Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Hot Cam Purchased!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004 | 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

No problem Jason. I don't think I could sit for one day with this cam in my hands and I'm off work too.
Old 06-23-2004 | 01:40 AM
TECH Veteran

If for some reason you still need a hand with something on Saturday the 3rd, then don't hesitate to let me know... I'm free that day so I can help if needed. Can't wait to hear that Hot Cam thumping away in your ride...

Of course, it sucks that you and Mark get to have your cams installed before me... so now I gotta sit here and stare at this cam just sitting here in the box next to me until the 17th.
Old 06-23-2004 | 02:38 AM
TECH Resident

Sounds lke a plan. I will find out in thursday what time I can be there on thursday next week and will let you know.

I will bring my set of wrenchs and sockets, Larry tool for the valve springs, home depot rods for the lifters, torque wrench, misc tools, and left over supplies just in case ie. gasket maker, locktite, grease etc,etc. What else do you need?
Old 06-23-2004 | 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jason, I most certainly will let you know. You can always come on out and check out the results and watch the Pepsi 400.

Ryan, between the two of us I think that we'll have it covered with the above list. Don't need the torque wrench though.

Hey Ricky, you playing with us or not? I even make a nice bed under the Jeep for you in case you get tuckered out little fella.
Old 06-23-2004 | 11:04 PM
TECH Veteran

I just may have to come check out the cam and see how it runs. We can cruise to somewhere and meet up as well, see if we can't get any of the other guys to join us... like the XXX or Burgermaster or somewhere like that.
Old 06-24-2004 | 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ram-it
Jason, I most certainly will let you know. You can always come on out and check out the results and watch the Pepsi 400.

Ryan, between the two of us I think that we'll have it covered with the above list. Don't need the torque wrench though.

Hey Ricky, you playing with us or not? I even make a nice bed under the Jeep for you in case you get tuckered out little fella.
Heh, feeling frisky are we, princess?

I'm free all day Saturday. I'll be there around 11ish. Get me a mattress and a pillow and I'm all set!

Post up your address or directions and we're all set.
Old 06-24-2004 | 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

There you go again. Seems as if your reading comprehension level is a little low, Ricky. I said that I would be done by Friday evening. I thought you said you were off Friday as well? Sounds like your trying to bail. I never would have expected that from you.
Old 06-24-2004 | 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah, well, plans change. My bad. My engineer at work is off on vacation all next week so I get to cover for him. I have underground storage tank testing being done at our site on that Friday too. I may be able to snake out of here around 2:30 and head right up to your place after work.

Just bought the hot cam and will be putting it in over the 4th of July weekend!!!!?
So does weekend mean Thursday and Friday to you southerners or what?
Old 06-24-2004 | 12:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
So does weekend mean Thursday and Friday to you southerners or what?
I think so... don't you have to cross the international dateline or something to get to the South?
Old 06-24-2004 | 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like we have some jealousy around here on when I get a day off. You should know by now that Thursday and Friday is the weekend for us because we have Busch on Sat and Nextel on Sunday where most of us are working the grandstands and parking. That makes for a Sat to Wed work week.
Old 06-25-2004 | 02:54 AM
TECH Resident

Eric, I get off work thursday at 2:30pm, so I will be at your house at 5:00pm ready to go to work! You are not planning on driving your T/A to work that day are you?

Do you have the cam yet? and are you getting excited yet?!
Old 06-25-2004 | 03:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Damn Ryan, you're gonna be a bonafide cam install expert once July is done... three weekends in a row of cam installs.

By the time mine comes around on the 17th, we'll be able to get it done in a few hours, especially since I'm not doing a new pump or timing chain.
Old 06-25-2004 | 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

No kidding Jason!! Maybe I should start charging money and do cam installs on the weekends.LOL Actually doing my cam install was a whole lot more fun than I thought it would be. So helping you guys out is a privilage.
Old 06-25-2004 | 11:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, too bad there aren't more LS1s in Washington, otherwise we could start our own little LS1 install shop...

But unfortunately, the few that are around that are interested in modifying their cars have learned to be self-reliant when it comes to installing mods... Competition Development (the only LS1/LS6 shop I've seen open up here) learned that the hard way and went out of business within a year.
Old 06-25-2004 | 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Yeah, too bad there aren't more LS1s in Washington, otherwise we could start our own little LS1 install shop...
That would be cool!! But like you said, unfortunatley that probably wouldn't be a realistic business opportunity.
Old 06-25-2004 | 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

Ok Ryan, I might just have to buy my Hot Cam set-up so you have something to do the weekend of the 24th, 25th. How does that sound? Eric, where did you get your cam kit and how much did it set you back.
Old 06-25-2004 | 02:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Doug, I would buy the Hot Cam kit from SDPC... I think that's where Eric got his from. I bought the Hot Cam that Mark's using from there, and Kris Jones at SDPC hooked me up with a good deal including the gasket kit.

Kris Jones is the LS1TECH sponsor contact for SDPC, btw... I think his screen name is kjsdpc.
Old 06-25-2004 | 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks jason. I think this is the same guy that I am getting my LT's, Cats and Y from. I will have to talk to him on Monday and see about a good deal on the Hot Cam. I got a Quote from him on everything I need for my headers @ 1305.00. I think this is a pretty good price?
Old 06-25-2004 | 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Buying the Kooks from SDPC, huh? That's pretty cool... and yes that is a great price for the Kooks! I say tell KJ that you want to add a Hot Cam and gasket kit to your order, and see if he can give you even more of a discount on everything... might be able to get him to knock a little off since you're buying so much from them all at once.
Old 06-25-2004 | 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds good Doug! You guys are keeping me busy!!LOL I bet bu the time we get to yours we could do it blindfolded! Let me know dates and times and I will try to be there. Are you going to come and help us out on Eric's car?

Quick Reply: Hot Cam Purchased!!!