Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Introducing the NEW Z06

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004 | 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's the problem. GM trying to lure the potential Viper or Porsche buyer is like Ford trying to lure the potential vette buyer over to the cobra. Ain't going to happen. Second, the new Viper is still faster than the Z06 but not by much and it cost the same. Which one will be more rare? The Viper cause Dodge is not trying to sell 10k of them a year. So what if a the Z06 can run circles around a Ferrari? So can your car. Which one would you rather have? The guy with the money will by the Ferrari everytime because at the end of the day he still has a Ferrari and I still have a mass produced vette with a chevy emblem on it. My car can hang with all of them and is the biggest bang for buck including the new Z06. But I would rather have that Ferrari.
Old 12-30-2004 | 02:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I actually think GM is trying to entice non-Vette people to buy this new car. Otherwise they would not have dumped the hide-away headlights. That is a big no-no to most people with Vette-ishes.

But I agree Boyce, $ for $ this thing rocks the competition.

Supposively it is to sell more cars in Europe and also the front bumper change did not leave enough room for it.

It's damn nice but you figure if C6's are marked up to 60k right imagine what the z06 is going to be.

I LOVE the Daytona orange C6, but although its basically the same car underneath, the interior/exterior has lost that "vette" feel. While sitting in it it really reminded me of an Infintiy G35 coupe interior knock off. The body lines are too sharp vettes have always had a Sleek look to them even the C2's but the C6 is sharp and edgy. Again not a bad thing although I don't think the parts fit together. The rear is fine, the sides are fine, the front is OK put them all together it just doesn't look right. The Look of the Z06 SHOULD have been the C6 at the very least.

None of this really matters I can't afford one anyways Hoping the 427 block and crank will be relatively inexpensive

Quick Reply: Introducing the NEW Z06