Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Draggin' the gut CRUISE THIS SATURDAY!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

That was a pretty wild cruise, I had no idea that ferry was there. It was a lot of fun though!
Jessica
Old 08-26-2013, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes awesome time!!! I think I had more fun trying to get there then cruising the gut..lol... It was finally good to meet you Jessica.. Now get that 6.0 going!!..lol
Old 08-26-2013, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

And hey! My brother and I made it from Salem to tualatin in 40 minutes buddy.. Well would of if we didn't stop for gas and weighed our cars.. Which with a 1/4 tank of gas was 3650 with me in it and my brother weighed 2550 with him in it and 3/4 of a tank.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I still want to run that civic!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Yes awesome time!!! I think I had more fun trying to get there then cruising the gut..lol... It was finally good to meet you Jessica.. Now get that 6.0 going!!..lol
Yeah, I'll just get right on that Once I get it to my house and get the stuck crank bolt undone I can get to work on it some more.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 78_elky
Yeah, I'll just get right on that Once I get it to my house and get the stuck crank bolt undone I can get to work on it some more.
As in broken? Or just stubborn? If it's broken/messed up, I have a spare ls1 crank I'll give ya. Also have a 6.0 crank (58x) sitting in a block that I can remove for you if it'll work for ya....
Old 08-28-2013, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by salemetro
As in broken? Or just stubborn? If it's broken/messed up, I have a spare ls1 crank I'll give ya. Also have a 6.0 crank (58x) sitting in a block that I can remove for you if it'll work for ya....
Its just stubborn, I tried an impact wrench and it didn't budge it. My next plan is a bar through the pulley and another one on a breaker bar on the bolt. I'll have to get in touch with you once I get it apart and figure out all I need to put it back together.
Jess
Old 08-28-2013, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its just stubborn, I tried an impact wrench and it didn't budge it. My next plan is a bar through the pulley and another one on a breaker bar on the bolt. I'll have to get in touch with you once I get it apart and figure out all I need to put it back together.
Jess
If you don't care about reusing the balancer, just apply heat with a map gas torch to the bolt head. There is loctite under the head of the bolt that can be a pain sometimes. More than likely, the balancer will be fine...it would really take a lot of heat to screw it up. When the bolt head is good and hot, hit it with an air impact, it'll come out. Just be carefull/mindfull of how much heat you're putting into the balancer....should be no biggie.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

If you don't care about reusing the balancer, just apply heat with a map gas torch to the bolt head. There is loctite under the head of the bolt that can be a pain sometimes. More than likely, the balancer will be fine...it would really take a lot of heat to screw it up. When the bolt head is good and hot, hit it with an air impact, it'll come out. Just be carefull/mindfull of how much heat you're putting into the balancer....should be no biggie.
Great! Once I get it to my house I will try it. I don't know if I can use the balancer because I want to go with LS1 accessories on it not the LQ4 stuff.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great! Once I get it to my house I will try it. I don't know if I can use the balancer because I want to go with LS1 accessories on it not the LQ4 stuff.
Keep in mind that a regular ls1 intake will gain you nothing over a truck intake. The ls6 intake will be marginally better. Since you're trying to do a low-buck build, don't discount the truck intake.....if your hood will clear. The truck accessories, though not as asthetically appealing, are a hell of a lot easier to be had for cheap....as long as front-to-radiator clearance is not an issue. I've seen a couple of "smoothed" truck intakes, and they did not look too bad really.

I'd just save the cash for stuff that really matters
Old 08-30-2013, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

Keep in mind that a regular ls1 intake will gain you nothing over a truck intake. The ls6 intake will be marginally better. Since you're trying to do a low-buck build, don't discount the truck intake.....if your hood will clear. The truck accessories, though not as asthetically appealing, are a hell of a lot easier to be had for cheap....as long as front-to-radiator clearance is not an issue. I've seen a couple of "smoothed" truck intakes, and they did not look too bad really.

I'd just save the cash for stuff that really matters
Good to know! I don't mind the idea of keeping the intake and accessories but I don't know what will fit. I'll keep hanging onto all these parts until I know they won't work for my car
Jessica

Quick Reply: Draggin' the gut CRUISE THIS SATURDAY!