Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Hooters tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005 | 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

The all motor Skunk RSX runs 9's but it's a full drag car. I've seen a boosted CRX run high 10's low 11's.
Old 02-25-2005 | 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

I brought the video camera with me just in case, now all I need is the car back....I hope its done soon
Old 02-25-2005 | 10:21 AM
10 Second Club

The only 10 sec import I know about is an AWD Eclipse with a HUGE turbo....
Old 02-25-2005 | 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Looks like I wont be able to make this one.
Old 02-25-2005 | 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

hehe gotta get em like this to get em that fast, if you wanna see the fast imports go to Battle of the Imports this year. that's when the big guys come out to play.

Old 02-25-2005 | 10:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sardog46
By the way anybody see any honda at the track run tens?
Oh I've heard all about them, but I have yet to see one at Pacific or Bremerton. There was an Integra there last year that was a tubbed out race car (had the lightweight removeable front section and everything) and it was running low 11s, but after one run it was broken and had to be put back on the trailer... saw that car at least three times, and all three times, one run, broken.

All that trouble for a time that any one of us could reach and still drive the car around on the street.
Old 02-25-2005 | 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

9.80 for a car that could NEVER be put on the street.....no thanks, not to impressed. Ryan K ran 9.90's and was a full bodied car, and streetable. Now if that little car ran that fast without the lexan, glass front clip, glass doors, glass back half and carpet, oh, dont forget the partial tube chassis, yeah I would be impressed.

Thats the beauty of our cars. DRIVE to the track, run 10's, drive home. Whilst the little RSX (that doesnt even have its factory based motor) is busy trying to get loaded onto a trailor after its done fixing its half shafts that it spit out after each run.

Sorry but the imports just dont get alot of respect from me.
Old 02-25-2005 | 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

LOL, just noticed that thing is also running a MoTech management system. For what was probably spent on that item alone your could buy a used Z28 and a NX system and spray your way into a high 11.

EDIT: I am now even less impressed with that car.
Old 02-25-2005 | 10:48 AM
12 Second Club

lol yeah never said it was cheap lol and yeah big difference between doin 9's in that car and ours.
Old 02-25-2005 | 10:53 AM
TECH Veteran

If you got money, you can make anything fast because just about anything can be turned into a full-on race car... I am most impressed with fast cars that can still be driven on the street, as Boyce said. That's why I was impressed to see Ryan K's Z28 at the track... that thing hauls with a full interior and stealthy looks on the outside.

Just about every 10 second honda that some kid talks about being a full-on street car on all motor is a figment of their overactive imagination. Good luck finding a 10 second street legal all-motor honda... and the few 10 second hondas that are out there don't have Boeing wings on the back, folger's cans (must be dark roast judging by the black soot on their bumper above it) and god awful body kits that drag on every manhole cover in the city.
Old 02-25-2005 | 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

lol yeah all the fast ones are sleepers
Old 02-25-2005 | 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

That dude from hooters had my number, but like i suspected, all talk no action. Tell you what i wont be there tonight, got to take care of some other ****. Actually got a date and she doesn't want to go to hooters, but going to outback instead. If you guys see that little ***** talk some **** for me and let him know anytime anywhere, and to bring his wallet at least 1k, just to get it off the trailor. I just get sick off all these kids and their ******* pipe dreams. They see fast and the full of **** and sudenly a fart can and a wing and your in the tens, just like all the cars in theat movie, turbo supras on street tires always outrun tubed blown hemi chargers on slicks. happens all the time, stupid *****.

sorry just pissed off right now got one kid i work with that talks all kinds of **** about his 300 zx but evry time i want to race he comes up with some other excuss, if he would just tell me that he can't hang i would leave him alone, but he swears on street tires he will blow my door off, what a punk bitch.
Old 02-25-2005 | 12:08 PM
TECH Veteran

You know what I say to those kinds of guys, Jason? I tell them come out to the track and race me heads up, or at the very least get a timeslip to back your **** talking up. Until then, , because you're lower than a snake's ball bag in my book, you asshat.

No wonder I've always got to go to sensitivity training here at work...
Old 02-25-2005 | 12:15 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I almost want to take my TA just in case the kid shows up again. There do seem to be a lot of Ricer Pit Bulls running around that are all bark & no bite. It just irritates the **** outta me when some punk talks ****. I guess we should take it as a compliment....like they are jealous cause they know their **** can't stand up. But at least a 300ZX (or a 3rd Gen Turbo RX7, or 20g Talon, or......) has a shot at being a legit race for your car Jason. No guarantee, but they can be made into VERY fast cars.
Old 02-25-2005 | 12:21 PM
TECH Veteran

I know what you mean, Mark... I never talk **** (except to you guys in good fun, of course) because there is ALWAYS someone faster. I let the car do the talking... and if the other car talks a little louder at the end, well that's fine by me.

The one thing I noticed is that most of the guys who talk a bunch of **** have no means to back it up... the louder they yap, the less likely it is that they can do what they say.
Old 02-25-2005 | 12:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I know what you mean, Mark... I never talk **** (except to you guys in good fun, of course) because there is ALWAYS someone faster. I let the car do the talking... and if the other car talks a little louder at the end, well that's fine by me.

The one thing I noticed is that most of the guys who talk a bunch of **** have no means to back it up... the louder they yap, the less likely it is that they can do what they say.
I'll drink to that
Old 02-25-2005 | 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Yeah, I almost want to take my TA just in case the kid shows up again. There do seem to be a lot of Ricer Pit Bulls running around that are all bark & no bite. It just irritates the **** outta me when some punk talks ****. I guess we should take it as a compliment....like they are jealous cause they know their **** can't stand up. But at least a 300ZX (or a 3rd Gen Turbo RX7, or 20g Talon, or......) has a shot at being a legit race for your car Jason. No guarantee, but they can be made into VERY fast cars.

Yhea their are some fast ones out there, but 99% are the 14-17sec ones that just think b/c they read an article about someone else doing it then they can too, it just makes me so made when they talk ****, and then have to make excuses, cause their **** is slower than they think.

but anyway i just should him the vid from sun and that shut him up fast, He told me he had no idea that my car was really that fast, he always thought i was talking **** and didn't know what i was talking about. Now his new thing is that he might not hang with me in a quarter mile but in a mile race he would kill me. God these kids kill me
Old 02-25-2005 | 01:56 PM
Pathological Modifier

That's why I was impressed to see Ryan K's Z28 at the track... that thing hauls with a full interior and stealthy looks on the outside.
Thanks, I'll take that as a complement!

I wish I could be there tonight, but I got to get the car pulled apart to fix the little things.

Ryan K.
Old 02-25-2005 | 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Now if you guys could only change these to the saturdays I am up there.

Hey Jason you coming to Alfy's on Saturday after noon? 4pm up stairs.
Old 02-25-2005 | 03:55 PM
teh PuRpL3z

I wish I could, but I have a radio show at 8pm.