Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Updated exhaust pics...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated exhaust pics...

Here's a before and after look at my duals that I had to rework after they were ripped off the headers by a speedbump...

Before:

After:

Much better, eh? As you can see, the driver's side bullet is clamp-less. The U-bolt clamp ends hung way too low, and it's proximity to the underbody and torque arm prevented it from being rotated up and out of the way, so I just took it off. I'll think I'll do what was recommended in the other thread and use band clamps on the bullets instead of welds so I can swap them out easier in the future. I hit up a few auto parts stores in the area today, but couldn't find anyone that carries them. Anybody know of anyplace local I might be able to find some?
Old 12-19-2004, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/620690/2

Looks a lot better now! I can't imagine how frustrated you would be if the first speed bump took them off! I'm surprised you weren't cussing on the forums! lol
Old 12-19-2004, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poik
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/620690/2

Looks a lot better now! I can't imagine how frustrated you would be if the first speed bump took them off! I'm surprised you weren't cussing on the forums! lol
Thanks. I gotta stop linking to pics on my Cardomain site, as they seem to only display when they feel like it. As for the exhaust, I was feeling more like "well, that's what I get for being lazy and not doing it right the first time". That and I used up all my rage manhandling the exhaust back on.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Speed bumps were created by the devil.

Not only will they take out vital parts of your car, they screw up the alignment and suspension no matter how slow you take them. Just put down the rows of 'turtles', they are still just as effective!

As for how it looks now - high and tight. Much better!
I'm pretty sure the cussing took place when they were ripped off

Quick Reply: Updated exhaust pics...