Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

WA and OR people...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say that people aropund here drive nice in general (when they are not raining rocks on my hood), but you have to remember that I am used to NY drivers.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, there are a number of car clubs up here. PNWCC (pacific northwest camaro club), Northwest Fbody, Then there is the loosly knit LS1tech crowd but we all have some affiliation with other clubs.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

as for car clubs you have Tnwracers (Team Northwest Racers use to be known as TNW Fbodies)

PNWCC (Pacific Northwest Camaro club)
Camaro cruizers & INland Camaro club for Washington state fbodies

For those that live in Oregon there is columbia river camaro (fbodie) club
Old 02-24-2005, 05:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Ya, Washington drivers suck, but I've seen more a than a few Oregon drivers that suck too. Everywhere you go you'll run into bad drivers though.

Portland is just about bankrupt and can't even keep their schools open. Nice way to represent our future Oregon. I'm sure before long the politicians in Oregon will find yet more ways to line their own pockets and waste money on useless bureaucratic BS. Anyone who's ever tried to develop property in Portland can vouch for the complete lack of communication between agencies. It's pretty bad when the mayor needs to get involved in order to get a permit for a half-street improvment along 150' of downtown property!! Watching Portland bureau's is much like a monkey ******* a football. They're both an excercise in frustration. I saw a bumper sticker once that read: "friends don't let friends develop in Portland"... true story.

Mike

Try starting a business in Portland......NOT
Old 02-24-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

One word for you, NEITHER. Whatever California does now, these two do next.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not really lol heck Cali hasnt split in to two states yet & yet they are talking about it for Washington state. lol
Old 02-24-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Veteran

I could only dream that they'd split this state in two... Eastern Washington, here I come!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL

The Need To Secede

February 22, 2005

By Ken Schram

Let's give it up for State Senator Bob Morton, the guy pushing for Eastern Washington to become its own state, but what should it be called?

SEATTLE - The 51st state.

Now there's an idea I can rally around.

Let's give it up for State Senator Bob Morton.

(APPLAUSE)

Bob's the guy pushing for Eastern Washington to become its own state.

Bob's got the need to secede.

Bob's had it up to his bib overalls with Eastern Washington being politically force fed by Western Washington liberals.

And who can blame him?

Not me.

I figure Bob's got his manure together.

One of Bob's allies in this - Sen. Bob McCaslin - says Eastern Washington could survive beautifully on its own.

Bob and Bob are hoping that Congress will do what's right and see things their way.

Now, I'll bet Bob and Bob will be taking some flack for raising this issue when there are so many, many other matters that need legislative attention.

I hope Bob and Bob just ignore all that negativity.

Bob and Bob are visionaries; kings among peasants.

Some might call them dim bulbs, but I think they are bright lights.

I hope we can give Bob and Bob some help.

What do you think their new state should be called?

Email me your suggestion.

I promise to pass it along to Bob.

And Bob.

Want to share your thoughts with Ken Schram? You can e-mail him at kenschram@komo4news.com
Old 02-27-2005, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

In Oregon, there are other places than Portland to live. I think the only emissions testing is done in the Portland metro area, no where else. If you get about 20 miles away from Portland, things get better. I live about 60 miles south of Portland but there are no clubs around here.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SmokinWS6
In Oregon, there are other places than Portland to live. I think the only emissions testing is done in the Portland metro area, no where else. If you get about 20 miles away from Portland, things get better. I live about 60 miles south of Portland but there are no clubs around here.

Testing is required out to as far as Sandy, Medford also has testing and soon from what I have heard Bend will to.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SmokinWS6
CRC is in portland/ Vancouver area but They have seen a drop in membership
Old 02-27-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I live in Thurston County ( near Olympia Wa) & We dont have testing of any kind & you think we would since Olympia is green tree huggers town.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Teching In

We found a 1,200 sqft 2 bedroom/2 bath in Bellevue, WA (King County) for $1,145 per month and we got a month for free w/ 12 month lease. Tacoma, Kent, Federal is less expensive (Pierce County. Look at www.rent.com and www.apartmentguide.com and select Puget Sound as your search area. If you find something on www.rent.com and you report your lease, you get $100.

Also, when we registered our TA, we registered in Olympia with no problems. The TA has no catalytic converters (gutted) and the O2 sensors are bad ... King and Pierce County has stricter emmisions I think.

Last edited by Voodooviolin; 03-01-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:32 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
Yes, there are a number of car clubs up here. PNWCC (pacific northwest camaro club), Northwest Fbody, Then there is the loosly knit LS1tech crowd but we all have some affiliation with other clubs.
Don't forget Western Washington Firebirds.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Voodooviolin

Also, when we registered our TA, we registered in Olympia with no problems. The TA has no catalytic converters (gutted) and the O2 sensors are bad ... King and Pierce County has stricter emmisions I think.
You live in Bellvue & have your car registered in Thurston county??????
Old 03-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Yep ... used a friend's address in Olympia.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep ... used a friend's address in Olympia.

You know if you get pulled over & the cop asks for your registration & DL & sees two diff address for the car that is in YOUR name. They can force you to change that. As a matter of fact they are trying to enforce that now.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
You know if you get pulled over & the cop asks for your registration & DL & sees two diff address for the car that is in YOUR name. They can force you to change that. As a matter of fact they are trying to enforce that now.

Oh I know, we updated the address and replaced parts 3 months later ... oops, I think we hi-jacked the thread ... now back to subject ... either way you guys will enjoy living in the Northwest, good luck with the decision!!

Last edited by Voodooviolin; 03-01-2005 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh I know, we updated the address and replaced parts 3 months later ... oops, I think we hi-jacked the thread ... now back to subject ... either way you guys will enjoy living in the Northwest, good luck with the decision!!

That is fine. I prefer to hear all these things. I know how gorgeous and awesome the state is. I am most worried about bringing my car up there ( 94 Z28/355) and my buddies (97 Z28 P1SC/355). We are both currently registered out of county here. I use a friends address and just have that as my living address on my drivers license.

I would love to move to the Seattle area, with emmisions being my only problem. I stayed at my friends house in Newcastle for a few weeks at a time and loved it. Housing, my friend is probally gonna just buy a house. Looking at the ~$200k range.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by madhatter
That is fine. I prefer to hear all these things. I know how gorgeous and awesome the state is. I am most worried about bringing my car up there ( 94 Z28/355) and my buddies (97 Z28 P1SC/355). We are both currently registered out of county here. I use a friends address and just have that as my living address on my drivers license.

I would love to move to the Seattle area, with emmisions being my only problem. I stayed at my friends house in Newcastle for a few weeks at a time and loved it. Housing, my friend is probally gonna just buy a house. Looking at the ~$200k range.
Depending on your taste, you might not find something decent in Kirkland, Newcastle or Bellevue for $200,000. Around here think $300,00 and up for a decent house, unless you want to live in a condo ... www.johnlscott.com will help you if you are looking for a house. Gives you a general idea ...

Quick Reply: WA and OR people...