Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Be-cool!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 01:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be-cool!!!

I ordered a Be-Cool radiator from Ramchargers today. Dave gave me a fair deal. He sells the polished one for $20 less than MSRP, and then took another 20 off. So I got a polished cap for free basically. He had to order it, so it should be here by the end of the month.

He also told me Be-Cool stands behind their stuff. They have been known to install radiators for guys that were having issues. And it comes with a 1 yr warranty. Why didn't I do this last spring? Then I could have bought one of the Yanks that are on sale right now......
Old 11-20-2004, 01:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you need that yank baby!

Congrats on the Be-Cool. wish I could buy one!
Old 11-20-2004, 02:57 AM
TECH Resident

Ellis, do you know a guy called Dave Endringo? He's a racing heads guy and I think I saw your car on his site but I'm not positive.

If you know him, do you like his services?

Sorry about the off-topic question.......
Old 11-20-2004, 10:08 AM
10 Second Club

That should make for an interesting answer......tick tick tick

Yeah, at 10% off + free shipping I really wanted to buy a Yank too. That's OK, I still haven't made up my mind whether to go with a Stealth 3200 or a Super Stock 3600. But I read a post here from the new mgr & it sounds like they have all their delivery & support issues cleared up. Which is good news!

Hey Ellis, knowing how you are about collecting old parts, if you want my SLP radiator you may have it for free. The element is good, & it's about 1 1/2 times as thick as the stocker. But the pass side tank leaks, and needs to be replaced. If you had a stock radiator you could use it's tank. But I don't & was not able to find a shop that knew how to replace them anyway. I have talked to people that say it can be done, but you need some special tool. Gee, that's a new one for LT1s or LS1s huh? Anyway, if you want it it's yours, otherwise I'll toss it.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you bet Mark!

BTW I have not been able to get ahold of yank in over two years. One of the Finest converters out there IMHO!! The questions is how many do I need for one car and and is three months or calling them to get my money back out of hand?

I am hoping they have it all taken care of. I was selling Yank's Local for guys like you till this happened If they have things fixed up I might start doing it again. When I was doing it I could price match most and still make a buck

WS6Freak PM me.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Polished, I am jeolous.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like that'll work out great for you, Mark! And polished to boot, eat your heart out, Todd...
Old 11-21-2004, 12:56 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had one, you should have asked. I don't like them, the fans don't fit right, the radiator introduces an air gap all the way round the fans. Also, the thickness really pushes back into the area that is already pretty tight by the belts and hoses. But if you can get it all to fit and get the fans sealed off, its overall a good radiator. My recomendation is currently for the SLP unit and its $200 cheaper.

Ryan K.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I saw yours Ryan. Looked nice, but it didn't have a tranny cooler that I ordered mine with. Thanks for the info about the fans. I will look that over when I install it. And I figured on having to play with things to make it fit. Dang thing is FAT!!!

As for SLP, I thought they were a good deal. But I had a pretty bad experience with mine & will NEVER recommend anyone buying one. The workmanship is weak, and the service after the sale is non-existant!

And let me know if you hook back up with Yank Ellis. It will probably be January before I'm ready to buy one.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I ordered a Be-Cool radiator from Ramchargers today. Dave gave me a fair deal. He sells the polished one for $20 less than MSRP, and then took another 20 off. So I got a polished cap for free basically. He had to order it, so it should be here by the end of the month.

He also told me Be-Cool stands behind their stuff. They have been known to install radiators for guys that were having issues. And it comes with a 1 yr warranty. Why didn't I do this last spring? Then I could have bought one of the Yanks that are on sale right now......
Im happy I could help...

Quick Reply: Be-cool!!!