Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Turbo lq4 issue need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo lq4 issue need help

Hello everyone,I’m new to ls efi game , I need some help . I just got done with my turbo build . This is what done to it . 2002 lq4 stock bottom end ljm sport stage 2 cam, upgraded the push rods , trunnions , has 317 aluminum-heads ,80 lb injectors, stock truck return style intake with 3 bar map , aeromotive buypass fuel regulator that’s reading 60lb stock computer that’s been tuned to run with 3 bar map . With Holley dominator 1200hp fuel pump ,I can’t get it to idle with the fuel pump on , but when I let the fuel rails fill up and turn the pump off and hold the gas peddle to the floor it will run good until it runs out off gas . Any suggestions will help. Thanks
Old 12-24-2018, 01:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 137 Likes on 105 Posts

The first thing I'd check is to make sure the PCM has the right the latency (aka "dead time") configured for the injectors. That's critical to getting the right amount fuel injected during idle.

Do you know the specs for the injectors?

Has the PCM been updated with that information?

Also, is the fuel pressure regulator referenced to the intake manifold pressure? If I recall correctly, GMs run constant fuel pressure, so if you hooked up the FPR in the usual way, the PCM needs to be tuned for referenced fuel pressure.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:25 PM
8 Second Club

Received 700 Likes on 441 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Where are you located?
Do you have HP Tuners?
I've tuned a lot of these with the stock ECU.
I'm in Portland

Ron
Old 12-30-2018, 02:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don’t have Hp tuners .I’m in Salem Oregon , how much would you charge ? I don’t have any help with this out here and Im a little frustrated with this issues I thought it would be easier then this lol
Old 12-30-2018, 10:00 AM
8 Second Club

Received 700 Likes on 441 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Send me a private message with your name and phone number and I’ll call you this evening.

I’m busy tuning an LS powered rock crawler today, but will be home later in the day.

Easier to have a conversation than a long back and forth internet discussion. 😊

Ron