Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

03/12 Quiznos pics (56K = die)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys when the weather gets better I'm heading up, haven't seen your cars in awhile. I think Boyce was the only real modder car around when I met all of you
Old 03-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003 Saleen
My car Never sees rain.
I really make an effort to avoid it but it sometime sneaks up on you, lol.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Veteran

We've had close to 35 inches of rain this year (since October) so since my girl is my DD, I have had no choice but to let her get wet. Oh well..........what can ya do?

BTW Todd, is that intake on your car a Holley-Weiand <sp?> ???
Old 03-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rottluver
We've had close to 35 inches of rain this year (since October) so since my girl is my DD, I have had no choice but to let her get wet. Oh well..........what can ya do?

BTW Todd, is that intake on your car a Holley-Weiand <sp?> ???
Yes. Says Lingenfelter on it. Funny thing, I had someone ask me if it was a Lingenfelter engine because of it.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
Yes. Says Lingenfelter on it. Funny thing, I had someone ask me if it was a Lingenfelter engine because of it.
Ligenfelter is involved in making those? Learn sumtin new every day.

How is the heat soak on it? I have this NBM/chrome scheme going on in my engine compartment and I would LUV to have a chrome/polished manifold......but everytime I bring it up, people always whine about the heatsoak.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Ligenfelter is involved in making those? Learn sumtin new every day.

How is the heat soak on it? I have this NBM/chrome scheme going on in my engine compartment and I would LUV to have a chrome/polished manifold......but everytime I bring it up, people always whine about the heatsoak.
I am positive it is way hotter that the plastic one. I love the looks, that is why I bought it. It does hold a larger volume of air than the stock one. My boost went down 1-2#. I was told that is a good point about it and really nice for FI applications. I guess it holds a greater volume of air\boost so you have more to suck in when needed-that is that way I see it.

When I have dynoed my car, my hp never went down after each run, if that matters. I am sure it has an effect though having more heat soak.

I am going to stick my neck out and take a beating but imo after market intakes (actually I saw this in GMHP I believe) there was little difference in performance on basically stock motor. The Lingenfelter \ Weiand intake performed the worst with the NA motor for the test but by only a few ponies.

Kind of like the after market exhausts all pretty mush the same choose your sound. Spend 500-900 dollars for 10rwhp = nuts. I did it, lol.

BTW it is polished which I did myself. Chroming it is too hard.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

I am positive it is way hotter that the plastic one. I love the looks, that is why I bought it. It does hold a larger volume of air than the stock one. My boost went down 1-2#. I was told that is a good point about it and really nice for FI applications. I guess it holds a greater volume of air\boost so you have more to suck in when needed-that is that way I see it.

When I have dynoed my car, my hp never went down after each run, if that matters. I am sure it has an effect though having more heat soak.

I am going to stick my neck out and take a beating but imo after market intakes (actually I saw this in GMHP I believe) there was little difference in performance on basically stock motor. The Lingenfelter \ Weiand intake performed the worst with the NA motor for the test but by only a few ponies.

Kind of like the after market exhausts all pretty mush the same choose your sound. Spend 500-900 dollars for 10rwhp = nuts. I did it, lol.

BTW it is polished which I did myself. Chroming it is too hard.
WOW!!!! An honest response from an owner of it. Thank you.

I like the boost change, that has to be better for your engine. I read a similar (if not the same) article testing numerous manifolds....they even went so far as to test the 6.0 L truck intake (a funky lookin thing) and I wasn't so overwhelmed by any one manifold that I would race out to get it............if/when I ever decide to really do my motor, I wanna stroke it (383) and blow it (heh heh heh) and THEN I would get an aftermarket manifold...but my '02 came with the LS6 manifold, so I am golden for the most part.

Thanks again for the honest & insightful <sp?> response. I really appreciate it.

It also looks great....I am impressed u did the polishing yourself. I am a lazy I woulda bought the pre-polished one for more $$
Old 03-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

WOW!!!! An honest response from an owner of it. Thank you.

I like the boost change, that has to be better for your engine. I read a similar (if not the same) article testing numerous manifolds....they even went so far as to test the 6.0 L truck intake (a funky lookin thing) and I wasn't so overwhelmed by any one manifold that I would race out to get it............if/when I ever decide to really do my motor, I wanna stroke it (383) and blow it (heh heh heh) and THEN I would get an aftermarket manifold...but my '02 came with the LS6 manifold, so I am golden for the most part.

Thanks again for the honest & insightful <sp?> response. I really appreciate it.

It also looks great....I am impressed u did the polishing yourself. I am a lazy I woulda bought the pre-polished one for more $$
Like 99% here, they tell it like it is. You are talking about the same article as I saw.

I think 350ci is enough cubes for 500 rwhp which is a nice number, but the motor needs to be built to handle it, meaning for racing all the time. Really don't need more power than that. Just my opinion, each has their goals etc. Then again more cubes would be really nice.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Like 99% here, they tell it like it is. You are talking about the same article as I saw.

