Old 11-24-2004, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL I was just refering to who ever was in the car in the a Red LT1 Z28
Old 11-25-2004, 01:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, this is totally insane.
The state says it didn't want to share in spending money for roads and handling traffic ect.

"The decision follows ISC's offer to pony up only $50 million for the project, which was estimated to cost more than $300 million. ISC wanted the state to finance the rest and kick in another $75 million to improve roads to handle the hordes of race-day fans." (Seattle Business Journal daily)

YET they are going to build nothing but homes there. Figure 3 cars a house, more roads, sidewalks, traffic lights, wheelchair ramps at cross walks, cross walks, dropping cable and television lines and thats just in the housing developments, then they will be forced to do something about onramps and exits, adding a HOV lane, bus transit routes and stops, renovating schools to accommodate the students and additional school busses, more fire stations, trucks and EMT vehicles, sewer for all that, phone lines, cable and anything else I might have missed.....I'M NOT A MATH WHIZ BUT IT DON'T ADD UP TO NOT HAVE A RACE TRACK VS A HOUSING TRACT!!!!!!

"Locations in Kitsap County near Bremerton and in Portland, Ore., were among those being considered when Snohomish County was chosen. On April 28, the Bremerton City Council passed a resolution indicating support for locating a NASCAR facility in Kitsap. Daren Nygren, Bremerton City Council president, said the city is aware of potential downsides, like traffic issues, but also thinks the facility could provide a significant economic boost." (same source)

For ***** sake - Nygren is awake and paying attention at the very least.

Old 11-26-2004, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GEARHED
"Locations in Kitsap County near Bremerton and in Portland, Ore., were among those being considered when Snohomish County was chosen. On April 28, the Bremerton City Council passed a resolution indicating support for locating a NASCAR facility in Kitsap. Daren Nygren, Bremerton City Council president, said the city is aware of potential downsides, like traffic issues, but also thinks the facility could provide a significant economic boost." (same source)

For ***** sake - Nygren is awake and paying attention at the very least.

I was watching from afar and was really disappointed that they chose Marysville over Kitsap county. Maybe Kitsap will have a shot now? It would be great for our area. It would be nice to have some motorsports industry (not located in an attached garage) growing over there. Besides, I could sell dyno time after I buy one (not that I'll be getting one anytime soon)...

Cory
Old 12-12-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was something about it in the Yelm paper this last week that the Mayor is Thinking about reopening the thought of it being down here. Which I am kewl with because it would be less then 10 miles from my house & its going to be a 3/4 to a 1mile track (with a poss. of a 1/4mile straight away with dragstrip)