Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Who was this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 12:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who was this?

About to doze off with my wife driving the Blazer on our way to Fry's north on 167 and I hear something nice... Looked out and saw an orange w/white stripes Z28 convertable (like a reverse 30th ann?) with what sounded like a loudmouth demoralizing a ricer. Plates sounded out "BOTTLE ROCKET" (don't want to post actual plates, lol).

Anyway, if you're out there, it was cool dude!
Old 12-20-2004, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Excellent job whoever you are!

I saw a bunch of cars this weekend (while in my Dakota). Most notably a NBM WS6 vert with a windshield banner (I think...something white) going north on 405 Sat. Very nice looking!

And yesterday I'm next to an AMG & a turbo Carrera on I 5.....where are all these hot cars when I'm drving the TA?
Old 12-20-2004, 08:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
where are all these hot cars when I'm drving the TA?
Hidding if Fear

I hear you. Friday I drove the Cab to work and I saw three LS1 SS cars!
Old 12-20-2004, 10:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The past weekend I had yet another guy in a stock LT1 Caprice try to race me... if you can call the slaughter I had to lay down a race. By far I seem to get the most street races from guys in those cars for some reason... and they're always stock or close to stock, so I don't know what they're thinking.

The one good thing was that this was one of the first times I've really hammered it since my last few mods... I think the poly motor mounts are helping to not bleed off as much power due to excess motion in the engine because man, when I stomped it in 3rd gear, my wheels started spinning, which hasn't happened before on dry pavement!
Old 12-20-2004, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

I heard a lot of them this weekend. The weather was helpful for it: cold and dry. At least it helps with the Ram-Air .
Old 12-20-2004, 05:09 PM
Loves to change spark plugs

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
The past weekend I had yet another guy in a stock LT1 Caprice try to race me... if you can call the slaughter I had to lay down a race. By far I seem to get the most street races from guys in those cars for some reason... and they're always stock or close to stock, so I don't know what they're thinking.

The one good thing was that this was one of the first times I've really hammered it since my last few mods... I think the poly motor mounts are helping to not bleed off as much power due to excess motion in the engine because man, when I stomped it in 3rd gear, my wheels started spinning, which hasn't happened before on dry pavement!

Older guys? That's what I see. It is a quick car compared to the cars they probably were driving before they snagged the Imp.

A couple summers back I used to get next to a guy in a Malibu SS that thought he could beat the T/A. The road went from 2 lanes to 1, so the winner was always obvious. I must have run him 5 times. The last two I saw him furiously beating his steering wheel in frustration.
Next thing I know he's driving an LS1 SS vert. Raced me once. I gave it a go and it was closer than some I've had against LS1's, but he won. That was that. He won't even aknowledge me anymore. Heh.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:31 PM
12 Second Club

Just saw a beautiful black WS6 when I was at top foods, mother and daughter I'm assuming, (daughter was young but cute hehe) "she bad" was what it read.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Also there is a black WS.6 I have seen in downtown Edmonds, driven by a chick. BATGIRL lol
Old 12-20-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

**** up here the only time I see an LS1 is if I walk out into my garage I live in a veritable dead zone I swear.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Poik
Also there is a black WS.6 I have seen in downtown Edmonds, driven by a chick. BATGIRL lol
I've seen her in Mountlake Terrace too.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

and why haven't we invited these ladies (and their daughters) to meets?
Old 12-20-2004, 09:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rookiels1
and why haven't we invited these ladies (and their daughters) to meets?
Could it be because they do not come in here?

I think the black WS6 with mother/daughter pulled into Taco Bell one night. I seem to recall Eric or Jon talking to them for a bit. Nice car, & cute ladies.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 97BlackT\A
Older guys? That's what I see. It is a quick car compared to the cars they probably were driving before they snagged the Imp.

A couple summers back I used to get next to a guy in a Malibu SS that thought he could beat the T/A. The road went from 2 lanes to 1, so the winner was always obvious. I must have run him 5 times. The last two I saw him furiously beating his steering wheel in frustration.
Next thing I know he's driving an LS1 SS vert. Raced me once. I gave it a go and it was closer than some I've had against LS1's, but he won. That was that. He won't even aknowledge me anymore. Heh.

Hey Jeff. Let him try that this summer after you change the NEXT set of Plugs
Old 12-21-2004, 01:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 97BlackT\A

No, so far they've always been guys that looked like they were in their 20s or 30s...

The sad thing is I've never run another F-body on the street before (well ok, except for a little spirited run with Mark once)... I really wanted to go up against a black LS1 Z28 I've seen around here that has the RS ground effects package, dark tint all around, nice looking chromies, an SLP windshield banner, and what looks like the SLP loudmouth exhaust. I can tell that the exhaust is pretty much all he has done to it from the sound, so I'd like to really make a run and shock the hell out of him.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Could it be because they do not come in here?

I think the black WS6 with mother/daughter pulled into Taco Bell one night. I seem to recall Eric or Jon talking to them for a bit. Nice car, & cute ladies.
remember the white WS6 vert that pulled into burger master with the two cuties?
Old 12-21-2004, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You know, I really haven't seen many LS1's out here at all. The only one that sticks out was a SOM WS6 I saw on the freeway that was being driven by some lady that was probably in her 60's. She was haulin' *** too! I see LT1's fairly often, and 98-02 V-6's, but that's about it. Heck, when I was looking around to buy the closest I could find one was Bellevue, and that's the one I ended up with. That's one of the cool things about having an LS1 as opposed to, say, a Mustang: it's a little more "exclusive". Everybody and their sister has a Mustang GT. There's probably 5 or 6 just in my little housing area. I've got the only LS1, though.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:51 AM
12 Second Club

The reason you don't see many F-bodies on the street is cause their all in garages being modded.

I wonder what the total horsepower increase is gonna be from this board when everyone finishes their winter mod projects.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
I wonder what the total horsepower increase is gonna be from this board when everyone finishes their winter mod projects.
It'll be inversely proportional to the total decrease in monetary funds...
Old 12-21-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Cuties in F-Bods? Sign me up!!!!! I am actually in town again and this time I brought my 'Bird. Anyone up for a lil GTG before/after Xmas?
Old 12-21-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL I see 2nd gens, 3rd gens & 4th gens down here all year long & all the time.

Quick Reply: Who was this?