Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Who's the guy who polishes everything aluminum?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who's the guy who polishes everything aluminum?

Interested in doing a set of wheels? Just the outer surface, of course.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be Todd..
Old 02-10-2005, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Don't hold your breath. Todd doesn't want to get into doing this stuff for $. If you're lucky he'll get 'that itch' when he comes over to visit & then polish one of your parts that you been thinking about for a while. But he wants to keep this as a fun thing, not turn it into a job.

He probably would tell you what to get & how to do it tho. It aint that hard if you have the right stuff & the desire / patience to make it purdy. I'd post a pic of your wheels & let people make suggestions. I've done quite a bit on my own with the guidance of people on here.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Not sure where you're located or if you're interested in paying someone to do the work, but Whetnall's Polishing up here in Marysville does nice work. I've never had them do wheels, but they've done aluminum intakes, stainless exhaust, and various other bits for me over the years. Always came out great. Their number is 360-658-1000.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by narcszm
Interested in doing a set of wheels? Just the outer surface, of course.
I've got the stuff and if your close by you can come over and do it. I'll show you what needs to be done, if need be.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Tech Addict

It is me, but like WAHUSKER said he sumed it up perfect. Honestly, I barely have time to complete my projects and want to keep it as a hobby. I have done a few things but for free as I have time, even someone sent me bolts to polish from Texas.

There is a guy in Oak Harbor company named FC Plating he does excellent chroming and polishing, be ready to pay but it is top notch.

I am in for $1500 to $2000 in chroming work on my car with him. He is nice and will tell you like it is on what can and can not be done. Let me know if you need his number and I will dig it out.

Quick Reply: Who's the guy who polishes everything aluminum?