Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Local store / DRL socket?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local store / DRL socket?

I read on another thread that parts stores carried DRL sockets for 4th gens. Well, I checked and no luck. They carry headlamp and tail lights only. These drls are driving me nuts. I wanted to avoid a dealership for obvious reasons. Anyone know a local place where I could find them? Thanks
Old 07-11-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 126 Likes on 83 Posts

Are you talking about the socket that goes in the amber turn signal lenses in the front?
If yes then they do carry them (I've replaced my melted ones at least once if not twice). They are listed as a turn signal socket with 3 wires, they also have the smaller ones for the 194 bulbs as well. Autozone and O'Reilleys always seem to have them when I go in.
If I am wrong let me know, by they do fit and do last for quite a while. The body control module is what controls the DRLs the socket doesn't really "care" what is happening it just holds the bulb. It just needs to have three wires not the two wire style which is for backup or blinkers only.
Jessica
Old 07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. With that said, I'll double check in person so I can see the part. Mine are all kinds of burnt. Cleaning the connections and adding grease is just a short term fix. Tired of crawling under there.