I think 350ci is enough cubes for 500 rwhp which is a nice number, but the motor needs to be built to handle it, meaning for racing all the time. Really don't need more power than that. Just my opinion, each has their goals etc. Then again more cubes would be really nice.
The honesty is one of the big reasons I come here........that and there is basically ZERO NW action at the other place.

I am sure I could build a 346 to 500 rwhp, but the thing that drives me ABSOLUTELY frikkin nutz is how the LS1's start gaining less and less torque at/above 400 rwhp...that seems to be the place where the drop off begins......and coming from the era of big blocks and gobs of tq.....I adore it. Hence my luv of the 383 and it's ability to make mounds of it. It is all personal preference though.........I am also very fond of how much bigger of a cam u can stuff in a stroked motor without losing driveability/streetability.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:25 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The honesty is one of the big reasons I come here........that and there is basically ZERO NW action at the other place.
That's because the people you see here are pretty much the NW crowd, and it doesn't make sense to have two forums... they just end up duplicating the same info. You'll notice that there is no Pacific Northwest forum on our site anymore.

It wasn't by my choice... I'd much rather see everyone on a site owned by one of us, and have a justification to throw money into Northwest events.. but this is where the people are, and it works, so why **** with it.

People will just have to understand if I don't promote this forum. I can't. Hell, they delete my posts if I even mention my board the wrong way here.

I sponsored the CCCA last year hoping I could change some of that around... but it didn't do anything other than make my wallet lighter. I'd really love to spend our board's money on local events.... but I have to give the other owners a reason to justify it... and right now I can't.

I have no plans to sponsor the CCCA this year... up in the air on other events, but I will probably decline there, too.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 03-21-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
That's because the people you see here are pretty much the NW crowd, and it doesn't make sense to have two forums... they just end up duplicating the same info. You'll notice that there is no Pacific Northwest forum on our site anymore.

It wasn't by my choice... I'd much rather see everyone on a site owned by one of us, and have a justification to throw money into Northwest events.. but this is where the people are, and it works, so why **** with it.

People will just have to understand if I don't promote this forum. I can't. Hell, they delete my posts if I even mention my board the wrong way here.

I sponsored the CCCA last year hoping I could change some of that around... but it didn't do anything other than make my wallet lighter. I'd really love to spend our board's money on local events.... but I have to give the other owners a reason to justify it... and right now I can't.

I have no plans to sponsor the CCCA this year... up in the air on other events, but I will probably decline there, too.
Wow, I didn't notice that it was gone till u just said it.

Don't get me wrong Zeke, I wasn't bashing that the other board has no NW following.......I understand how the vacuum happened during the transition last year. Heck, that is how I found this site and yours.........I just was trying to say that I really like how the guys up in the NW (you all) are honest w/o being jerks. It is nice and I enjoy both places.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:46 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Wow, I didn't notice that it was gone till u just said it.

Don't get me wrong Zeke, I wasn't bashing that the other board has no NW following.......I understand how the vacuum happened during the transition last year. Heck, that is how I found this site and yours.........I just was trying to say that I really like how the guys up in the NW (you all) are honest w/o being jerks. It is nice and I enjoy both places.
No, I completely understand what you're saying.. and yeah, it's true. We're not like the Texas crowd that will bash you if you don't have a 10 second car. This group is pretty down to earth.

I didn't want to shut off the NW forum over there, but I got really tired of people from the other regional forums coming in there trolling because it was dead.

[waiting to get the lock for mentioning it]
Old 03-21-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Veteran

<changing subject>

So when is "Teh Purple" getting back to ya?
Old 03-21-2005, 09:30 PM
teh PuRpL3z

<changing subject>

So when is "Teh Purple" getting back to ya?

Possibly by the end of the week... I'm guessing next week, though.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Possibly by the end of the week... I'm guessing next week, though.
That is awesome dude. I bet you can't wait.........I went nutz last year when my car was in the body shop.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:33 AM
teh PuRpL3z

That is awesome dude. I bet you can't wait.........I went nutz last year when my car was in the body shop.
I'm glad the weather is shitty while its in the shop.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:50 AM
Tech Addict

I am sure I could build a 346 to 500 rwhp, but the thing that drives me ABSOLUTELY frikkin nutz is how the LS1's start gaining less and less torque at/above 400 rwhp...that seems to be the place where the drop off begins......and coming from the era of big blocks and gobs of tq.....I adore it. Hence my luv of the 383 and it's ability to make mounds of it. It is all personal preference though.........I am also very fond of how much bigger of a cam u can stuff in a stroked motor without losing driveability/streetability.
With 1 deg KR the most RWTQ I ever seen was 470 from my car, when the timing was advanced more. I would not mind more cubes.