Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Yakima Washington area and automobiles

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yakima Washington area and automobiles

I am looking at a 87 trans am that is from that area. I am a little concerned that the car might have a fair amount of rust. I asked the guy for some undercarriage pics. He said that wasn't possible but assured me the car was no rust bucket. That it was from the yakima area and that it is dry out there. I looked at used car dealer sites for pics but there is nothing that old shown online.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

If the seller is giving an excuse to not show you pics of the car, RUN. Did he give a reason he couldn't provide pictures?
Old 11-21-2013, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Excuses like "that's not possible" are the sign of either a lying, or un-motivated seller. I can understand that it might take some time to GET some pictures (we all have busy lives), but for the seller to basically say "trust me, man!" is B.S. I'd just tell the seller that you're not just "window shopping", but you need visible proof that the car is up to your expectations (and is actually in the condition he's claiming). If he still says that he can't get pictures, then tell him that you're no longer interested.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I sent him a text today asking for an engine bay pics and any possible undercarriage pics, even if from the back bumper area. Needless to say I haven't heard back.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

I live 70 miles SE of Yakima and it is indeed very dry here and nothing much rusts. If the car spent it's life here and not in the mountains west of Yakima, it should be rust free.

I do agree with the above and if the guy will not take pictures, I would be very afraid. If I was closer, i would be glad to look at it for you.

Quick Reply: Yakima Washington area and automobiles