Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

local stuff

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default local stuff

Hey all,

I am new to the area, I just moved to Oregon and need to the crash course in the car scene out here, specifically drag racing related, but anything goes...

OK, so my car just got done getitng the cage installed and I hadn't even gotten a run on the car before the season was over in 2009, now 2 + years later I am going to pull my car out of storage and get back into building it up as a drag only car, but I moved awaye from all the shops and people I knew out east. I was doing the bolt-on only LT1 thing for a while and doing index racing in a naturally aspirated racing series, but now I think when I get the car back I am not going to keep it bolt-on only, lol...

So, onto my questions...

Racing -- where are the good tracks, are there any good racing series out here, and any info on racing?

Shops -- I like working with the small local type shops, and know I am going to need help with Chassis work, suspension tuning, all that fun stuff. Any recomendations of some good shops around the area, I am cool driving a few hours if need be...

What else should I know about the Pacific Northwest???
Old 02-06-2012, 08:06 PM
11 Second Club

Very cool ride you got there.

PIR has bracket 1/8th mile every Weds. Test and tune 1/4 mile on Fri and Sat.

Woodburn does 1/4 bracket and t&t. Both tracks have websites.

Welcome to the PNW.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, hope to meet ya sometime.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

I see fquick in everyone sig, here is mine if you guys are interested, I just haven't updated it in forever though...

http://www.fquick.com/1slowformula
Old 02-07-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bracket ET series are about the only drag racing series around here. Heads Up NW is still around, but slowly dying. They only have 1 index class (10.50) and the rest is heads up stuff. Every track I've been around you are always going to have people complain about traction and others that say they have no problem. The weather has a huge impact on traction around here (alot of rain outs, thus cold track and not alot of rubber). As mentioned by Mike the 2 local tracks are Portland International Raceway (PIR) and Woodburn. Should also be noted that PIR has noise limitations and all race vehicles must have mufflers (yes even dragsters). There are a fair amount of tracks in reasonable driving distance.

PIR
Woodburn
Pacific Raceways (Seattle, WA)
Bremerton Raceway (Bremerton, WA)
Madras Dragstrip (1/8th) (Madras, OR)
Coos Bay Dragstrip (1/8th) (Coos Bay, OR)
Shelton Raceways I believe will be opening this year (Shelton, WA)
Champion Raceway (Medford, OR) Maybe not open this year as management is changing
Renegade Raceway (Yakima, WA)
Walla Walla Dragstrip (Walla Walla, WA)
Spokane County Raceway (Spokane, WA)

Spokane is the furthest away from PDX at 6 1/2 hours