Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Front Plate Cover on T/A?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013 | 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Front Plate Cover on T/A?

Was wondering if the police in WA (Seattle area) are **** enough to pull you over for having no front license plate? I hate having it off and see plenty of people running it on with no issues from the cops in other states. But Seattle cops are know to be more on the douche side. My buddy got a ticket for changing his rear license plate light to a blue bulb
Old 09-17-2013 | 07:51 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

The short answer to your question is yes they are. I was pulled over by WSP for it a few years ago. Was kind enough not to write me for it but had a book of people he had warned. Told me next time he would cite.

As far as your buddy most states it is illegal to have blue lights as they are reserved for emergency vehicles. Know your state laws kids. I am from AZ originally and the ticket there can be written as "Impersonating an emergency vehicle"
Old 09-17-2013 | 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

I've been running with no front plate for the last nine months and not been pulled over. I even have the chrome inlays on the raised firebird to draw attention to it. I don't drive around in down town though, but I commute from Kent to Boeing field every day.
Old 09-18-2013 | 10:03 AM
TECH Regular
10 Year Member

I lived in Federal Way and commuted to Fife for a couple years and the job had me driving all over, from Sedro-Wolly to Centralia and from the Coast to who knows where. Anyways I got pulled over less than a week after I took my front plate off by a cop in Fife (they have more police than residents I think). The cop was pretty much a hard *** and yelled for a good 5 minutes. I just asked him if I put it in the window would it make him happy. Needless to say it wouldn't so I grabbed a couple zip ties from my glove box and zip tied the plate to the front while parked on the side of the road so as not to get a ticket.
My thought is that as long as you can fix it easily and right there you might not get a ticket, or the officer might be a lot nicer about it. Its a dumb fine and you can usually get out of it if you bring a picture to court with you of the car with the plate but then you have to go to court.
Jessica
Old 09-18-2013 | 12:43 PM
On The Tree

I have no front plate..its inside on the dash and been that way for over a year and haven't had 1 incident. I was even pulled over by a stater and he didn't say a thing. I wouldnt worry at all
Old 09-18-2013 | 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright, that was my second question, if just putting it on my dash would be ok. Looks like I should be fine
Old 09-20-2013 | 06:46 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Good luck to you. If you travel the freeway a lot I will tell you what I have been told\noticed. WSP picks something they have a hard on for the month and write everyone who is doing that thing. I have limo tinted windows and made it 5 years without any issues even through several traffic stops. Then it was window tint month at the state, I received 3 tickets in a month for it. Havent had an issue since. So bottom line is do whatcha like just plan to have some cash to burn if you get written.
Old 09-21-2013 | 11:59 AM
On The Tree

I have a filler plate as well, so far so good 2 years running. What I suggest for myself and anyone else is what TMoney has. Suction cupped his front plate to the inside of his passenger side windshield. Front plate looks like ****. Rock on folks.

Quick Reply: Front Plate Cover on T/A?