it but not sure when it will be available. HPT also says they are working on it but its on their low priority list.

Is that you Tom?

I know your working on it. This event is something I've been looking forward to for over a year now. I was hoping to at least find a band aid fix or something. I know I'm pretty much out of time. Just feeling a bit desperate.
HPT has been aware/working on it since at least 2008.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Is that you Tom?

I know your working on it. This event is something I've been looking forward to for over a year now. I was hoping to at least find a band aid fix or something. I know I'm pretty much out of time. Just feeling a bit desperate.
HPT has been aware/working on it since at least 2008.

The only person in the area that i know that has efi live that would be able to do it is english racing. if u want your codes turned off they should be able to do it. But tunning wise for driveability they are not the place for gm cars.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

Now do you already have a license of EFI Live for your car? I have 2 licenses but have use for them. I have the software and flash tool if that is what your looking for. I believe Mike also has the software and scan tool for EFI Live.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SalvageZ28
The only person in the area that i know that has efi live that would be able to do it is english racing. if u want your codes turned off they should be able to do it. But tunning wise for driveability they are not the place for gm cars.

I'm happy with my tune. Don't want anybody messing with that, well except for Tom. I'll have to pass on English racing. It's pretty rough waters with a few of those guys.

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
Now do you already have a license of EFI Live for your car? I have 2 licenses but have use for them. I have the software and flash tool if that is what your looking for. I believe Mike also has the software and scan tool for EFI Live.
I don't have a license. For some reason I didn't think I needed one. Brain fart I guess. If that's the case, then I guess I should wait.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:20 AM
wpe
Teching In

I'm happy with my tune. Don't want anybody messing with that, well except for Tom. I'll have to pass on English racing. It's pretty rough waters with a few of those guys.

I don't have a license. For some reason I didn't think I needed one. Brain fart I guess. If that's the case, then I guess I should wait.
All you need to do is to pay for the iicense fee via EFI live then you can tweak the PCM. If its like HPT its only $100.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

Yes it is only $100 to just get a license.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:37 PM
wpe
Teching In

EFILive. I need your guys help. Our big GTOAA drag racing event is next Tuesday. I have to get these tranny codes cleared or else I'm sitting on the bleachers with my thumb up my ***, wondering what if.
As far as I know only EFILive has access to these codes. I only need two codes turned off, no more, no less.

Anybody know anybody?
Jason, my software guy has it done. If I get this stuff before your race I can do it for you while you wait. It has been shipped, I may receive it this coming saturday, if its not here that day, we are screwed because of the 4th of July holiday on monday. Call me Saturday via my cell number and hopefully it will be here. I will be in Longview for a Corvette event that day but I will stop by my moms place which is where its to be delivered to check.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wpe
Jason, my software guy has it done. If I get this stuff before your race I can do it for you while you wait. It has been shipped, I may receive it this coming saturday, if its not here that day, we are screwed because of the 4th of July holiday on monday. Call me Saturday via my cell number and hopefully it will be here. I will be in Longview for a Corvette event that day but I will stop by my moms place which is where its to be delivered to check.

Most excellent! I could almost give ya a kiss...almost.

Do I have your cell number? Not sure if the one I call is the business or cell or if they are one and the same.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:53 PM
wpe
Teching In

Most excellent! I could almost give ya a kiss...almost.

Do I have your cell number? Not sure if the one I call is the business or cell or if they are one and the same.
Got the new hardware, so I will pm you with my cell number!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Thanks Tom for all your hard work!

Here is something I wasn't able to do before. Crappy cell pic sent to me. It's during one of my photo shoots for a magazine.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Crappy cell pic sent to me. It's during one of my photo shoots for a magazine.

I do what I can, and yes it is a crappy phone and pic.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GasTiresandOil
I do what I can, and yes it is a crappy phone and pic.

Sorry, not exactly what I meant. I was trying to say that it wasn't a photo from the photographer and we loose image quality when sending pics from phone to phone.
I wouldn't have it with out ya!

Thanks again for your help. Your pretty good at giving directions/hand signals and all.

Did that weld job hold up for you on your way back down?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:49 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry, not exactly what I meant. I was trying to say that it wasn't a photo from the photographer and we loose image quality when sending pics from phone to phone.
I wouldn't have it with out ya!

Thanks again for your help. Your pretty good at giving directions/hand signals and all.

Did that weld job hold up for you on your way back down?
Sure did and thanks again. I'll let you know if it holds up for a trip down to SoCal and back this weekend as well.

Quick Reply: Portland Tuner with...